Who is doing roles APPROPRIATE with their AGE?!

I have always wondered about this.  πŸ˜•  Most of the actors are not doing roles appropriate for their ages!  We have Aamir playing a college student in 3 Idiots, Salman romancing young girls in all his recent blockbusters, and SRK is not doing anything appropriate with his age in RA 1.  Is there any actor that is playing age appropriate roles?!  Actresses are the only one doing age appropriate roles!  Kareena and Priyanka are playing the roles that are required of someone in their late 20's or early 30's!

What do you think?  Will the actors finally play age appropriate roles and why are the actresses only doing it?!  Double standards to say the least!!!  πŸ˜†

Katalicious thumbnail
Definitely not SRK, Salman, Aamir, etc πŸ˜†
I don't have any conflicts with actors playing lovers, college students, because actor is defined as "an intended action; pretending". You can play out any role you desire as long as you can justify it. What grosses me is the double standards and chauvinistic attitude we have in Bollywood toward female actors. They are not provided the opportunity that the male actors are provided.  Edited by zainab25 - 12 years ago

Originally posted by: zainab25

I don't have any conflicts with actors playing lovers, college students, because actor is defined as "an intended action; pretending". You can play out any role you desire as long as you can justify it. What grosses me is the double standards and chauvinistic attitude we have in Bollywood toward female actors. They are not provided the opportunity that the male actors are provided. 

AgreeπŸ‘πŸ˜Š
I dont mind watching these actors playing roles not APPROPRIATE with their AGE. As a 45+ year olds they r still doing a great job as a hero and entertaining the aam janta even at this age. So i dont think they dont need to play roles APPROPRIATE their AGE as of now.. Their time will come when they will roles appropriate their age like Sr Bachchan is doing.. Edited by spamalot - 12 years ago
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
hrithik ranbir imran...>>>>
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I don't have any conflicts with actors playing lovers, college students, because actor is defined as "an intended action; pretending". You can play out any role you desire as long as you can justify it. What grosses me is the double standards and chauvinistic attitude we have in Bollywood toward female actors. They are not provided the opportunity that the male actors are provided. 

Very truee..

Edited by Pulwasha - 12 years ago
VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
I think Mr Perfectionist : Aamir Khan πŸ˜‰
one movie i didnt like was chini kum hai???something like that of amitabh, i didnt think it was appropriate and grossed me out...but he is an actor so???

That is very true...
It does not really matter what age an actor/actress is playing, so long as they are able to do justice to that particular role. An issue only arises if they are unable to convince the audience.