what is subhadra and arjun’s story ?

mera_zahaan thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
what is subhadra and arjun's story from mahabharat?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hetal thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
subhadra was lord krishna's sister and from youger age she loved arjun as heard of him......and when arjun visited them he also falls for her and with permission of krishna, he ran away with subhdra and they got married...i think subhdra's wedding was fixed to duryodhan or somebody...and krishna's big bro balram gave promise to duryodhan about the wedding....so arjun had only one choice so he ran away with her.....i hope im telling the truth...
mera_zahaan thumbnail

thanx,

even i knew but wasn't that sure. i think it was not duryodhan it was someone else. so arjun and bhumi will run away and get  married, wow thats cool.

hetal thumbnail
maybe.....cuz bhumi is the servant's daughter........and nobody's going to approve the marriage so what they'll have to do.....i hope story move more fast...so i can see them getting married..😛
sabsebadifan* thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Another significance of Arjun and Subhadra was their son abhimanyu. 

There's a war tactic called "chakravyu".  Arjun learned this valuable tactic from his guru, named Drona Acharya.  When Subhadra was pregnant, Arjun told her the secret of entering the chakravyu.  When he was explaining the exit procedure, Subhadra fell asleep.  Hence Abhimanyu learned the entrance procedure whilst he was in Subhadra's womb and he never had the chance to learn the exit strategy.

Many years later, during the war of Mahabharat, Arjun was drawn away from the battlefiled, and then The Kaurav's (the bad guys) led by Drona Acharya, decided to invoke the Chakravyu to capture Yudhishtra.  Abhimanyu was able to foil their plans by entering the chakravyu, but b/c he did not know how to exit, he got stuck and was killed very brutally.

Just a little history lesson - hope you enjoyed it..

chidchidi thumbnail
thnx for the lesson ! lol..😃
hetal thumbnail
yah i heard of it too....actually im going to watch mahabharat...so i'll get to know the story.....this show is good for real....😛
mera_zahaan thumbnail
ok, better u watch mahabharath now😆