*DMG FF-In His Arms* Part Four Pg. 22

zahra27 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hey guys this is Zahra here...I'm starting an FF on Armaan and Ridz... inspired by all the great FF writers...it's my first time ever writing an FF so please tell me how it is...whether you like it or not and if I should continue or not!!!😊 Any kind of comments would be nice!!! Thank You!! Enjoy!!😊

*In His Arms*

Character Sketch

Gupta Family
Dr. Ridhima Gupta-A 24 year old medical student who is graduating from Med School. She was born in Bombay but has lived her entire life in the US. Currently she lives in Houston, TX and goes to UTMB(University of Texas Medical Branch). She usually a very happy person and loves her friends to death. She lives in an apartment with her best friend Sapna. She has a fear of being left alone and being lonely.

Dr. Anjali Gupta: Anjali is 26 years old and is Ridhima's first cousin but they are more like sisters. Anjali is a Doctor in Sanjeevani and lived with Ridhima in US for her medical studies.

Dr. Shashank Gupta: Dr. Shashank is Anjali's father and Ridhima's Bade Papa. He is the Dean of Sanjeevani

Amar and Padma Gupta: Ridhima's parents who live in the US but away from their daughter. They care alot about their daughter and want her to get married as soon as she graduates from Med School. Amar left India to do business in the US when Ridhima was three years old.

Dr.Shubankar and Dr. Kirti Gupta: Shubhankar and Kirti are senior doctors in Sanjeevani and Dr. Shubankar is the youngest brother of Shashank and Amar.

Malik Family
Dr. Armaan Malik: A 25 year old handsome young doctor who is graduating from Baylor College of Medicine in the US. He was born Indian but raised in the US. All girls are nuts about him and he likes all the attention. But from the inside he is still looking for that true love who will take his breath away.

Dr. Atul Malik: Atul is a 27 year old doctor and is Armaan's older brother. Atul is a resident in Sanjeevani along with Dr. Anjali. Atul is madly in love with Anjali. Atul went to India to do research and fell in love with the country. He decided to do his residency at Sanjeevani.

Atul and Armaan's parents live in the US, but are not extremely important in the story.

Other Important Characters
Dr. Sapna Shah:  Sapna is 24 and also attends UTMB with Ridhima and is her roomate and best friend. Sapna and Ridhima have been best friends since they can remember. Sapna is very cute and a sweetheart. She is engaged to Amit who is a Lawyer by profession.

Dr. Prachi Desai: Prachi is 25 years old and is also the best friend of Ridhima and Sapna. The three have been best friends since grade school. Prachi used to attend Med School in California but decided to transfer her last year to UTMB and graduate with her best friends. Prachi is very outgoing, nice, but serious when it comes to business.

Yash Malhotra: Yash is 26 years old and a Financial Consultant at a Law Firm in Houston. Yash is in the process of becoming a full fledged lawyer. Yash is the love of Ridhima's life, atleast thats what she thinks.

Dr. Rahul Grewal and Dr. Muskaan Chadda: Rahul is from Austrailia and Muskaan is from London. Both of them are in India to do a research program at Sanjeevani...and other thingsπŸ˜‰

*Part One*

"No Ridhima, just leave me! ITS OVER!" he yelled as the anger in his voice increased.
"What do you mean its over? I love you!" she said as shock and amazement was plastered on her face.
"Well I don't, I never have and I never will!"
"What do you mean Yash?" "What has been going on between us for the last year?" she asked.
He was silent and did not know what to say.
"Bolo Yash, you never loved me? All those moments all those times we spent together, you never felt love for me? Never?" she tugged on his sleeve begging him to tell her that this is all a joke, as tears were falling out of her eyes.
"Look Ridhima," he put his hands on her face and looked straight into her eyes, "I never felt like I was in love with you, it was just like an infatuation. To me you are more of a friend than a lover. But anyways what we had was never going to work out. I'm not ready to settle down until I can start practicing law by myself. I know you want to get married after you graduate-"
She interrupted him "then I'll wait for you, as long as I have to" she said taking his hands in hers and reassuring him.
He turned his back towards her unable to look at her sweet innocent face as he jerked his hands out of hers, "no Ridhima, I'm sorry, I'm not ready for life long commitment and I won't be ready any time soon."
She was heartbroken and words were not forming in her mouth even though she had so many questions.
Slowly words came to her mouth and she said, "S-s-so a-all those promises you made me, all those things you told me, they were just lies? Everytime you told me you loved me, it wasn't love but infatuation?"
He turned around angrily hating himself for doing this to her and hating himself for what he was about to say, "Look Ridhima I never felt anything deep for you okay! Whatever I said was my brain telling me to do it, not my heart! I never meant it from the bottom of my heart!
Now Ridhima was angry as she yelled, "how can you say that, woh pal joh humne saath beetayen teh woh sab ek jhoot tha? Joh pyaar mere liye tumhari aankon meinn diktha hai, woh saab ek jhoot hai?"
"Bas Ridhima! Ab aur nahi, humara saath yahi tak tha, that's it, it's over Ridhima!"
Saying that he turned around and left a heartbroken and confused Ridhima crying and breaking down in the middle of Herman Park.

