Posted: 1 years ago

Yesterday I watched the complete movie for the first time and gotta say it's so well made and amazing. Was hardly bored for a single moment. The ending is supposed to be open to interpretations and many people have proposed different theories including the director but can someone explain what might have or exactly happened? I have read some other bizarre theories that Ayushmann's character concocted most of the story to gain his ex girlfriend's sympathy but I found it quite unreasonable, he might have lied about or fabricated the last part but I think the rest of the events did happen in the movie. What do you think? How did he get his eyes back? Did Murli's sister give his eyes to him after his death?Or did he go along with the doctor's plan? What exactly happened to Tabu? I couldn't reach to a single conclusion because it's indeed an open ending and nothing was shown objectively. 

Edited by infinity101 - 1 years ago

As you said, the movie's ending is open to interpretation. There's no conclusive answer. Everyone has their own opinion, and maybe it won't match with others'.

For me, I think he fabricated his blindness in the beginning and that was obvious. But for the rest, I think all d events as depicted happened.

Tabu dies, I think.

It was not an ambiguous ending at all. It was clear as crystal. Ayushman's character dies and his eyes are used to make Tabu see again. She was not blind because of the way she kicked the football at the end.

Originally posted by Lord_Voldemort

It was not an ambiguous ending at all. It was clear as crystal. Ayushman's character dies and his eyes are used to make Tabu see again. She was not blind because of the way she kicked the football at the end.

I think you saw a different movie. 

Originally posted by mintyblue

As you said, the movie's ending is open to interpretation. There's no conclusive answer. Everyone has their own opinion, and maybe it won't match with others'.

For me, I think he fabricated his blindness in the beginning and that was obvious. But for the rest, I think all d events as depicted happened.

Tabu dies, I think.

Tabu died that much was implied, but how did she die remains a question, was it the way Akash told us the viewers and Sophie, or did it happen the doctor's way. Nonetheless it's a mind blowing movie. 

Originally posted by infinity101

I think you saw a different movie. 

Tabu's character gets plastic surgery after being accused of murder, she flees the country and turns into Ayushman. This part isn't explained clearly in the movie and can be considered an interpretation.

Tabu's character gets plastic surgery after being accused of murder, she flees the country and turns into Ayushman. This part isn't explained clearly in the movie and can be considered an interpretation.

I thought it was all laid out rather clearly. Especially when Tabu (now Ayushman) accidentally starts signing her name as Simi and then swiftly corrects it. Though I thought it was a bit contrived that a blind man landed a major football league contract. 

Yeah well okay, sounds plausible. 

My interpretation :

Ayushman's character tells the story in 2 parts. The first part is true. The second part about the rabbit causing the accident etc is all a lie. You see that rabbit in the stick Ayushman's character is carrying in the present. So he just made that story up. 

He takes the opportunity of the transplant using Simi/Tabu's corneas that the shady doctor offers and gets his sight back. Still pretends to be blind in his new life. That's why he's able to kick the can at the end. 

Edited by trouble_006 - 1 years ago

sach bataun toh infinity dear mujhe toh yeh movie samajh hi nahi aayi 🥺