Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bholibollygirl thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Well, lets be honest its the looks most people go for, however looks alone can not fetch any stardom, sometime even if achieved will not last longer. IMO, if you notice some stars who have good looks linger on until they sharpen their acting skills and then become the ranked. Katrina for example has been in the industry for a while, but just now she reached the top. Some other stars such as Vidya, who may be good in acting but they too have to wait for their stardom until they give that extra umph, or they risk fading away. Just my 2 cents based on empirical observation.
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bholibollygirl

Well, lets be honest its the looks most people go for, however looks alone can not fetch any stardom, sometime even if achieved will not last longer. IMO, if you notice some stars who have good looks linger on until they sharpen their acting skills and then become the ranked. Katrina for example has been in the industry for a while, but just now she reached the top. Some other stars such as Vidya, who may be good in acting but they too have to wait for their stardom until they give that extra umph, or they risk fading away. Just my 2 cents based on empirical observation.

u jst stole my thoughts 😛...couldnt agree more...well said👏
SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: bholibollygirl

I don't agree, if u look earlier, actress who were not very good looking like Smita Patel, Shabana Azmi, they did so well and won a lots of awards in their career at that time, but I personally don't like them both, but not to avoid they r so popular, but today people go by face unfortunatly!........
But many actress who are very beautiful are left behind when their films flopped, it's not concern in this, I think it's their luck, both Katrina and Deepika had a nice chance on working with big banners and established stars in the industry which helped them!..........

Edited by farislove - 15 years ago
pomegranate thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: farislove

I don't agree, if u look earlier, actress who were not very good looking like Smita Patel, Shabana Azmi, they did so well and won a lots of awards in their career at that time, but I personally don't like them both, but not to avoid they r so popular, but today people go by face unfortunatly!........
But many actress who are very beautiful are left behind when their films flopped, it's not concern in this, I think it's their luck, both Katrina and Deepika had a nice chance on working with big banners and established stars in the industry which helped them!..........

thats right, the generation changed, No one cares abt  talent. deepika and kat are beautiful, they have a great body, with a good sense of fashion (sometimes). these days thats all it matters, they aren't good actresses, but they have the look and luck, and thats all you need. 
spinhoo thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: 100%-princess

thats right, the generation changed, No one cares abt talent. deepika and kat are beautiful, they have a great body, with a good sense offashion (sometimes). these days thats all it matters, they aren't good actresses, but they have the look and luck, and thats all you need.

you guys I think are saying pretty much same, except your emotions are masking the fact. I agree with you and your quoted post mentioned the same in slightly different words. People like smitha patil did not reach the top, but they certainly lasted long. That longevity is becoming less as too many newbies are clamoring for the bollywood. The avg Indian viewer's wants more of glamour than the substance these days. The good looking gals need to add some substance before they get crushed by their flops. Peace...

Originally posted by: spinhoo

you guys I think are saying pretty much same, except your emotions are masking the fact. I agree with you and your quoted post mentioned the same in slightly different words. People like smitha patil did not reach the top, but they certainly lasted long. That longevity is becoming less as too many newbies are clamoring for the bollywood. The avg Indian viewer's wants more of glamour than the substance these days. The good looking gals need to add some substance before they get crushed by their flops. Peace...

Spinhoo i agree with you and you princess 100% that looks do matter alot more and spinhoo get what you are saying..definetly alot higher turnover of stars. Before the stars use to i think have more substance and stood for something. I do kind of disagree with princess in that yes looks matter but talent is just inportant because you go to watch a movie it will matter if someone acts really badly...

I think vidya is balance she has talent and natural indian beauty not like todays stars who are model pretty...thats just my view.
SayCheese thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I find Vidya a good actress