DOTW- Stars Vs Actors

ammoos thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

WE lcome all to this week's discussion topic.. which is

STARS Vs ACTORS😃

We know that anyone acts in movies are stars but not many has the stardom to follow themselves. SOme are just one film wonders and then vanish.

In yesteryears there used to be movies of certain ACTORS when films were labelled as the work of such and such ACTOR.

But these days its a STAR's movie than an actors and the acting ability has to compromise with the star value ...

The real topic is ..

Is it a healthy trend to overshadow the actor in a person by his own stardom..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

premeer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Nice topic

True in yesteryears, the story was given importance n actors were chosen on d basis of d role n now its the other way round..

Actors are chosen n depending upon their image the scripts are being made.. The reason being satisfaction of their so called fan bases..

Don no about other cinema field.. as far as tollywood is concerned.. there's so much groupism.. like evry established hero has their own fan bases n even if the actors are cordial n friendly to each other... these fan bases can never be...Its constant fi8 like who's on the top..

Doing d same old themes loses the charm after some time.. even the actor gets bored of themselves.. I heard a lot of interviews where the actors expressed to do a particular muvi but don't becoz of their fans...Ultimately they can't let down their fans.. its they who brought n maintain the fame they achieved..

Recently, a few actors are trying to do versatile roles but then not all of them are being appreciated...  we got so used to watch them do something that if they change the track it doesn't fit in... N also when they try somethng different they are being compared with the ones who already hav been successful in them.. well that'll definitely make it more complicated..

That was pretty long.. the gist is basically.. actors have made a shell round them.. n even if they try to break it.. its hard for us to digest now.. but still a very good story with nice screen-play can break all the barriers if the actor puts his level best..

Edited by premeer4rever - 13 years ago
fuzzyface thumbnail
I think it's the commercial value Vs the quality value of the overall performance that sets apart an actor  and a star. But Star qualities have it perks that  an actor may not . But I do respect any actor who can bring the character alive on the screen even if he is just a star.

I remember once Padmini, the old actress commented how bad the actors and actress these days were as they only come in with their pretty faces and don't do anything but look pretty. She said in those times, they had to learn the language, speak it fluently, learn the  steps and dance gracefully and give it their all but now it was just a show and nothing more.

For example take Shreya Saran (this is my personal point of view and no offence to her fans), she is pretty and a good dancer but her acting is just horrible and painful to watch. I wonder what she thinks when she sees herself of screen, I mean I know what the men are looking but seriously come on!!!  
So to conclude Shreya has star quality but bad acting quality, so you can judge for yourselves about Star Vs Actor😊
Edited by fuzzyface - 13 years ago
ammoos thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@Premeer.. exactly my points.. When the movies are made for a STAR its always repetitive.. see for the movies of Rajni, Vijay n co and here in Malluwood.. Mammootty acts the same old roles like what he did in Rajamanickam ... a don type with a comic touch.. and Mohanlal is hell bound to keep his superhuman image by twirling his moustache every now and then..

Gone are the days where a goos story is amde and those actors were SELECTED for the particular roles.ow what happens is the star is selected and scripted according to his interest and  star value.. no wonder no one go to the theatres to watch monies and are confy watching them in pirated DVDs😆 Dont blame the public when you are al interested in money and public interested to save their😛