Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Shah Rukh Khan declines Don 3 for now; looking to sign more films

khan.baba thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

After the debacle of Zero (2018), Shah Rukh Khan went into a long introspection mode and took a long time to decide on his next project. Bollywood Hungama was one of the first ones to break the news in October 2019 that he's in talks with South director Atlee for an out-and-out action film. This film, later titled Jawan, was signed by Shah Rukh followed by Yash Raj Films' Pathaan and Rajkumar Hirani's Dunki. The shoot of Pathaan is over and would be the first one to be released, on January 25, 2023. Jawan would hit cinemas on June 2 and Dunki on December 22 next year.

As the shoots are at the finishing stages, Shah Rukh Khan has once found started reading scripts for his films which would be released in 2024. And yet again, he's being very careful and taking his time to choose the apt project.

A source told Bollywood Hungama, "Shah Rukh Khan was offered Don 3. However, he turned it down.”

Don 3 is one of the most anticipated sequels. The first two parts were hits and fans loved Shah Rukh Khan in the role of a badass, stylish criminal. The source continued, "It’s not like Shah Rukh Khan didn't like the script. It's just that Shah Rukh was not fully convinced. He knows Don is an iconic role and would like to step back into the character once he’s completely confident of the script. The box office scenario is not very healthy and he wants to be doubly sure before signing on the dotted line.”

The source added, “As of now, Farhan Akhtar has gone back to the drawing board and we can hope that the next time he meets SRK, the superstar will happily sign Don 3. The fans would be on cloud nine. When the speculations around the film generated so much craze, imagine what would happen on the day the makers announce Don 3!”

https://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/bollywood/scoop-shah-rukh-khan-declines-don-3-now-looking-sign-films-jawan-dunkis-shoot-finish-months/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

angels_eyes thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I hope he skips Don 3… aren’t his upcoming movies all action movies? 

surajhere thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Good thing SRK declined Don3. He is now on an action spree.

Makers should reboot the franchise with a younger star who can also act a bit. 

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Arsalan_khan

After the debacle of Zero (2018), Shah Rukh Khan went into a long introspection mode and took a long time to decide on his next project. 

Imagine going into a long introspection mode to sign the same films you would have signed anyway

TitForTat thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Its time khans reinvent themselves and start doing roles according to their age. Time is not far away when production houses will start rejecting them. Audience is rejecting them anyways.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

I'm "audience", too...and I don't reject SRK... (so, we will see about generalisation next year).

TitForTat thumbnail
Originally posted by: Clochette

I'm "audience", too...and I don't reject SRK... (so, we will see about generalisation next year).

its your choice if you reject someone or not lol

When was the last time SRK delivered a hit?? 

So you not rejecting him doe not make any impact on the success of the movie. Its about what overall audience wants.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Maybe (as to your last line)...but what "overall audience wants" isn't really a yardstick - at least imo - as I vehemently doubt, that the "overall audience" distinctly knows what exactly it wants... too many stereotypical terms/perceptions fly around...

TitForTat thumbnail
Originally posted by: Clochette

Maybe (as to your last line)...but what "overall audience wants" isn't really a yardstick - at least imo - as I vehemently doubt, that the "overall audience" distinctly knows what exactly it wants... too many stereotypical terms/perceptions fly around...

yeah only you know what overall audience wants lol

Anyways i dont understand why you force your views on others. You can like khans all you want i dont care.

InaMeenaDika thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Good Decision by SRK. Agar itne saalon baad, satellite aur drone surveillance, biometric aur face recognition technology ke zamane mein bhi 11 mulkon ki police Don ko dhoond hi rahi hai toh phir laanat hai inpe.