Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shining_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
that was awesome
loved the story of choti princess..........n maan boasting himself was too funny😆😆
n poor vicky........his bhabhi is too dangerous🤣
so maaneet going to have 4 kids...........maan is no where near stopping🤣🤣
loved it
sweet cherry thumbnail
Loved da update
Do continue
divareena thumbnail

aww love the way maan told the story to his daughter👏👏👏👏.

Lool so many kids and no wonder Geet said that she is not doing this again. Vicky teasing geet at this time is not helping.

love the way geet had a go at not being there for the other kids delivery. loool i can't believe she threw a jug at vicky.😆

i wonder if it is a baby boy or girl😊
BluntlySpeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
lovvvvvvvvvveddddd ur FF, laxmi. just completed reading all the threads...pls include me in your PM list...thanks
princess163 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Hey Lakshmi!

Just read your ff from the beg and loved it!
Its sad that its gonna end soon😭😭😭😭
pls pm me for whatever parts are left and also for any new ffs that you plan.
love,
Swati
laxmi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5
Nothing Can Keep Us Apart

Part 98 - Punjab Vacation

"Geet, are you dressed warm enough?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure? Are you wearing a sweater? It's a bit colder than I thought it would be. I don't want you to catch cold."

"Maan, if you're that worried, we can stay and watch the sunset in our room. That is one of the reasons you designed it the way you did."

"No, it won't be the same if we watch it here."

"Well, then stop being so hyper, and let's go wherever it is you've decided to take me."

Maan still wasn't sure that Geet would be warm enough riding in the jeep, but he could tell from her expression that she was in no mood to hear anything more about it. Not wanting to take his chances that she would change her mind, and all his preparation would be in vain, Maan took Geet's hand in his and led her out of the house.

He helped her sit in the jeep, then got in himself and started off. Geet, being Geet, couldn't help pestering Maan for more details about where exactly he was taking her. Maan would only say it was a surprise. Geet then said that she would be able to guess, since she had grown up in the area, and knew every place better than Maan. Maan only smiled, letting her make her guesses as they drove around the winding roads of Hoshiarpur.

"Maan, are you actually taking me anywhere?"

"Of course."

"Well, then, are you purposely driving down random roads to confuse me?"

"I thought you knew this area better than me? After all, you did grow up here."

"Very funny. I think that you're just planning to drive around the middle of nowhere."

"I wouldn't exactly call it nowhere. We've almost arrived."

Geet looked around trying to figure out where they were. As they came out from the trees Geet saw a lake and not too far from the shore she could see a tent. She turned towards Maan, confusion clearly written on her face.

"Don't tell me that you don't remember the first day we met? It was this very place that you ran into my tent trying to drive my jeep."

"Oh, yeah? Well if you hadn't been such a dusht danaav and helped me right away, I wouldn't have had to, so don't make fun of me."

"If I don't make fun of you, what do you want me to do with you?"

Maan snaked one of his arms around Geet, pulling her as close as the gear shift allowed, and gave her a look that was designed to make her melt. Geet removed his arm and quickly moved away, telling him to pay attention before he drove them into a ditch, instead of doing his usual shameless acts. Maan stated confidently that he would never drive into a ditch.

When they arrived at the tent, Maan helped Geet down from the jeep, and led her over to some crates that were set up as a sitting place. The sun was just beginning to touch the horizon, so Maan and Geet settled themselves to watch it set beyond the lake. The sight was magnificent, with the beautiful colors created by the sun, reflecting of the gently rolling water.

Even though they had come to Hoshiarpur alone, being parents, Maan and Geet's conversation naturally drifted to talk about their children. They talked about how Priya was doing in school, about how long Amit's current fascination with Virender Sehwag might last, and the fact that their youngest had definitely entered the terrible twos stage. Geet lamented the fact that he seemed to be more difficult at this age than their other two children. Maan blamed it all on Geet.

"What do you mean it's all my fault?"

"Of all our children, Dhiren is most like you, with his constant bak bak. Doesn't know when to stop talking, just like his mother."

Geet gasped in anger and exclaimed, "You never seem to have a problem with my talk!"

"No, not when you talk sense. However, it is a little difficult to listen to your son constantly find different ways to say 'no'."

"He's your son too."

