Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Huma- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: -Ravjot-

@ Huma: I thought that too🤔 But what personal experience does she have to go by? Just her husband. That's one guy. And if we're gonna include Prashant in this then well he did love Aarti and stayed with her for a while before leaving cuz he found someone else🤔 I dunno if he actually fits Mansi's description for this so we'll say 1.5 men. Basically she's saying stuff based on 1.5 men which is stupid😕

Ravjot i knw  her thoughts r irritating but i guess she is talking this nonsense coz of her hubby n bro her bro left arti for other girl n u cant say her bro loved arti coz he did not it waz only attraction or we can say physical attraction that's y he left her in just a year ðŸ˜¡ But yea agree on this she cant judge yash without knowing him but lets w8  n watch he will soon prove her wrong..
fuzzyface thumbnail
Nice Topic.

Oh god Aarti's friend is maha annoying. Come on seriously her advice have all been quite bad. To top it off this Aarti is another case, come on she was previously married and has a child, intimacy is part and parcel of marriage.  Seriously is Aarti like 8 years old not to know about what lies after marriage and the expectations.

Furthermore just coz her brilliant friend has put this idea into Aarti's head, now she thinks Yash is come kind of perv. *headdesk* at this stupidity. Men are men and yes intimacy is very important, surely a grown married woman should be aware of such things.

Really of all the things CVs want to create a misunderstanding and slowly build the relationship  they chose this . Seems a little far fetched.

Just my two cents.

KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Great topic, and I agree so much with the main post.

I would love for intimacy to be handled more realistically than all the ridiculous OTT SR scenes that Hindi serials love doing these days.  Well what can I say, the audience eats it up, and I'm in the minority. The channels want TRPs and hype up the consummation episodes and scenes.  Most of the time the females act as if they are just succumbing to the males after resisting and shying away, rather than themselves having their own desires and also taking part of the initiative.  Yeah that may have been the case, and is still the case in many settings. But are you telling me women who are mature, grew up in modern cities--still follow that "shy bride" act?

It's ridiculous.   Oh well, what to do.  

As for the points that it often happens well before "love" in arranged marriages--it happens well before "love" in many non-arranged marriage relationships as well.  Yeah love, understanding and trust are important, but the serials often times depict sex as something that only happens once two people reach the fullest and deepest love and understanding and trust.  No, not really.  It's an ongoing process.  And the relationship keeps growing.  Which is why I am pleasantly surprised when a lead couple in a Hindi serial consummate pretty early on in the show--even if it is in the form of some OTT, hyped up sequence.

But whatever. I'm sure this serial too will have some OTT SR...hyped up.  And most will love it, and I'll be one of the few in the corner going 'whatever.'
Edited by likarsh - 12 years ago
desikimsam thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Sorry to but in but I must say that u raised many interesting pts.
Totally agree that mansi is a bit negative.
I think thank a phisical relationship is not too important however it is sometimes a necessity what I do believe is more important is the actual relationship...trust and care for one another.
SriB thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: 49erFan

Being a married a woman, a marriage is based on trust, faith for each other and  understanding! 

Our culture is such that some think marriage is just based on bringing a bahu to take care of her man and his family, well I beg to differ on that one! 

When two people join hands they take a vow in front of all to be there for each other in good and bad times too!  Ek doosre ka bharosa! 

Physical relationship? Hmmm it does play a big part, but it is not a foundation of marriage, yes its important but not as important as trust and being there for for each other!

Well said.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Nice topic, dear! I also don't feel physical intimacy is the most important part of marriage. Trust, love, and a deep connection with your partner is most important. Of course physical intimacy happens, and it's important too, but it's not the most important part because intimacy without understanding is a failure of a marriage. It's just lust, not love.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: shindom

For men phy. int. is very much important in their lives than for women.  

Umm, I don't agree with that. There are a lot of lustful women out there too, and I think physical intimacy is important for both genders. Men aren't always after women's bodies. That sounds like something Maansi would say.
Kittya_Cullen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Well, having never been married, I can't vouch as an expert. What I will say is that physical intimacy and emotional attachments should come hand in hand when marriage is concerned. I understand that in some marriages, there are those individuals that only search for physcial gratification. However, marriage is a relationship that should be based on understanding, compassion, and trust as so many others have mentioned today. All of these can only come along if both parties in the relationship are actually willing to try for something more than physicality. I must say though, that although a marriage needs emotional bonds to survive, based on my observations and modern research, physical intimacy is also a need. If it is lacking, both parties can become tense, less open, and less co-operative. The point is that both are required, and neither should be sacrificed. With the bond that comes from the emotional ties, an attraction of some sort will develop. Actually, it implies that loving all the faces of the person will make that physical intimacy better. There will be a common ground, an interest in the other person's wellbeing. Of course that develops when the time is taken to observe, accept and understand the person that the indvidual must live with.
The choice remains with both individuals; whether they will take that chance to make themselves emotionally open, and interconnected with this new companion, or just hope that physical intimacy will keep the marriage going. After all, what happens when outer appearances fade? Or when the lustful desire for the other party goes away? Will the marriage still survive? In the end, what will hold fast in the long run is that deep rooted attachment that comes from sharing every moment of your life with someone that you love. If you cannot have that feeling, physical intimacy, as important as it is, will save nothing.