Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Prinsesse.Suvi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Life's a Rollercoaster: Part 13
Hey! I know it isnt exactly tomorrow..but here is the answer to some of your questions..
Previous Part

"Is she..? Did you give birth to Anu?"

"Why are you asking all this?"

"I don't know"

She took a deep breath, then let it out, "Look, I didn't give birth to her, but that doesn't mean anything. She is very much my real daughter; and I am her mother. There is nothing more to it"

"There must be. Who are her real parents?"

She gave me another cold look, "Me. And me."

I sighed. I kept on saying the wrong thing, "Okay, then who are her birth parents?"

"I don't know them, but they weren't capable of taking care of her"

"Tell me.." I urged. I wanted to know her story; Anu's story.

"You know my brother, Baji?"

"You have a brother?" I frowned. She nodded, and lowered her head.

"Yes..I have a brother. His name is Baji. He is a doctor and a social worker, and he has been living in India for 2 years, helping people in need." She smiled, "The first year, when he went to India, I went with him. After all, I needed to see where my brother would live for two years, without me. I ran a small womens' school, for the week that I was there. Ladies in their 30s and above came, I taught them how to count, and some other basic things; everything I could possibly teach in 14 days.

The last day, a girl came. She wasn't too old, just 17 or 18, but she was wearing a mangalsutra, and had sindoor in her maan, which meant that she was married. She was pregnant, it was obvious." A tear trailed down Naku's cheek, "She was so young, I imagined my friend's younger sister, about the same age as her, getting scolded by her mother for being out, partying till midnight. That girl, she had a bruise under her eye, and when I asked her how she got it, she said that she had fallen down. Dutta, did you know, the poor thing was shivering when she said that, her whole body was shaking like a mini earthquake was going on under her feet, and it was one of my hottest days in India." The single tear turned into a sob, "Before I left, I took a stroll in the village. There was a small cottage in the outskirts. I could hear her scream, I knew it was the same girl. A little girl- oh Dutta, she was so beautiful, I fell in love with that toddler- poked her head out from the window, she had a small scratch on her forehead, and it was bleeding. She was wearing a torn floral-printed dress, and she was holding tightly to a teddy bear with one eye. She was crying so badly, wailing for her mother. I ran, I took her out, and called the police. Baji helped me, he organised everything. We couldn't save her mother; I couldn't save her mother. But I had to save Anu, I had to. I owed her that much" Naku took the tissue that I passed to her and covered her face with it, sobbing silently. "Dutta, I am hopeless. I haven't fulfilled any one of my promises; not the one to papa and mama, not the one to Tina, not the one to my Bhai, nor the one to Anu's mother. And I am sitting here crying about it. Hopeless."

"Shhh" I hesistantly put my hand on her shoulder, "Everything will be fine"

"Everyone says that"

"But this time, I said it. And I am an awesome face-reader. It is written, in big bold letters, on your forehead, that I am Nakusha, a lioness, and an Angel. Lionesses don't give up."

"I ain't a lioness; I am just a good actress." She chuckled half-heartedly, "And angels are meant to be perfect"

"No one is perfect, not even angels."

"Whatever, dude. I am not going to psycho-talk with you. I should take Anu home, she's tired" She wiped her face, and got up, "Thank you for your time, Dutta"

"You're welcome. Bye, Naku"

"I will come tomorrow?"

"Yeah, okay" I don't know how our conversation turned into this, but with Naku, I guess anything was possible.

(Naku)

I told him everything about Anu's mother, and started crying in front of him. That's nice, isn't it? Making myself a fool in front of him. I tried to get control over myself,I eventually did. I guess he was right, if I truly wanted something, I could get it. Maybe if I tried really hard, I would be able to make up for the year that I missed with Anu.

-

Tina was sprawled on the sofa, watching TV.

I tucked Anu in, and came back downstairs. Plopping down next to her, I tapped her shoulder "Oye, Tweety, pass the popcorn"

She looked at me with a bemused smile on her face, "Sure. What's up?"