"Yes, Dadima constantly reminds me of that fact, every time he gets in trouble."

"I hope Dadima is doing all right with the children, and they aren't tiring her out too much."

"Geet, Dadima volunteered to take care of them. Anyways, Mami will be there to help, as well as Nandini Aunty and Pinky. And of course, Vicky is there. You know how much they adore him. 'Chachu this, Chachu that.'"

"You're not jealous of your own brother, are you?" Seeing the disgruntled look on Maan's face, Geet leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Don't feel bad, Maan. You know Papa is still their favorite playmate."

Geet and Maan continued to discuss the fun antics of their children as the sun slipped behind the distant mountains. After the last bit of the sun was gone from view, Geet stood up and told Maan that it was very nice watching the sunset out here. As she turned to go, Maan grabbed her hand and pulled her back towards himself.

"Hold on, Mrs. Khurana, the evening isn't over yet." Maan walked over to a fire pit and took out a packet of matches.

As Geet watched Maan take out a match and light it, she put her hands on her hips and asked, "What do you mean, the evening isn't over? What are you planning?"

"Don't be so impatient. All will be revealed."

Maan lit some kindling, and then worked on building the fire up. Once the fire was blazing nicely, Maan made Geet sit near it, as the temperature was going down now that they sun had set. Once he had Geet settled, he went back to the jeep, took out a blanket and an insulated cooler, and put them on the table. When he opend the cooler, Geet could see him take out a plate, utensils, and several containers.

"Geet, will you come and prepare us a plate?"

"You want us to eat outside? Out here, alone? At night?"

"Sure. A nice, fireside picnic. Bahut romantic, haina?" At Geet's skeptical look, Maan asked, "You're not scared to be alone with me are you?"

Maan started moving slowly towards Geet, giving her a heated look that warmed her right down to her toes. When he got close enough to take Geet in his arms, she suddenly pushed him away, and exclaimed, "Stop your naughtiness and let's eat if we're going to eat. It's starting to get colder."

Geet walked up to the table and started opening the containers. She saw that there was Palak Paneer, Naan, a thermos with tea and Gajar ka Halwa. Geet was very surprised. She knew that Maan didn't know how to cook this kind of food.

"Where did all this come from?" she asked as she started to fill the plate.

"Where do you think?" replied Maan, giving Geet a cheeky smile.

"Rajji!" exclaimed Geet, hitting her head with her fingers. "So that's what you two were whispering about earlier. I'll have to remember to thank her."

"What about me? I'm the one who made all the plans. Don't I get any thanks?" Maan had that look in his eye again.

As he stalked toward her, Geet looked around, trying to come up with some way to distract him. Bringing the plate up in between them, she said brightly, "The food is ready. Are you going to lay out the blanket?"

Maan raised his eyebrow to indicate he wasn't fooled by her behavior, but he stopped moving towards her, and picked up the blanket. Moving two of the crates near to the fire, he set them next to each other and the blanket on top. Once again, he had done something that Geet couldn't quite understand.

"Hey, isn't the blanket supposed to be put on the ground for a picnic?"

"Yes, but this is a winter picnic. Things are a little different. Come on, come sit down."

Maan motioned for Geet to join him as he sat down. Geet wasn't sure she trusted the innocent look on his face, but she picked up the plate and the thermos, and moved to sit next him. As soon as Geet sat down, Maan grabbed the ends of the blanket, and pulled it up around them both. Putting one arm around her waist, he pulled her close to his side and planted a quick kiss on her shocked, open lips.

"Oh, so this is what you planned with your besharam mind. Are you trying to seduce me, Mr. Khurana?"

"I don't know, is it working, Mrs. Khurana?"

"I'll let you know."

"Geet, umph..." Maan tried to speak, but Geet stopped him by putting a bite of food in his mouth and telling him to eat. Maan had no choice but to chew, while Geet talked.

"You know, I still have a hard time believing that Rajji is grown up and married now. It sometimes seems like it was just yesterday that I was teasing her on our way home from school. And now she's the wife of Gurvinder, and married him against Daarji's wishes."

"I don't know why you should find it so hard to believe. After all, she was married from our house."

