Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago
Personally I don't think that anyone should change themselves to get someone's love.

I suppose he started loving you even when you used to dress up in tomboyish style, right? In that case you shouldn't really change yourself.  Maybe that's what he loves about you.

True love is about understanding and compassion for each other.  It doesn't require anyone to change.  In fact when you have to change it's not truly love but a deal. 

I agree in marriage we have to compromise, but even before marriage if you keep changing yourself and make yourself like you think he wants to see then your life will become quite hectic trying to meet all of his expectations.

Try to be who you are at the same time try to compromise and make him feel loved.  I hope he does the same for you.

All the best for your married life!

-Mahi

i think meeting 68% of his expectations is good, bc in life we can never meet 100% of someone's expectations...Same goes the other way...

Also being a little tomboyish is ok..I wouldnt mind if a girl talked to me about cars...actually i would like that! We can talk about favorite ones, fastest car, most expensive, favorite style...even how to fix them! All over a candle lit dinner over looking the Giza Pyramids in Egypt...

(yeep i have done that, minus the car talk and intimate setting lol, let me say at night those things look amazing bc the lighting is just amazing!!!)
pearls1124 thumbnail
I don't see any reason why u shouldn't change some of the things u want to change for the ur dreamboy though.... because sometimes thats just the way it works......
its not important that u have to meet all the expectations but yeah u  should try it though because thats always good thing to do....... rite????
U know what??? In my own opinion u really love him and ur good enough --- to be honest i don't see anything wrong in you seriously... well keep it up and I wish both of u guys all the best for future and be happy..................... ❤️
Maan-Diwani thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
you shouldn't have to change urself 4 some1 they should accept u 4 who u are and not what they want you to be.
aish_punk thumbnail
Hmm..i do'nt think u shud change urself for anyone..but yeah its true that once a gal is in a relation she starts dressing up to luk gud..tats fine..but u shudnt do TOO much 2 impress him..he's impressed wid u...tatz y he's ur bf ryt..?! 😉
innocentdevil. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hun, don't change yourself. You are who you are. If people cant' accept you for who you are then ignore 'em. Be yourself. Marriage is a big thing. If he doesn't really see the real you and just see what you became to please him then I don't think it's right. BUT If he had never asked you to change and he truly does love you then I don't see it as that big of a problem.

It's true though many people go their way to change for someone else. We're never always too pleased with our self. But accept who you are. Don't hide who you are. You said you changed to impress him but it seems he was already impressed with you. Basically what I'm saying is, Be yourself [The most common line]. It's the best advice I can give. The decision is yours.

Originally posted by: AsliiGuy

Good questions..

I can see how you want to meet and keep his expectations but I would like someone for who they are...I wouldnt want her to change at all.

As far as expectations, i dont think you can meet every single one, and it goes the other way too, a guy cant meet everyone of a girls...

But if you ever think you fall short at one, I would talk about it..Dont hide it..Like lets say, he loves something and you dont know about it tell him.

i am kinda like your bf, except i was not born in india and dont have extremely strong tradtional-indian upbrining, but i am sure he would love for who you are, and accept you..

I heard from others that marriage is like a new world, its like you never knew the person once your married (because so much connections are made again, and so much is revealed i heard)..

But in all, i think you are taking a good approach being concerned about his happiness, as he should be doing the same for you.. I wouldnt worry too much, just put love first..

i agree wid u totally!
Jiannax143 thumbnail
i dont think you should change anything about you..you dont need to change who you are..he fell in love with YOU and wants to marry YOU ....of course he has to be attracted to you but you shouldnt have to change anything about you...just dont put stress like that on yourself....being yourself is the best thing you can do for a relationship