Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Isa_Rahman thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

Sallu has got it monumentally wrong and just handed Pratik the trophy. 

Isa_Rahman thumbnail

Sallu was worse. 

Isa_Rahman thumbnail

Sallu's attitude is even worse. 

Originally posted by: spicysagar

Nobody is making an issue on breaking the lock. 

The issue is with Pratik’s attitude.

What you said in BOLD statement is exactly the issue.

Pratik wanted to make this a big issue.

astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: NamelessKing

Finally a voice of reason. Many aspects to the whole incident have been completely ignored by people in IF who are hellbent on further their anti Pratik agenda.

For example, 

1)Vidhi already knowing that they were about to mess with the latch and going in anyway.

2) Vidhi not making any noise or giving any indication that she knew something was going on outside.

3) Vidhi changing her statement from "mujhe to bhanak hi nhi hua ki ye log latch tod rahe the. Mein bahar aake dekha" to "I was scared about what was going on outside"

Oh so she didn't even hear anything actually? I did get the feeling that she was shifting the whole discussion from one to another thing. Like first she only talked about destruction of property with her team and then later came up to ask Prateek to apologise because she was inside. It seems like this was an afterthought. And somebody wouldn't make such a big issue of an afterthought unless they were looking to create one. So, now I don't really know what to make of Vidhi. I used to think she's the innocent one out of them. 

4) Pratik initially said sorry when Vidhi approached him about it. All the other housemates ganged up on him anyway after that. So, he got defensive as anyone would do.

5) Everyone saying they knew his intention wasnt wrong but then highlighting it as "ladki naha rahi thi. Ye door tod raha tha bahar se".

Exactly!!! That's what irked me too. They said they understood his intention but instead of only criticising him for being too arrogant to apologise, they started saying he misbehaved with a girl. That was clearly making this an issue for the game.

6) Above all, Nishant was an equal participant in the entire incident but no one even once told him anything. Clearly, they were out to target Pratik only.

Damn true. Funny how Vidhi didn't feel like Nishant should apologise for the exact same action. And if she was really this sincere about this issue, why didn't she go to the one who was more level-headed rather than the one who is notorious for fighting everyone? Maybe she was looking for a fight? IDK. But if he didn't accept his mistake, she still could've gone to Nishant to tell him that he was wrong and should not have done that. But she didn't even consider it once. Talking about only her here because the rest of the housemates were obviously just playing the game.

7) Kundrra admitting to Nishant that he merely used the incident as an excuse to get the mattresses from inside the house. 

Makers showed everything. General public is also seeing everything including the points I listed. I dont expect the people on IF to understand though. Their minds are already made up that Pratik is wrong all the time.

Only posting this because you seem like a voice of reason. 

My comments are inline in blue.

Edited by astha36 - 2 years ago
astha36 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Biggboss15

Door can be breaked from outside also while tampering with the lock. Hence vidhi's concern and reaction was justified and not for once she or anybody said his intention was wrong. Everyone were angry at him for his pathetic and disgusting justification

No. That's not true. If doors could be broken just like that, then nobody would agree to be on a reality show with those many cameras because then an accident could occur even when somebody just tried to barge in, not knowing that someone is inside. Nobody would risk that scandal.

Also, the outside latch was completely separate from the inside lock. And they only removed the screws, didn't apply force. So, I don't agree that the door could have opened by chance. That chance is always there no matter what and I don't want to hold Prateek and Nishant responsible for that. There are a lot of things that can go wrong in a game like this. But when you are in it and playing, nobody really is thinking of all that. For god's sake, in those physical fights that we have seen throughout the seasons of BB, somebody could have been scarred for life, but those were given clean chits a lot of times for different reasons. Nobody sat down to analyse and nitpick like this that what were they thinking, they should have thought about what all could have gone wrong by chance etc. That is a very farfetched point.

astha36 thumbnail

Originally posted by: PyaasiChudail69

His action were entirely wrong. No justification can make it right. It’s totally up to Vidhi on how and when to react. That could even be her trigger to past trauma. So, yes, Prateek was totally wrong. 

What if while tampering lock door would’ve open? Scaring Vidhi for life. Kaun leta responsibility? Prateek. I doubt he even have that emotion.

He was In fact taunting Vidhi. On top of that trying to play victim, look everyone is cornering me, putting allegations on me.

Vidhi didn’t know what his intentions were, and that’s enough for to give someone a trauma of lifetime. So, yes, Prateek was totally wrong. 

I don't think doors open so easily. Especially in a show like BB, and if they do then the makers should be sued. That's not Prateek's or anybody's fault. Some people even bang the doors while others are inside, for drama or whatever. So what about that? Nobody has ever picked up this argument so I think it is pretty farfetched.

Like I said, it would be the decent thing to do to apologise for making someone feel uncomfortable but he was just thinking about the game and thinking he will not apologise when he wasn't thinking anything wrong. He should have, it would have been better for his game too actually. But that's his choice, but if his intentions are not in doubt then why is this such a big deal anyway? Aise toh bohot cheezo ke liye people don't apologise on BB. What if someone screaming made another person uncomfortable or feel unsafe or trigger a past trauma? Do you think the person who was screaming would really apologise on a game like BB? The history of BB is proof that nope.

astha36 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BasKahDia

You mean taking out latch was life and death situation for him. BB asked him to take out latch, else he will be nominated.

No, I didn't mean that.

astha36 thumbnail

Originally posted by: spicysagar

Nobody is making an issue on breaking the lock. 

The issue is with Pratik’s attitude.

What you said in BOLD statement is exactly the issue.

Pratik wanted to make this a big issue.