"I know. It's just hard to believe that my baby sister, my little Rajji, is going to be a mother herself soon. And Tito? Tito is now studying to be a lawyer. He told me that when he finishes his course and passes the Bar, he wants to come and work for Khurana Foundation, specifically with our Women's Rights Office. He said that when Daarji opposed his decision, he thought of me and what I went through, and that gave him the courage to make his own choices."

"You set a good example for your siblings," said Maan, as he took advantage of Geet's momentary silence to begin feeding her. "I'm not surprised you had such a positive impact on them, since that seems to be the effect you have on everyone you meet. Rajji told me that it was by thinking of you that she resisted being pressured to marry, and completed her education before excepting Gurvinder's proposal. She knew that the family wouldn't risk another incident like yours, so she used that to her advantage."

"I'm glad she was able to do what she wanted."

Maan and Geet continued to discuss Rajji and Tito, and how their lives were going. It was a real testament to how both of them had heeled over the past eight years, that they could freely speak of things that once would have brought pain to both of them. However, there was one thing that had yet to be discussed, and Maan thought that now was the right time.

"You know, Geet, while we were at Rajji and Gurvinder's house, someone came to see me."

"Oh? You didn't tell me. Who was it?"

"Ma."

Geet abruptly stood up and walked a bit away. Maan could tell from her stiff posture, that she didn't want to hear what he was going to say, but he was going to say it anyway. Shrugging off the blanket, Maan walked up next to her and put his hand on her shoulder.

"Geet, she wants to speak with you, she and your father both. They want to ask for forgiveness."

"Well, I don't want to speak to them! Oh, I know why they're doing this now. They've finally decided they can talk to me, now that Daarji is dead. If they really wanted forgiveness, then they should have contacted me a long time back, braved Daarji's wrath and come to Delhi even. But no. They wait like cowards until he is dead, and I've come back to Hoshiarpur for a visit. Forgiveness is for people who realize their mistake and try to change, not for people who are too afraid to even try and contact their only child. If Rajji and Tito could stand up to Daarji, why couldn't they? No. No, I don't want to speak to them."

"Geet, what you've said is true, but at least try to understand them. They are your parents."

"Maan, I don't want to talk about this any more!"

"Okay, fine. We won't talk about it." Seeing Geet shiver and rub her hands together, he said, "Come back over by the fire, and we'll star gaze for a little while."

Maan took Geet's hand and led her back over to their seats. Making her sit, and sitting beside her, he wrapped them both tightly in the blanket, with his arms securely around her. Geet put her own arms around his waist and snuggled closer, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Now I know why you wanted to come out here in the cold. It's a plot to create a situation where I have to get close to you to stay warm." Geet's words were accusatory, but her tone clearly communicated a different message.

"Can you blame me if I want to make the most of my alone time with my wife? You've been so busy these last seven years with school and the children, I've become a very neglected husband."

"Hey! Mr. Khurana. School and children were your ideas, not mine, so don't go blaming me."

"Geet! Are you saying that you didn't want our children?"

"Don't be silly, of course I did. But you were the one to bring up the idea of more children first, so don't blame me for the consequences."

Neither of them were serious, as they both loved their children more than their lives. They just couldn't resist teasing each other, especially when they were in a place where they were entirely alone. As more stars began to appear, they forgot their teasing, and instead concentrated on observing the heavens, until something unusual happened.

Geet could see something floating in the air. Something that she had never expected to see. Darting her hand out from under the blanket, she reached out to try and catch the mysterious substance. It lasted for only a few seconds in her hand, but she could clearly see what it was.

"Snow? Snow in Punjab? How is that possible?"

Maan looked around and said, "Look, it's melting when it reaches the ground. That probably means that it's not cold enough here for snow, but is cold enough higher in the atmosphere."

"But, it never snows in Punjab. I've never seen it snow."

"Well, now you have. Blame it on global warming."

Geet started dancing around, holding her hands out, and also her tongue trying to catch the snowflakes. Maan started to put their things away, moving as fast as possible. Picking up the shovel he went to deal with the fire. This is when he noticed that Geet was still hopping around, enjoying the snow.

"Geet, stop playing and help me take everything down."

"But I want to enjoy the snow. I just can't believe it's snowing."

