I have gone crazy with joy: Rajasmita

DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago

Rourkela's 21-year-old Rajasmita Kar, who won Dance India Dance, says she wants to buy a house for her parents now and learn Odissi too

You must be over the moon now after winning the third season of Zee TV's " Dance India Dance"...

Yes, I am. I've crazy with joy. I come from such a humble background and this is a huge achievement for me. My father owns a small shop of electrical goods in Basanti colony of Roukela. I couldn't complete my graduation but took up dancing instead. I have been waiting for this day for so long and I'm happy to have made my state proud.

You've also participate in "Jhum Odisha Jhum" and "Dhum Machela Dhum" but never went on to win the competitions in Odisha...

Yes. I was popular and people loved my dance when I participated in those shows. But it's true that I never won those shows back home. I got the opportunity to dance with Bishu bhai. That was a big thing for me too. When I didn't win the shows in Odisha, I decided to try even harder. I knew that I must have lagged somewhere behind. My efforts paid off and today, I am thrilled. My parents have literally gone mad after the news.

Mithun Chakraborty had great expectations from you. Happy to have proved him right?

Of course, I am happy. Someone as great as Mithun Chakraborty had said that I am the dark horse and would win. I am so glad that I lived up to his expectations. Akshay Kumar had also praised my ability to change expressions while dancing. I cherish his compliments.

How did you change?

I used to wake up at 4 in the morning and do my jogging and other exercises. That increased by flexibility. The ""DID"" training experience has been enriching for me. I've learnt Hip Hop from Aman Sir but never got the chance to learn Odissi. If I get an opportunity, I'd love to learn Odissi.

What will you do with the prize money?

I wanted to buy a house for my parents in Rourkela. Now I can fulfill that. I wish my win inspires talents in Odisha to come forward and participate in national reality shows. As of now, I am waiting to go to Rourkela to celebrate.

What are your aspirations now?

It seems just the other day that I had come to Mumbai to participate in the show. Everything got over so quickly. I want to be a good dancer. I have no inhibitions about doing item numbers. Work is worship for me. If possible, I want to train promising youngsters.

Who is your favourite dancer?

Sridevi is my all-time favourite. Even when I watch her old movies, I am overwhelmed by her grace. Among contemporary heroines, I like Priyanka Chopra.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Well I Dnt LIke HEr But ab jo jeet gaya so jeet gaya so Best Of Luck FOr Her Future๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
DaddyMarvel thumbnail

Originally posted by: Be.A.Rebel

Well I Dnt LIke HEr But ab jo jeet gaya so jeet gaya so Best Of Luck FOr Her Future๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Yeah, she was alright. But since she won, let's all wish her the best. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Essence.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Dude! Love your sigg๐Ÿ˜†
CrazyGirl.21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
rajesmita deserved it...congo !!!!!!
nd nice !!!!! ol d best 4 d future rajesmita :)
wicked_angel thumbnail
Did they  give her any prize money apart from the car ?? I dont think so ...but I wished they would ..She has worked hard for this and she deserves every bit of that taqdeer ki topi ...Well, I really love her attitude and she has made all the girls proud just like Shakti..! ๐Ÿ‘

Originally posted by: _MagnificentM_

Dude! Love your sigg๐Ÿ˜†

Thnx BUddy ๐Ÿ˜Š
DaddyMarvel thumbnail

Thnx BUddy ๐Ÿ˜Š

Siggie aur display pic, donon hi zabardast hai badshaah!!

๐Ÿ˜‰

Originally posted by: -Desi-IFer-

Siggie aur display pic, donon hi zabardast hai badshaah!!

๐Ÿ˜‰

thnx bare badshah ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜ณ