Posted: 13 years ago
Both the parts were fab
Loved it
I jus went in the flashback of that epi
Maan's has a suprise for Geet
Lets c wat it is

DrashtiGuruLuv thumbnail
Hey!!! Im new to the forum,.. but I have always been a silent reader of your FF, and i LOVE IT!!! 😊

You do such a great job writing, and I cant wait to read your next update!!! magnificent story writing!!

~Rani
laxmi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5
Nothing Can Keep Us Apart

Part 32 - Flowers?

Geet blinked again, just to make sure of what she was seeing. "A house?" Geet looked at Maan incredulously. "That's the big surprise? What you wanted the land for? It was to build a house?" Geet shook her head and looked at Maan like she couldn't understand him.

"This wasn't exactly the reaction that I was hoping for," said a disappointed Maan.

Geet laughed. "What did you expect? You went to so much trouble to get this land, I thought you would have built a factory or a shopping mall at least, not a house."

"It's not just a house, it's a retreat. Most of the time I love working and staying busy, but sometimes I just want time off from everything. My usual solution was to go camping, but when I saw your land, everything changed. I had been thinking for some time about building a house away from Delhi, and I just felt some kind of pull towards your land. Do you understand what I mean?"

Geet thought that she did, but she just couldn't resist kidding him. "So, you want a farm house?" she asked, with a voice that pretended to be unsure of his meaning.

"No, not a farmhouse, a modern retreat with all the comforts available in Delhi but none of the distractions. Come on, let me show you what's happened so far."

Geet smiled at how eager Maan was to show her around the house. She did her best to seem impressed whenever he pointed out some special feature. He was particularly proud of the new green technologies that he had included, as that was an area in construction that he saw huge potential in. While Geet thought the house was good, what she liked the most was how excited Maan was when he was showing her around. He looked just like a child let loose in a candy store.

Though the house certainly wasn't as big as a mansion, it did have many rooms, including several bedrooms on the second level. Maan took Geet upstairs to show them to her, leaving the larget one last. He was especially proud of this room because of the special design.

"Do you see, Geet, how this room being at the back allows for windows on three of the sides? You can view a sunrise from one window, and a sunset from the other window, or you can go out on the wraparound balcony and have practically a 360 degree view."

"Yes, it's very nice."

"Very nice. Is that all you can say?" Maan looked a little hurt.

Geet smiled and said, "I meant that in the best way possible. The house is really great, Maan."

"Hmmmmmm." Maan looked like he wasn't sure he could believe her. "I think I know something you will like. Do you remember your first day back to work, when I dictated the letter to Mr. Chopra about what we would include in the project designs?" Geet nodded, thinking back to that day. "Do you remember what you added?"

"You mean about including a lawn and garden?" Geet started smiling as she began to understand where Maan's thoughts were going.

"When you talked about children playing, I could picture you and the baby here. I didn't know if you'd even want to come back here, but I decided to include your dream anyway."

Geet's eyes widened, and her smile got bigger. "Really? You put in a lawn and a garden just for me?"

"Come and see," said Maan as he took her hand and led her out on the balcony. He showed her were the landscaping had been started, but explained that he wanted her input before the work was completed. Geet couldn't contain her excitement any more and rushed out of the room, down the stairs, and out into the unfinished garden.

"Geet! Sambhal ke Geet! You shouldn't be running, what if you fall? What to do with this crazy woman!"

Maan tried to catch up with Geet, in case anything happened, but she ran surprisingly fast for a woman 6 months pregnant. When they were both outside Maan started yelling at Geet for not thinking about herself or the baby, but Geet was too happy to pay any attention. She started thinking aloud all the different possibilities for the garden, decorations, furniture, plants. Maan could do nothing but stare at her in amazement, hardly able to comprehend what she was saying. That is, until he heard the words that started a roar in his ears.

"Roses, I definitely want roses, but I want them to look wild, untamed, like..."

"NO!"

