Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Leesan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: tanutes

@Leesan

Haven't you thought of Gunjhun having identical twins with one being good and the other evil or 
one being the replica of the mother and the other the father?

@tanutes...hmmm, now you have me thinking!!!   Actually , no ! There is already enough evil in Kannauj to go around!  However ,remember if R has a son,there is the possibility of harm coming to him through the dosha as predicted by A. Baba. So that adds some substance to the story line, as well as a daughter may inherit her mother's bhaag...adding more interest as well! Yup!! I have settled on fraternal twins: a boy and a girl!!!  But first things first...we need to work on getting the prospective parents back together...else our dreams won't materialize !!!!
tanutes thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Leesan

I believe that both parents will be reunited in the final week of December in a Maha episode but will be televised in the first week of January as our New Years gift. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and not giving up.Good things comes to those who wait. By the way, we are almost into the third week of December, so it's only in a matter of two to three weeks. How time flies!
soapwatcher1 thumbnail

@Vanfan

There are conflicting views with respect to that story. At the temple and at school I was taught that Sita became pregnant after she was reunited with Rama following her abduction by Ravana.

That is the "true" story :) Valmiki is the original author of the Ramayan and his story is the real one - the others are all renegade versions and in my opinion only disrespect/insult the real Ramayan and should be discarded. 

For those that are interested but do not have the time to read the original Valmiki Ramayan there is a great abridged version written by none other than the First Governor General of India, C. Rajagopalachari, called Valmiki Ramayana.  I own a copy and it makes easy reading.
Edited by soapwatcher1 - 12 years ago
Surish thumbnail
@ tanutes

I hope what you are predicting will definitely come to pass because presently Bhagonwali is on the verge of a natural disaster.

@ Soapwatcher1 and Vanfan 

I wasn't implying that you were wrong. I own a copy of that version as well but there are still conflicting issues in Delhi, India with respect to that story.There are over three hundred (300 )different versions of the epic story found in India and other Asian countries.A row had broken out in the Indian capital over whether Delhi university should teach a controversial essay about the Hindu epic, the Ramayana. The essay by the well-known scholar AK Ramanujan was dropped from the history syllabus  after protests from Hindu hard line groups. Critics of the essay argued that it refers to versions of the Ramayana which claim that Lord Ram and Sita were siblings and that the ten headed demon king Ravana was Sita's father.In the most popular version of Ramayana, written by the Hindu sage Valmiki, Ram and Sita were married and are held up as an ideal couple. Ravana, it says, desired Sita for himself, kidnapped her and held her hostage until Ram rescued her.Presently teachers and students of both universities are expressing their support in favour of retaining AK Ramanujan's essay, the three hundred Ramayanas

Edited by Surish - 12 years ago
tanutes thumbnail
@ Soapwatcher1 Vanfan and Surish

What! Over 300 versions Surish! Can't believe this. I believe in the original version as postulated by Valmiki but I guess that in this modern world we ought to respect the beliefs of others
Edited by tanutes - 12 years ago
Leesan thumbnail

@Leesan

I believe that both parents will be reunited in the final week of December in a Maha episode but will be televised in the first week of January as our New Years gift. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and not giving up.Good things comes to those who wait. By the way, we are almost into the third week of December, so it's only in a matter of two to three weeks. How time flies!

@tanutes... was hoping against hope for an earlier resolution!  A Christmas gift rather than a New Years gift !! But you are right, we have no choice but to wait...though patience is surely a virtue I wish I possessed !!!  We just have to continue to lean on each other for support during the next couple of weeks...just hope nobody falls down under the "weight"( or "wait") !!
tanutes thumbnail
@Leesan

We're almost there girl. The new year is almost approaching.You'll be surprised that in the blink of an eye we will be in 2012.

@Surish

Are you from India Surish?
Edited by tanutes - 12 years ago
soapwatcher1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Surish

@ tanutes

I hope what you are predicting will definitely come to pass because presently Bhagonwali is on the verge of a natural disaster.

@ Soapwatcher1 and Vanfan 

I wasn't implying that you were wrong. I own a copy of that version as well but there are still conflicting issues in Delhi, India with respect to that story.There are over three hundred (300 )different versions of the epic story found in India and other Asian countries.A row had broken out in the Indian capital over whether Delhi university should teach a controversial essay about the Hindu epic, the Ramayana. The essay by the well-known scholar AK Ramanujan was dropped from the history syllabus  after protests from Hindu hard line groups. Critics of the essay argued that it refers to versions of the Ramayana which claim that Lord Ram and Sita were siblings and that the ten headed demon king Ravana was Sita's father.In the most popular version of Ramayana, written by the Hindu sage Valmiki, Ram and Sita were married and are held up as an ideal couple. Ravana, it says, desired Sita for himself, kidnapped her and held her hostage until Ram rescued her.Presently teachers and students of both universities are expressing their support in favour of retaining AK Ramanujan's essay, the three hundred Ramayanas

Surish, didn't think that you were implyng that at all, yes have read about AK Ramanujam and his essay, very interesting.  But then none of Shakespeare's plays were originals, they were all borrowed and so too are these tales, I believe.  The influence of Rama was felt as far as Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia and am sure the tales varied in the re-telling.  The ruins at Tikal have sculptures that resemble the monkey king, Hanuman and the sculptures have bindis on their foreheads.  Don't know if the traders of old brought their religion to the Mayas.
It is like the stories about Jesus that he didn't exist at all; the other version that the Bible borrows from the tales of Krishna, similarities being they were both shepherd boys, the king killing babies at their birth; then again that Jesus was actually in India in the Himalayas and borrowed from the vedas; the story of Mary Magdalene being his wife, etc.  I am sure all these will shock the true Christians, yet these variants exist. 
Look at the Jewish influence even on a Hindi soap, they have succeeded in changing the name of Hitler Didi to General Didi.  Freedom of speech is fine and dandy but not when it encroaches upon the sensibilities of many.  So while we may read, enjoy, and debate about the various versions of a religious tale, teaching that at a school or university could be offensive to many.
Edited by soapwatcher1 - 12 years ago