Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

molten_lava thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: ...Doctor...

Are you updating this today?

I am not able to sleep coz of this suspense. Please update soon.

still writing it. Not sure. I'll try to post it within half an hour.
molten_lava thumbnail
CHAPTER 10

In the evening, Khushi returned back to the resort after spending an entire day in the city. With the help of the city map and directions from the local people, she had roamed nearly half of the city, visiting the famous landmarks, the local markets, even making new friends among the locals on the way.

She entered the room to find Lavanya lying on the bed, busy flipping the channels on the tv.

"You're here? I thought you were supposed to go out with Karthik." Khushi asked dropping down on the bed, completely exhausted.

"Oh! You're back. I've been waiting for you for so long. How was your day? I have something really exciting to tell you." she asked sitting upright, seeing a shopping bag in her hand.

"It was absolutely fun. Along the way I also purchased some stuff.  Here, this is for you." Khushi said handing over a wooden beaded colourful bracelet.  "Even I have something to tell you." She said remembering about meeting Arnav in the woods. She pulled the water bottle from the table and started drinking it.

"It's so pretty." Lavanya said instantly putting it around her wrist. "Ok, I'm going to tell first. I met this guy in the afternoon. Actually, I met him yesterday at the dance club, but today, we met at the lunch. His name is Rishab. OMG, if you see him, even you will find him hot! He's smart, charming, handsome, witty, funny. Everything that one could possibly want."

"WHAT!" Khushi spat out the water from her mouth, her eyes widened with shock. "Lavanya! Do you remember Karthik? Or did I miss something today?"

"To tell you the truth Khushi, I'm quite bored with Karthik. I think I should break up with him." Lavanya said looking at Khushi's face for any signs of advice.

For a second, Khushi couldn't stop herself from jumping with happiness inside her mind. How much she had loathed that douchebag Karthik! So was she finally getting rid of him? But what if this Rishab was even worse than Karthik? "But Lavanya, you seemed quite happy with him yesterday?"

"Really? I don't know. Maybe I could hang out with both." She said . "But this Rishab is so interesting..." And then Lavanya went on and on praising him, until Khushi had to literally shut her ears to remain sane. After about an hour of non- stop description from Lavanya's side, in which Khushi had wandered off her to dreamland after the two initial minutes itself, she finally asked Khushi. "So what were you going to tell me?"

"Aah! Nevermind!" Khushi said closing her eyes, falling on the soft mattress. By now all her excitement had fizzed out. "It isn't as interesting as your Rishab."

o0o

After dinner, Lavanya had been called away by her college friends. Khushi had been invited too. But after the disastrous experience at the dance club, Khushi had decided to stay back in the room itself. She had inferred that this wasn't exactly her crowd and didn't want to feel awkward and left out.

She glanced at her leather strapped watch. It was 9:30 pm. Maybe she could stroll outside for sometime. She thought to herself. She had heard people talking about the musical fountain that lay on the other side of the resort. Maybe she could visit it!

She stepped out into the cold night and made her way towards the fountain. The cool breeze tousled her open hair as she closed her eyes for few seconds, to enjoy the feel of it on her face. There were tiny bulbs on either side of the pebbled path, illuminating it in the dark night. Everything around her was quiet, except for the occasional whispers of people who were strolling nearby.

The fountain was an absolutely magnificent creation of the resort. The alternating white and blue lights added on to the beauty of the jet streams of water, shooting from one point to another, in a perfect synchronization with the rhythm of the low music. It reminded her of Dolphins leaping out of the water and diving back into it majestically.

For two minutes, she stood silently away from it, observing each and every movement of water streams from one hole to the other. It went horizontally, diagonally, sometimes even skipping two rows. Seeing this amazing wonder, a huge smile spread over her face.

She looked around to her left and right and observed that no one was around her. Grabbing the opportunity, she mischievously stepped into the inner circle of the fountain and held out her hand, trying to catch the stream of water with them, before it entered the hole. The water splashed into her palms and onto her body, making her giggle out with excitement like a small kid.

This was so much of fun!

She ran to the other side to mimic the same action. She continued to jump around with excitement, completely oblivious to the pair of eyes that curiously watched her.

o0o

After dinner, Arnav had excused himself from Aman and decided to take a stroll under the stars. It had been his favourite pastime. The cool breeze soothed out his creases on the forehead, relieving him of all the stress. He had casually wandered about aimlessly, not paying attention to where he was going.

He didn't realize when he had arrived at the magical fountain, only to be greeted by a heavenly sight in front of him.

She looked like a fairy, hopping around from one corner to another trying to catch the jet stream with her hands. Like a butterfly floating around the flower garden. Just the mere excitement on her face, managed to bring a faint smile on his lips. She looked like a free bird, enjoying every bit of her freedom, without any worries of the world.

He didn't know how long he had stood over there watching her. He would have continued to stare her for eternity, had she not turned around and noticed his presence suddenly.

Khushi couldn't believe the vision in front of her eyes. Arnav had been standing still with his hands tucked inside the front pocket of his pants. She could see a faint smile on his face. Suddenly aware of her surroundings, she became self conscious about her wet self and her activities.

Hey Devi Maiyya! How long had he been observing her? What was he thinking about her? That she was some lunatic six year old wannabe? Wait! Why was she even bothered about what he thought about her?

Taking up all her courage, she stepped towards him. "You! Again?!" She asked surprised to meet him once again. "So you do stay in the resort huh? So are you from the same college?" she asked him, breaking him from his trance. The faint smile vanished instantly hearing her voice. He looked embarrassed at being caught red handed observing her. His eyes travelled lower involuntarily, scanning her wet figure. The baby pink kameez was wet and stuck to her body, revealing the skin underneath.

