TOI: People still love me as Anandi-Avika

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

People still love me as Anandi: Avika

Shruti Jambhekar, TNN | May 10, 2011, 12.00am IST

As Anandi, Avika Gor won the hearts of audiences across the country and even months after her track has ended, she will be best remembered as the beloved 'Balika Vadhu' whose innocence and charm lit up the screen every night and catapulted her to the big league of endorsements and television celebdom. 

A bubbly Avika is now back in a new, revamped avatar in another daily, Sasural Simar Ka. 

Her screen character, claims the perky teenager is a mirror image of her real self and is a "is a happy go lucky girl who is very fond of watching TV." Ask her if she misses Balika Vadhu considering the show was instrumental in making her a household name and she admits that even now she makes it a point to "watch the episodes" and is "simply loving the twist in the tale." Avika confesses that the prime time show will always hold a "special place" in her heart since it "helped" her to make new friends" and "meet people" who "loved my character and showered their love and blessings on me. In fact, people still love me as Anandi. I still visit the sets of Balika Vadhu to meet Surekha Sikri and the others I've worked with." 

Avika who's just done a cameo in Paathshaala, says , "In case of a TV show, we wrap up many scenes in a single day, in films shots are not canned until they are perfect. So, the pace of work is more relaxed." Avika's next is a film with Priyadarshan. 

All of 14, Avika plans to enter beauty pageants sometime in the near future. Even though she's working round the clock, Avika is very particular about studies. She says, "In the morning, I attend school, after that I go for shoots. My tutor comes to my sets to help me catch up. I'd like to study mass communication or some course related to film and television work." 
Being a Gujarati, Avika loves coming to Ahmedabad, "I love to meet my relatives here. And the food is so awesome, particularly the Gujarati thali that I love to relish every bite." On this perky note, she resumes her shoot. 
[email protected]