Arhi FF:Mirage Note pg 158 for next thread link - Page 37

Posted: 11 years ago
get well soon. Hope its not really bad. Do take care.
mirage is fantastic, infact was looking for the update.
continue when your ready. 
sri.
awesome part
nightmare made me cry 
CHAPTER 9

Arnav had jogged into the woods, going deeper inside it, away from everyone, away from the world. The world which sometimes suffocated his whole being. He wanted some peace in his life. Something constant to hold onto. Deep inside, he knew that he was tired of leading this life. This wasn't what he had planned for his future.

His jogging soon turned into full speed running. He could feel his veins throbbing with blood as his heart pumped more blood to his organs. His breathing increased rapidly as he intook deep breaths of fresh cool air of the woods. After he had run for about ten minutes, he came to an abrupt halt. His muscles ached due to the strain on them. He stood at what appeared to be the middle of nowhere, with his arms on his waist, closing his eyes as memories of his childhood flooded his mind.

Thief!

Just when he thought he couldn't take it anymore, he felt someone crash into his body, awaking him to the reality. He was too shocked to react to what was happening. All he knew was that, he had reflexively put his arms on her shoulder to prevent himself from falling down backwards.

"Arghhh...!" he heard her scream out at the top of her voice leaving him absolutely petrified with her behaviour.

Khushi didn't know how to react to her collision. All she did was scream on top of her voice. She was too scared to even look at the person's face fearing that it was a murderer lurking in the woods.

"Please don't kill me. I'm lost. I didn't do anything. You can take all my belongings from by bag, but please spare me." Khushi went on mumbling random stuff, not bothering to even look up at his face. Suddenly it struck her brain. Why was she begging him to spare her? She could attack him and run away. Yes, that would be the best idea. She needn't part away with her belongings.

And before thinking anything else, she lifted her hand to punch the man in front of her, straight on the face. But it never reached his face. Instead a sharp pain rose up through her body.

Arnav was too confused seeing the wild behaviour of the girl. He hadn't even managed to look at her face. But before he knew it, he saw her hand being lifted up to punch his jaw and he instinctively let go of her shoulders and blocked her hand. He twisted her wrists tightly and locked it behind her back. This was a special technique that his kickboxing master had taught him while defending himself.

"Owww..." she cried out with pain and for the first time, opened her eyes and looked directly into his eyes.

Arnav felt like a current shock jolt through his body seeing those familiar eyes. And suddenly he remembered where he had seen them. Instantaneously, he relaxed his tight grip on her wrists, still locking them behind her.

There was no mistake in identifying him for Khushi. She could still remember those eyes, that face, even though it had been dark and covered with blood. All she could do was stare into those eyes, which looked absolutely stunning and dreamy. "Arnav.." she whispered in a low voice, lest he vanish away from her sight. Never had she imagined that she would meet him again, that too in the woods, completely lost, all alone. Somehow, she felt a huge sense of relief wash over her, seeing him alive.

He was lost in the beauty of her eyes. He couldn't stop his gaze from wandering down to her inviting lips. He could feel her warm breath on his face. He was lost in a trance seeing her. Till today morning, he couldn't remember her face however hard he had tried. But her proximity was enough to awaken his long lost memory. Now he remembered where he had seen the girl in the red Anarkali suit. This had been the same girl who had saved him from his deathbed. She was the same girl, who had risked everything and come to his help. His saviour. He suddenly became aware of the reality when he heard her sweet voice calling out his name.

Instantly, he let go of her hands and stepped away from her. He had never felt like this before. The proximity of this girl was causing havoc to his senses. Something which no one had dared to, no one was able to.

She felt his hands leave her and saw him stepping away from her. So many unanswered questions flooded her mind seeing him in front of her eyes. How did he end up here? Who was he? Did he want to hurt her? Would she be in trouble for helping him? What had happened to him that night?

"You are alive!"  she exclaimed out in a soft voice. All he could do was question her back. "How do you know my name?" he asked in a gruff voice. He didn't remember him telling her his name.

