Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prism thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
It was on crime patrol also it is a true story
NikkieGR8 thumbnail
I was in Chandigarh in 1995-1997 and the case was at its peak in those times. Though I was too young to understand all this, but Ruchika, her father SC Girhotra, her friend Aradhna who was the sole eye-witness to the molestation, her father Anand Prakash, and lawyer Pankaj Bhardwaj were the most discussed names in our household and others too in our neighbourhood.

My parents even talked about the illegal detention, beating up, and handcuffed parade of Ruchika's younger brother in their neighbourhood which was considered the immediate reason for her suicide. The difference I see here in the show with the real case is that, Rachna gets the help of Diwakar Pandey and Ruchika got no such help.
She was even denied an FIR.
I am sure they won't show her committing suicide as well.
lotus8 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NikkieGR8**

I was in Chandigarh in 1995-1997 and the case was at its peak in those times. Though I was too young to understand all this, but Ruchika, her father SC Girhotra, her friend Aradhna who was the sole eye-witness to the molestation, her father Anand Prakash, and lawyer Pankaj Bhardwaj were the most discussed names in our household and others too in our neighbourhood.

My parents even talked about the illegal detention, beating up, and handcuffed parade of Ruchika's younger brother in their neighbourhood which was considered the immediate reason for her suicide. The difference I see here in the show with the real case is that, Rachna gets the help of Diwakar Pandey and Ruchika got no such help.
She was even denied an FIR.
I am sure they won't show her committing suicide as well.

Hi Nikkie

I am from Chd too.

rittu_deep thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Yeah...It is very much inspired from that real-life incident even if the makers try to deny it...
The similarities are not co-incidental:
The guilty was an influential man, even within police
The victim was a school-girl
The victim had a father and a younger brother in family
The victim was molested, not raped which was witnessed by another girl close to the victim
The victim and the daughter of the guilty were in the same school
The victim was a champion in a sport (tennis in real-life and badminton in the show)
Ruchika and Rachna names....