As he walked away, he could not help but have tears in his eyes. He knew he had to do this, and hates himself for breaking Ridhima's heart like this. He knew this was the best way to end it, and if he told her the entire truth, things could have gotten much worse. He knew what he was doing and why he was doing it, but on the inside, his heart was breaking as he did this to her. He really does love Ridhima...

She could not believe he just broke her heart like that. She could not stop crying, she was so angry at him at herself for letting him do this to her.
Yash had called her this morning and told her he needed to talk to her about something important. He asked her to meet him at Herman Park at 8 p.m. Ridhima least expected this, she was expecting something good, something like a proposal, and not anything close to what had just happened.

As she opened the door to her apartment, she saw someone get up from the sofa and look at her with big worried eyes...

*Part Two* A

As Ridhima opened the door to her apartment she saw Sapna there with concern shown clearly in her eyes. Ridhima could not help it and she broke down leaving the front door wide open behind her. Sapna came rushing to Ridhima and pulled her into a tight hug as she closed the door behind Ridhima, Sapna led Ridhima to the sofa and told her to sit down. "Ridhima please calm down and tell me what happened. Why are you crying so much? Ridhima please."
Ridhima looked into Sapna's eyes and poured her heart out. She told Sapna everything that happened between her and Yash. Sapna tried desperately to calm Ridhima down. "Look Ridz, he's a jerk for leaving you like this, you deserve to be happy, you don't need to cry over that stupid *bleep*, you deserve way better." Sapna got up to get Ridhima a glass of water. "Yeh loh Ridz, tohra pani peelo, and clam down." Ridhima took the glass from Sapna's hand and slowly drank the water.
 "Ridz you don't need to be crying like this ok. I don't want you looking all depressed on our graduation. Come on Ridz, we graduate in two days! Don't do this to yourself. You have worked so hard the past four  years to make your dreams come true, you are finally going to be a doctor. Don't let all of your hard work go to waste just because of some loser."
Ridhima knew Sapna was right but said, "but Sapna, I love him"
"I know Ridz there is no point in loving him when he doesn't love you back."
"How can he not love me Sapna? How? I changed myself for him, I became more of what he wanted me to be when I was with him. I thought changed would be good Sapna. How can he not love me?" Ridhima said as new tears formed in her eyes.
"Ridhima dekho tum jaanti ho naa, maine tumse kaha tha ke aapne aap ko maat badlo, koi pyaar kar to tumse kare, agar tum aapne aap ko badaal lo, toh use pyaar nahi, sauda kehte hai."
"I know Sapna, I wished I had listened to you, but you know naa, it was my first time ever. The first time ever that a guy actually liked me, me of all people."
"I know Ridz, but you know what everyone learns from their mistakes. Now you know better right?"
Ridhima got up and wiped the tears off of her face and said, "tum sahi kehti ho Sapna, he never loved me for me, and now I know better. And you know what Sapna, I'm not gonna cry anymore. Enough is enough, I wanna be the old Ridz again, the one everyone loves to be around."
"That's like my Ridz, chalo ab raat bohaut ho chuki hai, lets go to sleep, subah mein jaldi bhi utna hai. Arre bhool gayi kya?"
Ridhima made a funny face and tried hard to think of it.  "I don't remember."
"Omg we have to get our cap and gown and go dress shopping stupid!"
"Ohh yea, now I remember haha ooooooooops!"
As they entered their room, Sapna saw her phone flashing. She was shocked to see who was calling her. She needed to get Ridz out of the room now. "Hey Ridz, look your water jug is empty, why haven't you filled it up?"
"Nahh, I'm too lazy to go and fill it up now"
"Well if you wake up thirsty in the middle of the night, don't wake me up cuz I ain't giving you none!" Sapna stuck her tounge out to Ridz, she knew she hit the right spot to irritate Ridz.
"Fine, I'll go!" said Ridz walking away acting like she was angry.

