MasterChef India 7

What would you have made?

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

I see the daily discussion thread getting a lot of activity and we’ve been discussing the contestants dishes/menus.

I’m sure many of us think of what we would’ve made in that situation. 

Why not share it with the others?

starting with yesterday and todays episode - what would your menu have been for the four course Italian meal?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Andakadipatta thumbnail

From my very limited knowledge of Italian food, I would make:

1) Italian skewer kababs with pesto sauce as the starter

2) A pasta dish using fish. Like maybe a lovely baked fish with italian dressing and a butter sauce that I would toss the pasta with. With some side salad.

3) A casata cake for dessert.

4) And the very famous Affogato for cafe where I would give a strong bitter mocha with a silky orange/Sicily lemon gelato dumped in it just the way they have the Affogato. 

I would do anything but not serve pizza or tiramisu in a challenge like this. How basic would that be!

Deltablues thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I would have made grilled eggplant slices (taken it to a bitter yet creamy state), pair it with a tomato, pinenuts, olives, grilled mozzarella salad inspired by Caponata Siciliana for the starter.

A seafood italian stew with tomatoes, olive oil, chilli flakes and a barely there hint of Italian lemons with toasted  bread and evo to dip.

Dessert would have been a Torta Tre Monti  alternating with a clementine crème and 80% dark chocolate crème / Napoli rum babà

Café would have been a green coffee tiramisu/or a strong espresso with a simple vanilla gelato and honeycomb.crumb

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Edit : I just realised my café course would be just affogato with honeycomb. 🤣 Restaurant menus really be overselling the dishes lol.

Edited by Deltablues - 1 years ago
Deltablues thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: MommaMomma

From my very limited knowledge of Italian food, I would make:

1) Italian skewer kababs with pesto sauce as the starter

2) A pasta dish using fish. Like maybe a lovely baked fish with italian dressing and a butter sauce that I would toss the pasta with. With some side salad.

3) A casata cake for dessert.

4) And the very famous Affogato for cafe where I would give a strong bitter mocha with a silky orange/Sicily lemon gelato dumped in it just the way they have the Affogato. 

I would do anything but not serve pizza or tiramisu in a challenge like this. How basic would that be!

What protein would you use for kebabs?

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I would have made:

Starter - Bruschetta with trio of mushrooms (porcini, oyster and truffle) served with burrata with a pesto drizzle

Mains - seafood risotto with a side of arugula, cherry tomato and pear salad 

Dessert - Lemon semifreddo with a berry compote and candied pistachio crumble (I’d leave some uncandied) this would resemble the Italian flag (if I can get the semifreddo to look more white than yellow).

Coffee - Hazelnut flavoured espresso with a chocolate and orange biscotti 

Andakadipatta thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Deltablues

What protein would you use for kebabs?

I personally would use lamb along with some hard italian cheese, two types of zucchini, tomatos, onions and olives.

Andakadipatta thumbnail

We should do this for every team challenge. Just one page and already we have so many dishes to experiment and try! It's super fun! 😄

Edited by MommaMomma - 1 years ago
Raina101 thumbnail

What would you have made in the Mediterranean challenge? 
I would’ve made -

Mezze - Baba ganoush, beetroot hummus, tzatziki and Muhammara served with lavash/pita. I’d add grilled feta with a honey drizzle and black sesame, fattoush, grilled artichokes with a lemon and sea salt, dolma, grilled aubergine and I’d fill up the platter with olives (marinated if possible), figs, chopped cucumber and carrots.

Mains - salmon cooked with herbed butter and sun dried tomatoes. Served with a side of zucchini noodles with pesto sauce

Dessert - Crema Catalan 

Deltablues thumbnail

Mezze - Assuming they have Batzos, batzos with smoked watermelon and a honey-balsamic reduction, an uleavend bread made out of spelt and olive oil, babaganoush, a spiced hummus, a çilbir oyesters, olives.

Mains -  A lamb roast - marinated in a tiny bit of milk pepper, fish sauce, olive oil. I will score the fat with cloves. Then baste it with a red wine, grape must, dill,honey reduction. Pair it with a fresh cabbage, rue, coriander, and haloumi salad.

Dessert would be a grape cheesecake.

Raina101 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Deltablues

Mezze - Assuming they have Batzos, batzos with smoked watermelon and a honey-balsamic reduction, an uleavend bread made out of spelt and olive oil, babaganoush, a spiced hummus, a çilbir oyesters, olives.

Mains -  A lamb roast - marinated in a tiny bit of milk pepper, fish sauce, olive oil. I will score the fat with cloves. Then baste it with a red wine, grape must, dill,honey reduction. Pair it with a fresh cabbage, rue, coriander, and haloumi salad.

Dessert would be a grape cheesecake.

I didn’t know what batzos is and had to google it. It sounds exactly like feta. Are they similar?