"I heard your conversation on my phone that day." She said quietly. "How are you feeling now?" she asked taking a step closer towards him. "What happened to you that night?"

"Nothing!" he said deftly and turned around to leave. He didn't know why but he felt something different being so close to her. For a moment, he had felt vulnerable and completely open to the girl in front of him. But then, he set up his defences. He remembered the reason he was in Shimla and if he was going to reveal more info about him, that would definitely jeopardise his mission.

"Hey!" she called out behind him. "It's fine if you don't want to talk about it. But can you atleast help me to get out of this place? I'm kinda lost. I think you owe me atleast this much for helping you out."

He stopped right in his tracks. She was right. He owed her for saving his life. And he never forgot to help those who helped him.

"Hmm..." he said quietly, signalling her to follow him as he took the lead. Their journey was filled with silence. There was no attempt from him to start a conversation. Frustrated with the silence, Khushi finally spoke out. "Do you always twist the hands of the person in front you? You know it's really painful right?" she said massaging her wrists that were now reddened with his tight grip.

"Do you always punch the person's face in front of you?" he shot back at her.

Khushi looked down at the ground guiltily before speaking out, "Sorry for that! I thought you were some murderer in the woods. I was lost and hence I panicked."

Arnav stopped right in his tracks at the mention of the word 'murderer'. "What were you doing in the woods all alone? Don't you know it is dangerous?" he shot back at her once again, turning to look at her face before he resumed walking.

"As I said before I got lost while chasing a rabbit. So what were you doing in the woods? Infact what are you doing in this city? The last time I saw you, you were in Delhi." she asked him back.

He didn't reply anything.

"So you aren't going to reply to my any question?" she asked but was only responded with silence.

It took them around twenty minutes to reach the main road. Stepping out of the woods, she turned around to face him. "I know you won't even thank me for helping you, but I would definitely want to thank you for helping me." She said holding out her hand to him.

"It was nice meeting you and I hope you take care of yourself and not get involved in any accident. You do seem like a really nice guy. Or anyone else in your position would have taken advantage of a lonely girl in the woods. By the way, I'm Khushi." She said waiting for him to shake her hand. But he didn't move an inch.

Strange guy! She mentally noted to herself. "Ok, Bye then!" she waved at him and walked down the main road.

He stood silently watching her back till she disappeared round the corner at the end of the road. He guiltily gulped down at being referred to as the nice guy. She had no idea what a vicious monster he was.

o0o

"Arnav Bhai! Are you alright?" he heard Aman call out his name interrupting his thoughts for the third time. For some unknown reason, he couldn't keep her out of his mind. Khushi... Their whole conversation in the woods kept replaying in his mind. Those eyes, there was something in them that kept nagging him. He knew her gaze had pierced right into his soul, when he was most vulnerable.

After their encounter, he had slowly strolled back to his room and shut himself completely from everyone. Aman had gone to spy Lavanya and had only returned in the afternoon.

"Hmm..." he nodded silently.

"So after sneaking around, I have come to know that Lavanya and Karthik have only been in a relationship for the past four months. It seems she cannot hold on to any person for a long time. She has a long list of ex-boyfriends. So it seems our plan is going to work more easily than we had anticipated. She's staying in room no. 1207 on the other side of the resort along with her best friend." Aman continued to tell him about all that he had learnt about Lavanya.

"And one more thing. I have come to know that Karthik has gone along with his friend to the city for the afternoon. Somehow, she refused to accompany him for some 'obvious' reason, which irked Karthik a bit. Looks like we will be witnessing a break up soon." He said flashing an evil grin.

Arnav got up from the couch and went towards the wardrobe to retrieve his dark blue shirt. "I think I know where to find her. Let's go." He said and Aman followed him.

o0o

Arnav sat all alone at the table in the corner of a restaurant. He had told Aman to sit at the adjacent table. He glanced at his watch. It was 1:00pm. Looking at the entrance, he saw Lavanya arriving all alone, wearing a pink floral dress. She seemed to scan the entire room, as if searching for someone. And then he saw her eyes rest on him, a faint smile appearing on her lips. Not wanting to make it obvious, Arnav looked down into the menu card, pretending to have not noticed her arrival.