*Part Two B*

As Ridhima walked to the kitchen she started remembering how her and Yash first met, how she fell in love with him, and how he loved her back, she still didn't understand how he never loved her.
"Was it really just an infatuation? Or was it lust?" Ridhima began to think. "No no, because Yash never crossed his limits, then what was it? Was it really because I changed myself? But that doesn't explain why he never loved me? Hmm...oh well I guess this is just how my life is going to be...."

As Ridz was wondering in the kitchen, Sapna was talking to someone on the phone.
"Why didn't you tell her the entire truth?" asked Sapna trying to keep her voice calm.
Voice on the phone: "I couldn't Sapna, I just couldn't, it was better to leave it this way than telling her the truth."
Sapna fuming with anger trying hard to control her voice so Ridhima can't hear, "No Yash! You should have told her before she finds out from someone else, before she finds out that your parents want you to marry her best friend Prachi. The two of you have been engaged for the past month, I can't believe the two of you!" Sapna didn't realize she was yelling at Yash. "Ughh. You make me sick! Why didn't you just tell her and-" but before Sapna could finish, she heard glass breaking.
"What was that?" Sapna thinks telling Yash to hold for a minute. Sapna goes to the bedroom door and sees it was slightly open. When she opens the door, she sees Ridhima sitting on the floor against the wall with a puddle of water and fragments of glass in front of her.
Sapna yells "Ridhima! Ridhima! Ridz!"
Sapna then notices red swirls of liquid mixing in with the water. Sapna gets scared and starts to yell, "Omg Ridz, you're bleeding!"
She shakes Ridhima, but gets no response. Ridhima's face is blank, she is just sitting there staring into space, not moving one bit.
Sapna tried to get Ridhima up but failed to do so. She ran outside her apartment and rushed to get some help. She ran and got Amit from next door.
Amit came running inside the apartment and picked Ridz up in his arms and laid her on the bed. Sapna started bandaging and removing pieces of glass from Ridhima's feet. Ridz felt no pain of the glass stinging her feet. She felt numb.
"Sapna," Amit said, "what happend? you need to get her out of this shock. Make her cry, make her angry, make her do anything, but get her out of this mess."
"Thanks Amit for all the help, tum nahi hote to naa jaane kya hota."said Sapna.
He held her hand and led her out of the room to let Ridz rest. They sat down on the couch and Sapna told Amit the events of the night.
"Don't worry Sapna, sab kuch theek ho jaayega." said Amit.
"I know, sooner or later everything will be alright, but I'm so worried, I don't know how she will face Prachi."
"Sapna, if you get so worried right now, think what will happen to Ridhima."
"Sighhh...I know. You should go now, Ridz needs me right now."
"Are you sure? I'll stay for a little while until she calms down."
"No you go, I'll take care of her."
"Okay, call me if you need anything else," said Amit standing up from the sofa.
"Yea, I will, bye, goodnight." said Sapna as she got up and looked into Amit's eyes filled with worry, as he hugged her tight and gave her a loving kiss on her forehead. Even in a situation like this, Sapna felt her cheeks burn for a moment. After all, Amit and Sapna had been in love since their eyes first met.
Amit bid his goodbyes to Sapna as she got ready to face Ridhima. After he left, Sapna quickly cleaned up the water and blood and glass. After she finished she went into the room and saw Ridhima sitting upright with the same blank expression.
Sapna went to the bed and sat down beside her. She turned her head towards Ridhima while tears were starting to form in her eyes looking at Ridz's state. "Ridhima? Please, kuch to bolo, aise chup mat behto."
Ridhima replied with strong yet pain stricken voice, "did you know all along?"
Sapna was shocked at what Ridz said, so she took Ridz's hand and squeezed it tight.
Ridz turned her head to face Sapna and asked again with the same strong voice, "did you know all along?"
Sapna's silence gave Ridz her answer as she jerked her hand away from Sapna's grip. "I can't believe you were in this too, all of you kept me in the dark. I thought I at least had one friend left in this world, but no, you betrayed me also!"
Sapna spoke, terrified of Ridz's response, "Ridhima I was only trying to protect you"
"Protect me? Protect me by lying to me, not telling me the truth?!"
"Nahi Ridz, I only found out about this a couple of days ago and I wanted to tell you, but Yash told me he would fix everything. He didn't even tell you the entire truth-"
"Yea! Like how my best friend and my boyfriend went behind my back!" Ridz yelled fuming with anger. "I cannot believe the both of them, especially Prachi, how could she do this to me? I don't understand"
"Sapna please help me understand this please" Ridhima begged with pleading eyes.
"I know, I know Ridz, mein tumhe samjati hoon."
"Do you remember Tanya and Sudhir's engagement in April?" Ridhima nodded her head in response. "Do you remember how everyone was there, you, me, Amit, Prachi, and Yash? And how Yash and Prachi's familiy were invited?"
"Yea, so?"
"Well, Yash's mom met up with Amrita auntie (Prachi's mom) and asked for Prachi's hand in marriage to Yash."
"What?!"
"Yea! Well Amrita auntie said she will talk to her husband and Prachi. When Amirta auntie asked Prachi, Prachi declined and and told her mom about you and Yash."
"On the other side, when Yash found out about what his mom had done, he finally told his mom about you and how he loves you, but she was angry and said that she doesn't like you and told him to break it off with you and marry Prachi. But, Yash said no and told his mom that he will only marry you and only you. So Meena auntie decided to accept you, even though she didn't want to."
"So that's why she was giving me ugly looks at the wedding," said Ridz.
"Yea that was the reason. Even though the mothers broke off the alliance for their children's happiness, the fathers were still into this. Both of the fathers made a deal to merge their empires together with this marriage alliance of Prachi and Yash. So Yashs' parents forced him into this alliance for business, power, and money. While, Prachi's dad forced her into accepting Yash. You know how Nakul uncle is, he is aggressive and always gets what he wants, he wanted this alliance badly so he forced Prachi into this."
"Yash and Prachi did everything in their power to break this alliance off, but some things happened that have eventually led them to..." Sapna swallowed hard trying to say the correct words. Sapna was thinking whether she should say this or not, "no I have to tell Ridz the entire truth otherwise she's gonna think she can fix this."
"Bolo Sapna, which led to what?"
"Well, the families decided they will keep the two together at any cost, whether they like it or not, so this led to, well this led to umm..."
"Sapna, please tell me they didn't fall in love?"
"O crap! How did she figure it out?" thought Sapna.
Sapna looked down unsure of what to say, while Ridhima could not believe they fell in love. "They fell in love? Are you kidding me? This cannot be possible."
"I'm sorry Ridz, it's true."
Ridz was so shocked. She pushed back her tears and started to stare into space again. She couldn't believe it"
"Ridz? Ridz are you okay?" Sapna patted Ridhima's hair and got up and left the room. Sapna knew what she had to do next...

