Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: Bird32

Better? How? She wasn’t considered A-listers like Kajol, Karishma, Aishwarya, Juhi or like other A-listers. 

Her contemporaries - not the A listers like Kajol, Aishwarya, Juhi and ofc Madhuri but moreso like Raveena, Pooja Bhatt, Sonali Bendre, Ayesha Julkha...etc. She's not bad at acting, and is probably the standout in her bunch. 

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I've always heard stories about Babita but I know very little about her so didn't know she mistreated Karishma and that this behavior was called out. If she was a feminist when it still wasn't in vogue for Bollywood, I can see why her career ended.

That makes sense that it gives actresses some financial security plus power and influence which they probably lose otherwise. Sridevi doesn't seem like the type who would ever want to enter politics. She was very private and shy so that would not be her comfort zone at all. 

This is the first I've heard that her family was well off when she died. Every story I heard circulating around was that they were completely broke and even some ridiculous theories that the daughters were in on her murder and capitalized on it to fund their careers. Nonsense about how their mother would not launch them so they killed her off so they could become actresses. I'm sure all of this can be easily disproved online.

I know Madhuri has a lot of releases this year so we'll see if they do well. I can't see her enjoying politics either since she seemed pretty happy during her years abroad. 

That makes sense that Genelia would be liked for her looks and her husband's status as well.

Yes, I will watch Dia's movies after all the good reviews. I liked Anushka as an actress but her best performance for me was NH10 which she produced. I didn't care for her ghost movie and only watched half of it.

Raveena has the Padma Shri? Why lol? Certainly not for merit in acting.

Raveena's husband is Anil Thadani, one of the biggest distributors in Bollywood and affiliated with a certain political party. So she got lobbied for that award. Out of Bollywood actresses, Rani does deserve it, but more shockingly, so many South superstars have not gotten Padma Shri who did more for Indian Cinema than half the awardees. It's a sore topic. Even in Bollywood, Sridevi and Rekha took longest for their Padma Shris. Aishwarya got it earlier than then because the Bachchan(s) are on the committee. 

Babita is insane. There is so much on her. She really was a force because she turned her fortune around alone. 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

Raveena's husband is Anil Thadani, one of the biggest distributors in Bollywood and affiliated with a certain political party. So she got lobbied for that award. Out of Bollywood actresses, Rani does deserve it, but more shockingly, so many South superstars have not gotten Padma Shri who did more for Indian Cinema than half the awardees. It's a sore topic. Even in Bollywood, Sridevi and Rekha took longest for their Padma Shris. Aishwarya got it earlier than then because the Bachchan(s) are on the committee. 

Babita is insane. There is so much on her. She really was a force because she turned her fortune around alone. 

That explains it then because it makes no sense that Rani would not have the Padma Shri but Raveena would. Especially with Rani having two film families. It does seem like there is a bias against South stars which might be why Sridevi and Rekha took so long to get theirs. 

The main thing I know about Babita is that she singlehandedly stopped the Kapoor/Bachchan marriage