Soon he saw her standing beside his table. He looked up to see her smiling at him. "Looks like you are all alone for lunch." She asked him.

" Oh! It's you. Yeah, my friend ditched me at the last minute cancelling our plans. What about you?" he asked casually, enticing her with his seductive smirk. The effect of it on her was obvious on her face.

"Can't a person dine alone? So you do remember me huh!."

"I don't think a lovely lady like you deserves to dine alone. You can join me if you want to." He said getting up from his place and pulling the chair out for her.

"Thanks Rishab!" she said sitting down on the chair, while Arnav took his place.

"So you remember my name?" he asked cocking his eyebrow.

"It's hard not to remember it." She said tucking her hair behind her ear. "So why did your girlfriend ditch your plan?" she asked curiously, wanting to know more about him. Arnav knew exactly where this was heading to.

"Does a friend always have to be a girl? As far as I remember, I don't think I have a girlfriend." He said scratching his head. "Yeah, I'm quite sure I'm single." He replied with a smirk.

"Oh!" she exclaimed out in relief. So he is available! She mentally noted to herself.

"So where's your boyfriend? I remember seeing him dance along with you yesterday night." He enquired in a casual tone.

"We are just friends." She lied to him. "Anyways, he is hanging out with his other friends." She added to it.

The waiter arrived and they ordered the food. "So Rishab, What do you do professionally?"

"I am into my family's construction business. Our company's HQ is in Ludhiana, but I manage the Delhi Branch." Arnav and Aman had put all their efforts to make a fake identity and all details associated with it, if it came down to background checking. "So what are you studying?"

"I'm doing fashion designing studies." She replied back. This way they conversed for an hour, where Arnav got to know every single thing about her and her family. Finally at the end of their lunch, they got up and he walked her back to her room. At the door, she paused and turned around to face him.

"It was lovely talking to you. Thanks for the lunch, Rishab."

"I think it was date actually." Arnav said winking at her and turned away before she could reply. As he turned at the corner of the corridor, he could still see her standing at the door, blushing at his remark.

Mission accomplished.

CHAPTER 10

Edited by molten_lava - 11 years ago
Yaaay! You updated!

Instant recognition and connection between Arhi. Loved their reactions to each other! I love your Khushi!

Aman did not manage to find the name of the best friend na.. and neither did Lavanya feel like mentioning it :P

Ooo.. I feel sorry for Lavanya. I dont blame her one bit for falling hook line and sinker for the ever so charming "Rishab".

P.S. Hope you are feeling better now? :)
Edited by Psychedelic - 11 years ago
Loved the update! Good they remember each other now :) Can't wait for the next encounter!
Whats up with all the arnavs in the fiction world not talking?! Yesss they remembered each other! I cant wait till he finds out shes lavanya's best friend. this is just getting interesting chapter by chapter!
OOh! Wonderful! I love the fact that they remember each other...pls put more scenes between both of them...i just love the characters...!!😃
Wow loved it and hope khushi and arnav will hook up and this lavanya shes such a traitor lol not loyal to her boyfriend man wonder what will happen when khushi will find out
Originally posted by Psychedelic

Yaaay! You updated!

Instant recognition and connection between Arhi. Loved their reactions to each other! I love your Khushi!

Aman did not manage to find the name of the best friend na.. and neither did Lavanya feel like mentioning it :P

Ooo.. I feel sorry for Lavanya. I dont blame her one bit for falling hook line and sinker for the ever so charming "Rishab".

P.S. Hope you are feeling better now? :)

not really :( 
When the physical pain reduced, the mental torture started.
well both of them recognised each other.   and khushi is having her effect on him.  but didnt Aman get the details of la's friend khushi who is accompanying her etc...

will khushi find out about him 

ok i will wait for u to reveal... 

👍🏼