Geet was surprised by Maan's shout, but she continued on. "Well, I guess there are some people who don't like roses, even I don't like red ones. White is my favorite, but I'm sure I can think of some other flower that would..."

"NO!"

At the first "no" Geet didn't think much about it, and kept speaking, but at the second "no" she took notice. In fact, though they had disagreed a lot lately, it had been a long time since he had yelled so loudly at her, and she didn't like it. She turned back, walked straight up to him, and did some yelling of her own.

"Don't you start yelling at me! What is wrong with you anyway?"

"Me? Who do you think you are?" Geet's mouth dropped open at this question of Maan's.

"Mein tumhari biwi hoon! And....and...you.....dusht daanav!"

"That doesn't matter!" Another shock to Geet. "This is my land, my house, my garden. I will make the decisions. There will be no flowers!"

"Oye, Khotey! Ullu de pathe! You stupid idiot! You're the one who told me you wanted my input, that I could help, and now you're saying the opposite? Dusht daanav, hah! You are daanav of TEN HEADS!"

"Geet, do you always have to curse me? Can't you at least give me one day of rest from your bak bak?"

"Me! You started it, you..."

"Chup! Bilkul chup!"

Maan looked like he wanted to strangle Geet, but instead he turned around, and started stalking back towards the house. Geet was no less furious than Maan. They had had such a wonderful day so far, and he had to go and ruin it for no reason. Geet didn't really like fighting with Maan, she always felt horrible afterwards, and a lot of the time their fights were somewhat her fault. But not this time! This time it was that stupid gadha husband of hers.

While Geet angrily played with her dupatta as she paced back and forth, cursing her husband, Maan was angrily walking back to the jeep. He wasn't intending to leave her, but he was just so angry with her that he wanted to get away and didn't really think about what he was doing. He got into the jeep and just as he was about to start it and drive off, he remembered that she was pregnant. He could leave her alone, but he could not go back and talk to her, not right now. Why did she always, always, argue with him? Couldn't she just do what he wanted, with him having to explain?

Maan got out of the jeep and slammed the door. He began pacing back and forth, unable to settle his mind. He was in such turmoil that he couldn't think what to do. Finally he came to a stop and placed his hands on the jeep's hood. Lowering his head slightly, he started taking deep breathes, in an effort to calm down. Just when he was getting to the point where he thought he could return to Geet's side, he heard her give a faint, strangled cry of his name.

Immediately his head shot up, just in time to see a masked man holding sword that was aimed right at him. Maan's instincts took over, and he grabbed for the man's arm, twisting it hard, forcing him to drop the sword. Using his other hand to grab hold of the man's neck, he slammed his head into the side of the jeep as hard as he could. The attacker quickly lost consciousness, and Maan let him fall in a heap, instead, picking up the sword and running to find Geet.

Precap:
"Did you really think you could come back after you disgraced your family? Did you think we would let you live after you humiliated your own brother?"

And Thanks Goes To:

No roses - June 30 episode

Geet swearing - Multiple episodes

MSK = Raavan - July 21 episode

Well, I was hoping that I would get this part written before they started showing why Maan bought the land in the serial. Really Maan? You intend to develop and sell off wifey's land to some idiot like that Ms. What's her name? Very bad! I like my version better, keep it in the family.😆

Edited by laxmi2010 - 13 years ago
sravz23 thumbnail
loved it.
continue sooon.
neha2005 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
thanks for the pm! loving the twist at the end!
Antares thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
That was soooooooo good! Superb! That was so cute.....the first part....lolz. Oh, they fought again over flowers......seems Maan has a secret here too........lolz.....and in the end.......guess Brij or someone from Hoshiarpur is back........that's interesting.......do continue soon.
-Priyaa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
wow loved the part laxmi di. but plz update fast. mystery mystery what's the kahani of the roses. plz plz update fast.
Keertee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Just caught up... Very nice.... Honey.... Thank you for the PM>>>