Sorry for the delay, I was so caught up in reading all the great fan fics out there that I forgot I had to update my ownπŸ˜†. This part took me a while to write and develop hope you guys liked it!😊
Please leave your comments and tell me how this was or press the thank you button! 😊 I know it was really sad😭, but don't worry it gets better and happier. 😊
-Zahra
Edited by zahra27 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

quboolhai_1fan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
kool...sounds awsumm!...lukin forward to the first part
do continue

~*~Sofia~*~
aiz_annesha thumbnail
wow dat luks very interesting!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰
and YES u shud continue πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ
zahra27 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hey guys thanks for the comments but unfortuantely these are not enough for me to continue this FF...and i really want to write it!!! So Plzzzzzzzzzzz comment or press the thank you button!!! Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!! 😊
star_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
WoW...sound nice....do PM me abt update
inuyasharocks thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
sounds really interesting zaara. luv the character sketch. πŸ‘ i am sooooo hyper. u have to continue this ff. i really can't wait to read more. plzzzzzz continue soon and if u don't mind could u pm me when u update πŸ˜ƒ thnx
shalika thumbnail
nice ff
plzzzzz continue soon and plz do pm me when u r done
Sony_1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
hi zahra!!
congrats on starting to wtite ff. πŸ‘ thanks for keeping shilpa as ridz. i liked the character sketch. good to see shashank with 2 brothers. right now i cant comment more since i have to read atleast one part to comment. so waiting for the first part. here i would like to ask u one thing. who is yash(real name). is he laksh from kyunki?
zara. thumbnail
hey soundz great!! 😊
exited to read!! 😳
trina_saras thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7

Hi Zahra,

Welcome to the forum!   

Trins

Edited by trina1 - 15 years ago