Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 months ago

When we know people who have seen the horror..why do we need to read Wikipedia to know what happened?🤔

Palak2812 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

When we know people who have seen the horror..why do we need to read Wikipedia to know what happened?🤔

Most importantly since when Wiki is a source of information. 

School time se bataya jaata hain to never rely on Wiki, any one can edit and say anything on it. 

Wiki is never a source of information. 

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

It's not a "need"...it's for those who whould like to get to know.

I know from the Godhra movie thread that you have people in your family who lived the nightmare.

At the time, I only got a whiff of that incident (and the riots) through German media...it had been many years later that I learned more about it - of course not through people who told me what they lived themselves.

I learned about two very different narratives...and now two movies had been made which will release around election time (although it should be clear by now who will win)...

I already know which narrative the movie on Friday will tell...I wonder which one this one in May will tell...

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

It's not a "need"...it's for those who whould like to get to know.

I know from the Godhra movie thread that you have people in your family who lived the nightmare.

At the time, I only got a whiff of that incident (and the riots) through German media...it had been many years later that I learned more about it - of course not through people who told me what they lived themselves.

I learned about two very different narratives...and now two movies had been made which will release around election time (although it should be clear by now who will win)...

I already know which narrative the movie on Friday will tell...I wonder which one this one in May will tell...

Hopefully both will say the same..truth

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 months ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 months ago

Not surprising...

As for Wikipedia: Of course it's a source of information - one of many others...and generally, I start from there and then do research through other sources.

And yes, even those who lived the horror inside the train wouldn't forcibly  know the exact truth.