"I know but we need to leave as soon as possible. If we stay out too long, we'll be drenched and the temperature is still going down. Come on, now, I don't want you to catch cold. Come and help."

"Fine," grumbled Geet, as she gave up her fun and began helping her husband.

Maan was entirely correct in saying they needed to get going. By the time they reached home, Geet especially was thoroughly soaked. Maan quickly ushered her inside and told her to get changed while he started a fire.

"Are you going to sit there all night, looking at me?"

"What's wrong with looking at my wife?"

"Nothing, but I thought you were going to start a fire, not stare at me? Or is it that I'm so irresistible, that you are powerless against my charms?" Geet laughed at Maan, and started removing her clothes.

Maan turned his head away and grimaced. He didn't like her making fun of his interest, but she had a point. If he was going to start a fire, he better get to it.

Maan arranged the wood, and then took out his packet of matches again. Lighting one, he carefully placed it in the fireplace and watched as it did its work. Soon there was a roaring fire, and Maan sat back satisfied.

Who said that he had no control? Who said that he couldn't keep his eyes off his wife?

Turning back to look at where Geet was standing, Maan thought that who ever said that was right. He just couldn't stay away from her, nor did he want to. Moving as silently as a panther, he walked up behind Geet and wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her back against his chest. The sound of her sharp intake of breath told him that she was as affected by his presence as he was hers.

Moving around in front, Maan slowly lifted her chin and asked, "Are you wearing my shirt?"

"Yes," came the breathy whisper.

"Why?"

"I like to wear your shirts."

"You've never worn one before."

"How do you know?"

Neither really gave much thought to the other's words, too intent on the feelings that were threatening to explode. Inching closer and closer, Maan's hand moved to Geet' cheek, and hers started to make it's way to his shoulder. As soon as their lips touched, their minds were no longer in control as their bodies took over. Without breaking contact, Maan slowly maneuvered Geet back towards the bed. When she felt the back of her leg touch the bedside, Geet suddenly realized how carried away they had become.

Quickly opening her eyes and pulling back slightly, she complained, "Maan, at least let me dry my hair first." She then ran off towards the fireplace, before Maan knew quite what she was doing.

Geet ran her fingers through her hair and shook it, attempting to make it dry faster in front of the fire heat. Maan watched her from a few feet away, his arms crossed while contemplating something. For the last eight years of marriage, their lives had been all but perfect. He and Geet had grown only closer with time, accomplished much with their business and her schooling, had three beautiful children, and very little difficulties to contend with. Yet, one thing remained, that dimmed the bright sun in their lives. One thing that was his responsibility to put right. It would not be easy, and may take a lot of time, but it was necessary. However, at the moment, he definitely needed to proceed with caution.

"Geet, can I ask you something?" questioned Maan as he came up behind her.

"Hmmm."

"Are you sure you don't want to see your parents?"

Geet hands abruptly dropped to her side, and she couldn't keep the pain from showing on her face. Maan sat down next to her and whispered in her ear, "I know it's upsetting to think about, but it's not an easy thing to set aside your family. I know they were week and didn't protect you like they should have, but they are still your parents."

Geet didn't say anything, but turned her head away, and moved to get up. Maan grabbed her shoulder with his hand and pulled her gently back to him.

Looking in her troubled eyes, Maan asked huskily, "Are you angry with me for speaking to your parents?"

"Angry with you?" Geet reached out slowly with her hand and cupped Maan's face gently. "How could I be angry with you? I know how much you love me. I know that anything you do, is only because you want me to be happy. Of course I'm not angry with you?"

Though she did not remove her hand from his face, Maan brought his own hand up to hers as if to stop her from moving it. Turning his face into her hand, he kissed her palm, sending shivers up and down her body. How could one simple kiss have the power rob her of breath and super accelerate her heart?

Maan was equally as affected as Geet. Forgetting his original purpose of coming to sit by her, Maan moved his hand to cup her head near her right ear. Leaning her back ever so slowly, Maan brought his lips closer to her check and began placing feather light kisses on her delicate skin. His right arm moved around behind to cradle her even as he continued to kiss and nibble her ear and neck.

Geet felt the strong arms of her husband encircling her as they lay in front of the fireplace. As cold as she had felt when they first got back to the house, she now felt warm inside and out, only partially due to the fire. Just a look, just a touch from her husband, was enough to melt her completely.

