New kids on the block -Gunjan

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago

By A.L. Chougule

Pooja Ruparel

Pooja Ruparel, Kajol's little sister in Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge can now be seen in Baa Bahu or Baby. This lucky actress started her career with Shah Rukh Khan. He too starred in her first film King Uncle. Although she acted in the comedy show LOC — Life Out Of Control, Baa.. is her first full fledged soap on TV.

Talking about her role in Baa.. she says, "I am playing the role of a rich, talented, upright and righteous girl called Falguni who is an expert in sculptures. As the story progresses Falguni who is an acquaintance of Hemal will eventually become his love interest. When asked why she wasn't seen in any movie or serial for a long time she says, "I wanted to concentrate on my studies." But in between she did a couple of commercials for Kit-Kat, Surf Excel and Hajmola Candy. Now though we will get to see her regularly as the soap airs during the weekend.

Gunjan Vijaya

Gunjan Vijaya shifted to Mumbai one-and-half-years ago and then landed a role in Hare Kaanch Ki Choondiya. When her role came to an end Gunjan moved on to Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi where she plays Mohini's daughter Archita. "Archita is the youngest in the new generation of characters and is loved by everyone. But she is scared of Bhoomi. I can't reveal the cause, but there is a definite reason for it," says Gunjan. 

The actress  has found her friends in co-actors Reshmi Ghosh, Mouni, Naman Shaw and Pulkit. The one thing they have in common is that they are all Bengalis. The actress will soon be seen in Balaji's Karbon Copy.