I scowled, "You don't get to ask questions, missy. It's my turn." I pointed my index finger at her nose, "You got that?"

She nodded meekly, "Sure, Ma'am"

"Come on Tina. You can't avoid this for any longer. You have to tell me everything."

"Hmm. So where do I start?"

"Where was Anu this whole year?"

"At a convent"

"Which one?"

"The one in Switzerland, near Uncle Monte's house. The one I went to"

Tina had lived in a convent for eight years of her life, when her father engrossed himself in work to overcome his distress about his wife's death. Before she had turned five, she had lived with her Uncle Monte, and his wife Ursula, but then Ursula became paraplegic, and to relieve his brother-in-law's family of the burden of taking care of Tina, Mr Mehra put Tina in a convent.

"Okay. How was that place?"

"Not bad. But it was extremely strict, about everything. From how to dress, to what to eat, to how to talk." Tina gagged, "But it was beautiful. Near nature. All kinds of birds, and the little garden, where I played, had heaps of flowers, which attracted the most gorgeous of butterflies"

"That's very nice, but was the place hygienic? Did you get decent food?"

"Naku, don't you trust me? Of course I would send Anu to a place where she stays safe, and is taken care of properly. I didn't send her to live in a slum!"

"I know, I know. I was just worried" I sighed. Tears were on the verge of coming out, I knew it. I tried to hold them in; if Tina saw, then she would think I was too weak to handle whatever she was going to tell me, and I didn't want that.

"So, she lived there, it was all good. That's fine, Naku? Or should I provide a more detailed description? Would you like to give me a word limit?" Her voice was wrapped with sarcasm.

"No, no! Um..so how come she remembers me? I mean, I am not dumb, she was little back when she was with me, so after a whole year apart, how can she just kiss me and say 'Mumma'?"

"Because, I am just that good at convincing people to do things, especially little kids"

I raised an eyebrow.

"What I mean is, that I made sure that Nonna made sure that Anu had a TV in her room. And the only things she could watch on that TV was videos of you and her" Tina grinned, "I am so smart, na?"

"Yeah, very smart. But is that it?"

"Hmm" Tina tapped her chin with her finger, "That is it. Unless you want to here more from me"

"Yes, I.."

Abhi more crying and revelations and Naku fainting to come😆
Next Part
Suvi😳
Edited by Suvi7884 - 13 years ago
kiran255 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
First one :D

Oh My GOd Suvi !
girl Kya ho tum 
What an amazing surprise u gave !
Nakku is not Anu birth mother but one she found in India But why DUtta is so inspecting this all !
I so wanna know all !
The story is getting too interesting !
OK Tina took her to convent 
But why still waiting for that answer !

Though i dont belive u will be so kind to us k u will open this secret sooooo soon 
but i guess u have got bigger cliff hangers n secrets safe fopr us !

BUt this update indeed very awesome !

Great job

P.s i talk abt ur taking math tutions cuz u mention u oonly write in boring classes:P
Edited by kiran255 - 13 years ago
divya17-7 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hi suvi,

again a cliffhanger...... kindly update fast..... no cliffhangers pls......

will look forward to ur update....

tc
divya
Sophia21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Reserved

Edited;;
I had a BIG BIG BIG BIG feeling Anu wasnt her kid... n yaaaaay ... she isnt.. not being rude but i only want her to have Dutta's kid THATS IT!😆
But Awww Anu's mother's story is sad But im glad Anu found Nakku, Tina and baaaaaji😳 She got a good home😃..