I think other people wanted to make this an issue, not Prateek. Yes, his attitude was the problem but that's only it. But the way people have reacted to the issue, talking about mothers and sisters and stuff, and then denying doubting his intentions is really ridiculous. Should've just called him arrogant cuz that's all it was.

astha36 thumbnail

Originally posted by: CobraKai1972

I agree with most of what you say, like had Prateek just apologised for making Vidhi feel unsafe as a result of his actions, the issue would have been done and dusted by now. 

A few points I'd like to add: 

Even though Vidhi did see him messing with the latch just as she was about to enter the loo doesn't necessarily mean she should've put two and two together about him continuing to do so even when she's inside the loo, taking a shower. I can honestly not fault her for having thought he wouldn't go ahead with his actions. I mean no one in their right mind would try to detach the lock of a washroom when a person is inside it. So I don't think she was switching her statement. 

No I don't agree. If she knew he was going to tamper with the latch, means she might have gone inside deliberately. Also, then his fear that people will stop him is not unfounded. So, actually he is then right in taking out the latch then itself. Maybe Vidhi wasn't giving this whole thing too much importance but then she should not put the whole blame on Prateek. If she didn't think that much, maybe he didn't either. That's all.

No matter how many locks are there on the inside of the loo keeping the room secure, the fear you feel when you hear someone tampering with the locks outside , while you're inside in nothing but your birthday suit is more than enough to scare your socks off. Also, people respond to situations differently, no two people's response to frightful situations will be the same, maybe you and I would raise our voices in hopes of making the other person back off, but not everyone has to respond in the same way, even though their response seems illogical to us. Vidhi may have been too shocked by his actions to even get a word out, imagine the numerous thoughts that would be running through her mind, listing every possible thing that could go wrong for her in off chance of the door somehow not holding up. 

So, like somebody said in another comment on this thread, Vidhi initially said that she couldn't even hear him taking out the latch. If that's true, then she didn't feel unsafe inside. She just got upset that he messed with the door when she was inside which I still support. It's her right to feel offended and she spoke up and that's cool. But I don't agree that she was so disturbed inside because when she came out, she was only talking about destruction of property and not really minding what he did as a safety issue. Also, I don't think she even thought of her safety in this case, more like that it's rude or indecent. 

Do I think it was wrong of Prateek to remove the latch? Yes and no. It was wrong of him to do if it is indeed considered destruction of BB's property. Idk what fits the bill for destruction as per the rules of the house so if the shoe does fit, then yes it was wrong of him especially when his wrongdoing led to 13 people being nominated, who had to bear the brunt of his actions. If this doesn't fit the bill for destruction of property then I believe he wasn't in the wrong for taking the lock off. 

HOWEVER, removing the latch when someone is inside the room, is wrong. The wrong here is the stress he caused the person inside. I guess that's what the whole issue boils down to, Vidhi just wanted him to apologise for the fear he caused her, she was never trying to malign his character. Had that been her aim, she could have ruined him and dragged his name through the mud easily by spinning the story in a slightly different way. Even whe she first narrated the ordeal to the other housemates, she made it a point to not say anything that would lead to Prateek's character being questioned. 

Again, I don't think she was stressed inside. She only got a little upset, that too after a while, after coming outside and conveyed it. Things only got so blown out of proportion because Prateek refused to apologise. She did not say that she was scared or there was any fear, just that it was not decent of him to do that. I don't think I will give her any brownie points for not putting false allegations on him. That's basic decency.

Prateek would have fared much better had he just apologised to Vidhi for making her feel unsafe by removing the lock. Had he done just this when Vidhi brought this topic up with him, it would have ended there. He did apologise, but there was nothing genuine about it. It was almost like he was mocking her. He was the one who said she was trying to paint his intentions in a bad light when she clearly stated that she never once did questioned his intentions behind doing so because she knew they weren't impure. 

It's true that the way he apologised, he was flippant about it. But I think he was more embarrassed than mocking her. He should have given a sincere apology. I think he had a chip on his shoulder from the Miesha incident earlier, that's why he got to such a hasty conclusion. Or maybe he wanted to milk this issue, I don't know, he's a player after all.

He would have been fine had he said, "Vidhi I apologise for having done what I did while you were showering, but I do not apologise for removing the lock. I'm sorry for my timing, it was in bad taste but not my action." And all would have been fine. Instead he got defensive, blurted out questionable sentences regarding being okay with his mother or sister facing the same. He basically severed himself on a platter to Karan and gang. 

No, he didn't blurt out those sentences. Vishal asked him repeatedly if he would be fine with someone doing this in his place and his mother/sister were in the washroom. To that, he said yeah it would be fine with me because it was only about the game, not the girl. So, he was actually manipulated into saying that.

I also think his actions further solidified Shamita's doubts about him not thinking his actions through and her fears about his actions bringing Nishant and her down with him. Like imagine BB had punished all 3 OTT members for Prateek messing with the bathroom door, what would he do then? Tell off BB and say even BB is against him? 

I like how Shamita deals with him. That's right, he doesn't think about anybody else but himself.

That's it, that's what I have to say. Thank you for listening, Bye.. 

My comments are inline in blue.

Ria23 thumbnail

I cannot believe people supporting prateek. I think that’s the problem with the country altogether. so when somebody is inside okay to tempered with the lock. How someone knows prateek intentions. Just because there were camera it is okay to say he was not doing with bad intentions.

And please people saying vidhi deliberately went inside. Please for god sake stop victim shaming. That’s disgusting. She did not thought that pratek will continue to do so when she was in the bathroom. Thats common sense and not ethical to temper door locks when someone is inside.

Edited by 07RB - 2 years ago