milton_friedman thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
in the TV show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa some years ago, anchor Sonu Nigam would request the judge for the episode to give a performance before the programme ended. I watched the show with great interest for it also promoted classical music. I had seen artistes from Begum Parveen Sultana to Pandit Hari Prasad Chaurasia and many others judging the upcoming artistes. In the last episode of the series, the channel got five top Hindustani classical musicians — Ustad Vilayat Khan, Girija Devi, Pandit Hari Prasad Chaurasia, Pandit Ram Narayan and Ustad Zakir Hussain — to be the judges. All the artistes were very senior and Nigam was in a dilemma — who should he request for the finale recital? He played clever and asked Ustad Vilayat Khan: "Khan sahib, please tell us how to end this programme." And Ustad Vilayat Khan answered: "I think we should all sing our national anthem." All of them in the studio stood up and sang Jana, gana, man… and I in my house in front of my TV with tears rolling down my cheeks.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SHUBHA99 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
At this date if the show returns in it's original format and trueness, continue giving tributes to all our GREATEST artists that will be  a
"JANAM SARTHAK" act for Gajendra Singhji. All those murky things done inbetween may get forgoten.
diamond444 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thank you very much for the tidbit 😊