She noticed his eyes wandering low. Trying to divert his attention, she spoke out. "Are you stalking me? Coz you seem to follow me wherever I go. Not that I'm complaining or anything. Afterall, you did rescue me from the woods." She said shrugging her shoulders, sticking out her lower lip in a pout.

He suddenly turned around and started walking away from her without uttering a word.

"Hey! Arnav!" she called out from behind, running towards him. "I have figured it out that you are the silent type who doesn't share anything with others, but it doesn't mean you don't respond to anything. You could try to talk to me. I'm not that bad, you know. If you have some problem, you could share it with me. I could provide you with solutions." She said attempting to start a conversation with him, trying to figure out his silence.

"You have no bloody idea about the problems in my life. And so don't meddle with it." He hissed furiously through his gritted teeth, suddenly turning around and grabbing her shoulders. The rage instantaneously shot through his eyes, causing Khushi to tremble at his sight.

Hearing her wince out with pain, he suddenly let go of her and turned around and left the spot.

"But I was just trying to be friendly!" he heard Khushi call behind him. He clenched his fists frustratingly, wondering what just happened to him.  Why was she making him feel crazy like this?

o0o

The next morning, Arnav was on his way to the restaurant for the breakfast. He had been running late. He hadn't slept peacefully the entire night. All he could see was the angelic face flashing in front of his eyes.

The faint memory of that fateful night was suddenly crystal clear to him. He could still feel her soft hands on his face. The tender ways in which she attended to his wounds. She had been brave to help out an unknown stranger like him, without expecting anything in return. She hadn't known his name nor his profession, whether he was rich or poor. She had only come to his rescue like a guardian angel sent by his mother to help him.

He had never felt cared for like this, other than from his mother. And now, something about Khushi felt eerily similar to the feeling which his mother generated inside him. A warm, comfortable feeling.

Still thinking about all this in his mind, he didn't notice the person walking in the opposite direction and straight away went and collided into her.

Khushi had been busy planning her tour of the city. Half of the city still remained to be explored by her. She had been busy reading the large map of the Shimla city and walking along the corridor, when she felt someone bump into her.

"Oh!" she cried out as her head banged into his chest. Immediately, she looked up to see the owner's face. Shockingly, it was Arnav once again. And then, instantly, she remembered the events of yesterday.

"I'm sorry. I didn't see you. I was busy reading the map." Khushi apologised and turned aside to leave. She was hesitant to talk to him after yesterday night. Afterall, he had seemed unhappy with her attempt to converse with him. Maybe she should just leave him alone.

Arnav was surprised to see her face. He had been thinking about her and hence, he was quite astonished to find her in front of his eyes. She was wearing a gorgeous Sky blue kameez with white salwar and dupatta. Her hair had been tied up in a pony, while few strands of hair still managed to make their way on the sides of her cheeks.

And before he knew it, she was moving away from him. He could see a little bit of fright and disappointment on her face. Was she frightened of him?

"Khushi...!" he called out to her softly stretching out his hand. She halted on her tracks, hearing him call her and turned around to look at him.  "I wanted to talk to you about yesterday." He continued in a low voice.

"It's fine. I get the message. You don't want to talk to me. So why do you even bother?" she said shrugging her shoulders. "Anyways, I've got to go." She said and turned around, walking away from him, leaving him completely dumbfounded at her reaction.

He had for a minute, felt bad for behaving rudely with her yesterday. But now, she was irking him even more than before. She hadn't bothered to listen to what he had wanted to say. Getting over her, he proceeded towards the restaurant. Nevermind! As if I care! He reminded himself. Maybe the stress of the mission was making him imagine things that didn't exist. Afterall, she was nothing to him. Just a random person to help him out.

Nothing more. And he didn't give a damn about such people!

CHAPTER 11

Plz note: Ppl who want pm's add me to your buddy list. But remember, I only send pm's every 5 updates. So you are free to stalk this FF, till then.😈 Coz I realised it isn't worth it,sending pm's to about 370 ppl, when only less than hundred read it. Atleast, I can save my precious time and know who exactly are really interested in this ff.

Edited by molten_lava - 12 years ago
Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Awesome update! Loved it! Can't wait to read more! 

vikadesigirl thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Ohh me loving this FF... this story just keeps on getting interesting... Khushi is def bubbly character here.. seeing good in each and everyone... oh arnav man... he is fallin.. not even realizing it..

wat the...lavanya ready to dump karthik/ for rishab (Aka-arnav).. wait till Arnav finds out that khushi is la's friend.. now that is goin to be interesting.. I am totally stalking ur FF... Keep up the great work... u r building it very well... the story..

Vika
ElenaElenor thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 6
Aww at Arnav looking at Khushi 😍 Arnav is defo falling deeper! Loved it! Excited to see what happens next. Thanks for the pm! 😊
coronapsyche thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
yapppi, Arshi gnna meet sooon πŸ‘
Thnx 4 the pM πŸ˜ƒ
Crinklez. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Another great chapter. I'm in love with this story.
Arnav staring at Khushi splashing in the fountain, sweet. He's falling in love.
Ended thumbnail
i like the way this update went. like the two confron. khushi's actions was very understandable and well written. i'm proud. 
xxx
waterunder11 thumbnail
loved it as usual. the second i finish reading the chapter my wait starts for the next update! :)
coronapsyche thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
that was a damn good update πŸ‘
I just loved how khushi punched that guy! 🀣
like Arnav i,too, feeling pity 4 the guy 🀣
Thnx 4 the pm ❀️