Why is Diwali release Tiger 3 trending worse then non holiday Pathan? - Page 2

Poll

Why is Tiger 3 trending worse then Pathan?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SakZ thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: AamirKingKhan

Okay guys, in all seriousness, it's time to discuss this matter in a serious manner.

strictly no trolling allowed!

If you want to make fun of Tiger 3 underperforming or Salman Khan being a finished star (after disasters KKBKKJ and now this underperformer Tiger 3) then i suggest you don't enter my topic and create your own troll thread. thank you.

lets discuss the matter at hand

Tiger 3, the OG Tiger returns after 6 years. Salman Khan, the god farther of Bollywood and certainly the god farther of the YRF Spy Universe. the man who's cameo single handidly made Pathan become an all time grosser. has released his movie on the biggest holiday of the year, solo release. everyone thing is in favour for this becoming the ATG in indian cinema and on the way it should break all single day collection records..

..yet it hasn't.. if anything, it's underperformed, badily. my question is why?

lets compare figures;

Day 1

Pathan released on a non holiday (wednesday) it made 55cr net

Tiger 3 released on a national Diwali holiday (sunday) and it made 43cr net

Day 2

Pathan on thursday (holiday) made 68cr

Tiger 3 - Post Diwali (biggest holiday in india) made 56cr

why has it underperformed so badily? how is a non holiday/festival release in Pathaan making more money then the OG Tiger himself on the biggest holiday of the year?

someone please make it make sense smiley18

P.S

Out of the two poll choices, i'm going with SRK has a bigger stardom then Salman. 

Because, as awful as Tiger 3 was, nothing is as bad as hamming Pathan.

Please don't troll, this is a serious discussion only.

first of all , salman khan’s cameo didn’t make Pathan a success. It was SRK’s comebacks after a long time. That simple reason alone is a huge difference. People were missing him and “universe” in India was getting popularity. So obviously when they made it as a universe it was refreshing. 

I don’t know what happened to Tiger 3 because I haven’t watched. I haven’t watched tiger 2 even though i loved tiger 1. I don’t care about yrf spy universe too. Because they haven’t established a proper universe now. They are making solo movies and including cameos just to form a spy verse. They need to find a common enemy so that there is a purpose for universe. 

I think if there is any difference in box office numbers the reasons can be :

1. Pathan had SRK’s come back after 4 years where Tiger 3 has Salman khan who has been giving back to back worst movies.

2. Mixed reviews. Pathan had mostly positive reviews. I am not talking about critics. Only public reviews. 

3. Pathan had less to zero competition from other industries especially considering srk has fan base. there were no big releases. But in case of tiger 3, a tamil movie is getting more appreciation which would affect tamil nadu and kerala collections. 

4. Release date. I think pn diwali day people might stay at home for puja. They should have released prior to sunday. 

SakZ thumbnail

Originally posted by: SakZ

first of all , salman khan’s cameo didn’t make Pathan a success. It was SRK’s comebacks after a long time. That simple reason alone is a huge difference. People were missing him and “universe” in India was getting popularity. So obviously when they made it as a universe it was refreshing. 

I don’t know what happened to Tiger 3 because I haven’t watched. I haven’t watched tiger 2 even though i loved tiger 1. I don’t care about yrf spy universe too. Because they haven’t established a proper universe now. They are making solo movies and including cameos just to form a spy verse. They need to find a common enemy so that there is a purpose for universe. 

1. Pathan had SRK’s come back after 4 years where Tiger 3 has Salman khan who has been giving back to back worst movies.

2. Mixed reviews. Pathan had mostly positive reviews. I am not talking about critics. Only public reviews. 

3. Pathan had less to zero competition from other industries especially considering srk has fan base. there were no big releases. But in case of tiger 3, a tamil movie is getting more appreciation which would affect tamil nadu and kerala collections. 

4. Release date. I think pn diwali day people might stay at home for puja. They should have released prior to sunday. 

5. Pathan’s marketing strategy was successful. I think tiger 3 didn’t get enough promotion especially outside india and in south india. 

Originally posted by: Coldplaying

Why are you using SRK for your filthy agenda driven posts? Please use Aamir Maamu for comparisons. 

Thank God that u r still an SRKian....humne toh socha ....ki Bhai fandom join kar liya tumne...smiley36

AamirKingKhan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SakZ

Sallu baba fans believe he was the reason for Pathans success

AamirKingKhan thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Thank God that u r still an SRKian....humne toh socha ....ki Bhai fandom join kar liya tumne...smiley36

he plays reverse psychology character now 

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Tiger 3 Bag script, Emraan Hashmi character. Promotion was bad.

Hrithik and Srk did cameo in the movie, was it really needed?

Pathan had Srk, John. Srk Deepika jodi is always a hit. People really enjoyed John in the movie Pathaan. Maybe it was something new to watch. 

Tiger 1 was the best, maybe tiger 3 was never needed.

AamirKingKhan thumbnail

No spoilers! 

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

The problem is whichever movie SRK plays a cameo, it falls flat. Same thing happened with LSC and several other movies. smiley18 Not everyone can be a Salman Khan playing a cameo and delivering a KKHH and a Pathaan.smiley14smiley17

AamirKingKhan thumbnail

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

The problem is whichever movie SRK plays a cameo, it falls flat. Same thing happened with LSC and several other movies. smiley18 Not everyone can be a Salman Khan playing a cameo and delivering a KKHH and a Pathaan.smiley14smiley17

salman should continue doing cameos. his starring films dont work anymore smiley36

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: AamirKingKhan

salman should continue doing cameos. his starring films dont work anymore smiley36

Baat SRK ke Hui uper, ye defence mein Salman bash karta hua smiley36