Maan knew his Geet very well. He could tell from the rapid beating of her heart, the shallowness of her breathing, and the tale-tell look in her eyes, that she felt as much desire for him as he did for her. Controlling his impatience, as he preferred to make love to his wife on a comfortable bed, instead of a rug on a hard floor, Maan picked Geet up and walked slowly over towards their bed.

"Geet, I couldn't say how it is possible, but I think I love you more than I did even this morning. Is that a strange thing to say?"

"No, I understand what you mean. Every passing moment, the love I feel for you seems to expand exponentially, so much that my heart can't contain it."

Geet's eyes closed reflexively as Maan moved nearer. With her hair still slightly damp, Maan could smell the fragrance of her shampoo, something flowery and intoxicating. It was all he could do to stop himself from taking her mouth ruthlessly, but he wanted to do things slowly. He wanted to make the most of their time alone together.

He knew Geet was waiting for his kiss, but he wanted to play with her a bit first. He leaned down so close, that he knew she could feel his breath, just like he could feel hers. He waited, letting the anticipation build, before rubbing her nose with his, ever so slightly. The light contact caused Geet to gasp, and gave Maan the perfect opening to capture her open mouth with his, the beginning of a long, and very satisfying kiss.

Without breaking the kiss, Maan positioned himself above Geet, while at the same time drawing the blanket over them, to keep out the cold. Within minutes, Geet and Maan were generating enough heat between themselves to keep them warm all night long.

Geet wasn't bothered by the sunlight that was streaming through the window. Nor was she bothered by the state of the room, which had clothing thrown on the floor and a stray pillow or two as well. After all, there were no little cherubs who dashed into Mama and Papa's bedroom unannounced, nor were there grandmothers, or brother-in-laws, or servants to disturb them with nocks on the door. No, what was bothering Geet was that her husband seemed to be trying to leave their bed, something that she really didn't want him to do.

"Where are you going?" asked Geet, as she tightened her hold on Maan.

"To make breakfast."

"No, it's too cold to get up. Stay here and keep me warm." Geet didn't open her eyes as she spoke. Instead, she pressed her face into the crook of Maan's neck, and curled her body more towards his.

"And how shall I keep you warm, Mrs. Khurana? By holding you in my arms?"

"Hmmm, that would be nice."

Maan eased one arm underneath Geet and pulled her tightly against him. Moving so that his lips were next to her ear, he asked, "What about kissing? Will that help keep you warm?"

Without waiting for a response, Maan placed a kiss on her ear, and then proceeded to rain kisses down her neck and onto her shoulder and upper back. Geet sighed her pleasure, but still kept her eyes closed, just allowing her husband to have his way with her. During their entire stay in Hoshiarpur, Maan did his best to keep Geet warm during the cold winter nights. It was no surprise then, that nine months later they were both on their way to the hospital, ready for the birth of their fourth child.

Precap:
Stay tuned for Part 2 of the Last Exclusive Interview. Many comments made after the last update have made me think that I should address one or two more things.

And Thanks Goes To:

RTM - Sept. 24 Episode

Who Got There First:

Delhi(Punjab) main barf - Dec. 27 Episode. Ever since I decided to include RTM, I wanted to figure out a way to explain the snow, since of course, RTM took place in Manali, and this update was in Hoshiarpur. With climate change and all that, I figure global warming is as good an explanation as any for snow in Punjab.

PM Disclaimer: I have not stopped sending pms to anyone. If you are no longer getting pms, you might have reached the maximum allowed. Try cleaning out your inbox.

pm list updated to include misbah92, indepgal, princess163

Edited by laxmi2010 - 13 years ago
KavyaNaik123 thumbnail
hey,,,if u r done wid this ff,,start wid a new one naaaaaaaaaaa,,,,,,,,,ur writing is awesome
Downhill thumbnail
what a beautiful ff..
so many lovely updates to cherish.....
loved them to the core........
welll plzz continue with another theme...
terrific writing
love u and ur ff

reva
AnonMSK thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Dont tell me they r going to hav d 4th child. Ye to kuch jyada hi ho gaya;-)
mrk-1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
loved it yaar///awsome one ...it seems they are planning to have a big village as their family