Posted: 1 years ago

So, I watched it and i felt like the plot was so disconnected. Why would Shiva have visions of SRK and NagArjun instead of having visions of Dev? WTF?

Why and how did Isha fall in love with Shiva? and the plot would still work if not for her existence?

If Shiva could create aag from childhood itself, then  why did he get visions of Junoon and the other 2 monkeys so late?

The only good thing of the movie was Dev and Amrita, if they can cast someone greek godish (Read Hrithik thirst inducing Roshan) then I am in, Amrita is Deepika only, it is obvious.

Also, music was lame, such movies MUST have iconic songs, and this movie has none. At one point, i was also distracted by Dimple kapadia's wig, too white for my eyes and Alia is annoying, zero chemistry with RK, ek sadak chaap boy ke liye Isha actually went so far? kyu? i am sure in her land, daily aise 100 ladke in her family pandal sees her and says ILU, aisa kya tha Shiva mein? ajeeb love story

Originally posted by SteFanSalvaTor

So, I watched it and i felt like the plot was so disconnected. Why would Shiva have visions of SRK and NagArjun instead of having visions of Dev? WTF?

Why and how did Isha fall in love with Shiva? and the plot would still work if not for her existence?

If Shiva could create aag from childhood itself, then  why did he get visions of Junoon and the other 2 monkeys so late?

The only good thing of the movie was Dev and Amrita, if they can cast someone greek godish (Read Hrithik thirst inducing Roshan) then I am in, Amrita is Deepika only, it is obvious.

Also, music was lame, such movies MUST have iconic songs, and this movie has none. At one point, i was also distracted by Dimple kapadia's wig, too white for my eyes and Alia is annoying, zero chemistry with RK, ek sadak chaap boy ke liye Isha actually went so far? kyu? i am sure in her land, daily aise 100 ladke in her family pandal sees her and says ILU, aisa kya tha Shiva mein? ajeeb love story

in the next film he may have dev's visions

romance was very poor 

yes deepika is amrita. not sure about dev, maybe ranveer

I liked kesariya

ranbir alia don't have chemistry. isha's story doesn't make sense unless she has a selfish motive to go with him 

it was very disjointed,  basic theme was good and they spent lot on vfx etc 

but leads were mis cast, dialogues were mediocre and lot of loopholes 

srk, nag and ab sr carried off their roles with flair, doing larger than life roles is not everyones cup of tea, ranbir and alia can do real world, more natural roles, dont think they have it in them to carry these type of roles 

in 2nd part they have to polish all this

The only thing they seemed to have focused most on was vfx, everything else was so poorly written, the story, the dialogues, the script, even the acting by rk and alia was not good enough. Shiva and Isha were the most uninteresting characters, the supporting characters were more interesting.

Originally posted by zara321

The only thing they seemed to have focused most on was vfx, everything else was so poorly written, the story, the dialogues, the script, even the acting by rk and alia was not good enough. Shiva and Isha were the most uninteresting characters, the supporting characters were more interesting.

I agree, also Shiva was supposed to look larger than life and RK no way looked like that, instead it was difficult to swallow that he could be that powerful and Isha’s character had no head or tail 

Originally posted by vcs17

it was very disjointed,  basic theme was good and they spent lot on vfx etc 

but leads were mis cast, dialogues were mediocre and lot of loopholes 

srk, nag and ab sr carried off their roles with flair, doing larger than life roles is not everyones cup of tea, ranbir and alia can do real world, more natural roles, dont think they have it in them to carry these type of roles 

in 2nd part they have to polish all this

SRK and Mouni Roy sequence was really good, and when Shiva started having the visions during Mohan’s murder I really expected a mind blogging twist behind all these, but then the twist unfolded was so stupid and made no sense.

leads were heavily miscast and I really hope they cast someone larger than life as Dev, either Hrithik or Allu Arjun, my favorites deserve the best and Dev looks 200000000000 times more interesting than Shiva. I fear they cast Ranbir as dev again and it’ll be another disaster onscreen 

Originally posted by priya185

in the next film he may have dev's visions

romance was very poor 

yes deepika is amrita. not sure about dev, maybe ranveer

I liked kesariya

ranbir alia don't have chemistry. isha's story doesn't make sense unless she has a selfish motive to go with him 

please not Ranveer, again someone who can fit the larger than life build up .. from Bollywood I see only Hrithik and maybe John living up to that massive buildup even though John isn’t a great actor, otherwise they can go to Tollywood, Charan Arjun or even Yash will fit the aura 

What I find hilarious is that, Ranbir and Alia are considered the best actors of their generation and yet in this big “successful” movie they both have their careers most irritating performance. The acting was terrible and the worst thing about the movie. I also wasn’t impressed with SRK or any of the other stars. It seemed like a confused movie.

The franchise has potential, but needs better writing, better actors and possibly a better director!

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 1 years ago
Originally posted by SteFanSalvaTor

I agree, also Shiva was supposed to look larger than life and RK no way looked like that, instead it was difficult to swallow that he could be that powerful and Isha’s character had no head or tail 

And the whole story revolving around shiva and ishas love made it so weak, even at the end it was their love that made them win against junoon, there was no depth to their story or characters, no exploration of who they are as people, it was just them loving each other throughout the whole film, which made it boring 

Isha just met shiva and she believes everything he says, even agrees to go everywhere and anywhere with him, in just a few minutes she has decided he is the love of her life and shiva feels the same, unbelievable 

And the dialogues were just awful! Was ayan really making this film for kids? Even kids films have better dialogues 

Edited by zara321 - 1 years ago

I just saw it today and didn't like it at all.