Ahhh CLIFFHANGER😡 *throws chappal* 😆 

More revelations.. more crying...more fainting.. haii ramMereko itni taakat nahin hain.. main mar jaoungi😭😆... cliffhanger zaroori hain??😡😆..
Great update,, Continue sooooooooooon😳
Edited by Sophia21 - 13 years ago
mIsHeZ.x thumbnail
res.x

edited;

oh soo anu isnt nakus lil girl...ukno wa jus lyk D i duna whether dis is a gud thing or bad...😕

naku is soo sweet..i dnt understnd y shes so harsh 2 her slf...

anus mums story was realy painful bles da lil gurl shes soo adorabl😳

awhh naku cudn help cryng infront of D

tasha as always rock girl n D's right about naku  bein a lioness...she shud olwaiz rememba that

thnx 3 pm n sory 4 l8 reply

update soon

x
Edited by mIsHeZ.x - 13 years ago
ushankitvc thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
So Nakku is not Anu's biological mother......... Suvi , u made us sit us on burning tandoor so long......... looks like there are more secrets down there......... Dutta has started having feelings fr hr which he himself is not realising.........and so he is enquiring so deep......... Baaji, Tina and nakku found Anu........ she atleast got a good future if not a past........... Wow!!!!!!! Intelligent Tina............ so thats how Anu recognised Nakku..........
Cliffhanger!!!!!!!! precap is soooooooo...................... continue sooooooooooooooon......
Prinsesse.Suvi thumbnail
Originally posted by: kiran255

First one :D

Oh My GOd Suvi !
girl Kya ho tum You just said it: I am a girl!😆
What an amazing surprise u gave !
Nakku is not Anu birth mother but one she found in India But why DUtta is so inspecting this all !he's a detective😉 but only for Naku
I so wanna know all !
The story is getting too interesting !
OK Tina took her to convent 
But why still waiting for that answer !to keep her away

Though i dont belive u will be so kind to us k u will open this secret sooooo soon Next part:)
but i guess u have got bigger cliff hangers n secrets safe fopr us !heaps bigger:P

BUt this update indeed very awesome !

Great job thanks

P.s i talk abt ur taking math tutions cuz u mention u oonly write in boring classes:P ohh no..I wrote this at home😆 Maths mein teacher can see...new classroom😭 old one was better..had corners to hide in😆

Prinsesse.Suvi thumbnail
Originally posted by: dc17-7

hi suvi,

again a cliffhanger...... kindly update fast..... no cliffhangers pls......

will look forward to ur update....

tc
divya

Hello divya
Arre this wasn't much of a cliffhanger....I will try an dupdate in the weekend..😳..and I won't give a cliffhanger..or I will try not to😆
tc
Prinsesse.Suvi thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sophia21

Reserved

Edited;;
I had a BIG BIG BIG BIG feeling Anu wasnt her kid... n yaaaaay ... she isnt.. not being rude but i only want her to have Dutta's kid THATS IT!😆I understand..
But Awww Anu's mother's story is sad But im glad Anu found Nakku, Tina and baaaaaji😳 She got a good home😃.. She did..

Ahhh CLIFFHANGER😡 *throws chappal* 😆 Hayye I dont consider this as much of a cliffhanger..

More revelations.. more crying...more fainting.. haii ramMereko itni taakat nahin hain.. main mar jaoungi😭😆... cliffhanger zaroori hain??😡😆.. aww dont say that...and of ourse she has to cry😆
Great update,, Continue sooooooooooon😳 Thank you.I wiiiilll

Prinsesse.Suvi thumbnail
Originally posted by: ushankitvc

So Nakku is not Anu's biological mother.....no, she isn't.... Suvi , u made us sit us on burning tandoor so long......... looks like there are more secrets down there...sorry..yeah plenty😆...... Dutta has started having feelings fr hr which he himself is not realising.........and so he is enquiring so deep....yesss..... Baaji, Tina and nakku found Anu.....not Tina..... she atleast got a good future if not a past........... Wow!!!!!!! Intelligent Tina............ so thats how Anu recognised Nakku.......... hmm yes

Cliffhanger!!!!!!!! precap is soooooooo...................... continue sooooooooooooooon......will try