LEO88 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

i guess money talks for these calebs...👎🏼

Edited by LEO88 - 14 years ago
This is the vid guys ----

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q612vpZUKc[/YOUTUBE]

She seems in a good mood --- She gives her reasons to endorse and her views on Beauty 🤢😆😉
amy22 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Why would they take her to endorse a fairness cream when she's not fair? I'll never understand that.
pooja_l thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
endorsing a fairness cream never implies that the celebs r racists.... i dont find anyone in the world endorsing a fairness cream bad.... its a product and they endorse, what so big deal about endorsing a fairness product??

Originally posted by: sweetytweetypoo

endorsing a fairness cream never implies that the celebs r racists.... i dont find anyone in the world endorsing a fairness cream bad.... its a product and they endorse, what so big deal about endorsing a fairness product??<br>

This is not about personal and cultural beliefs. If you put it that way, nothing is bad in the world; everything can be looked at through the glasses of cultural relativism. In some cultures, its okay for married women to offer sexual hospitality to strange men that pass through their villages. Its right in their eyes but it sure as heck is wrong in mine because it increases risk for STDs, AIDS and other diseases.. Now, who is right in this case? Me or those villagers? If you think its not a big deal, thats your opinion but many have and will disagree with it. When these starlets endorse fairness creams, the ordinary girls that look up to them blindly believe them; they follow them and this ends up giving these girls a false sense of security. Why should confidence and security come from your skin tone? Why not from who you are or what you do? What do fairness creams imply? They imply only fairskinned people are beautiful and successful, so everyone should buy this product and be fair and beautiful. If this does not sound wrong to you, then more power to you.Edited by xetaxeta - 14 years ago
lhcj21 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I never expected Deepika to endorse a FAIRNESS product. First of all, she is dusky and has always flaunted it. She was always the type of girl who expressed "I'm beautiful and proud of my dark gorgeous glowing skin." She was a great role model for women all around.

But now, endorsing a fairness product changes a lot of things. It's bad enough that fairness creams imply that fairness = beautiful, but now that dusky girls are promoting the product makes things worse. Instead, they should promote their natural skin color and promote some other skin care product which enhances their own NATURAL beauty.
pooja_l thumbnail

Originally posted by: xetaxeta

This is not about personal and cultural beliefs. If you put it that way, nothing is bad in the world; everything can be looked at through the glasses of cultural relativism. In some cultures, its okay for married women to offer sexual hospitality to strange men that pass through their villages. Its right in their eyes but it sure as heck is wrong in mine because it increases risk for STDs, AIDS and other diseases.. Now, who is right in this case? Me or those villagers? If you think its not a big deal, thats your opinion but many have and will disagree with it. When these starlets endorse fairness creams, the ordinary girls that look up to them blindly believe them; they follow them and this ends up giving these girls a false sense of security. Why should confidence and security come from your skin tone? Why not from who you are or what you do? What do fairness creams imply? They imply only fairskinned people are beautiful and successful, so everyone should buy this product and be fair and beautiful. If this does not sound wrong to you, then more power to you.

Ab products hai, demand hai,then there will be endorsements naa..... Even potato chips may not be healthy for us ...but there r celebs who endorse and people who eat it..... so if we look the creams only as a product then there isnot anything wrong naa
lhcj21 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweetytweetypoo

<br><br>Ab products hai, demand hai,then there will be endorsements naa..... Even potato chips may not be healthy for us ...but there r celebs who endorse and people who eat it..... so if we look the creams only as a product then there isnot anything wrong naa<br>

Potato chips are a completely different story. Fairness product ads always gives these types of messages:

1) If you are not fair, guys won't look at you, your lover won't love you, you can't get married, etc.
2) You can't become successful in life.

Remember Priyanka's Pond's White Beauty ad? Or Asin's Fairever ad? They give out a horrible message to the audience. In a potato chip ad, it doesn't say that if you don't eat potato chips, you are going to end up losing your boyfriend!!

pooja_l thumbnail

Originally posted by: lhcj21

Potato chips are a completely different story. Fairness product ads always gives these types of messages:

1) If you are not fair, guys won't look at you, your lover won't love you, you can't get married, etc.
2) You can't become successful in life.

Remember Priyanka's Pond's White Beauty ad? Or Asin's Fairever ad? They give out a horrible message to the audience. In a potato chip ad, it doesn't say that if you don't eat potato chips, you are going to end up losing your boyfriend!!

so it is the concept of the ad of the previous times..... If they donot endorse using such liners in the fairness creams ads then it wont be a problem....