Prateek wasn't that wrong

astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

I just saw what happened in yesterday's episode. He took out the outside latch of the door. Vidhi was inside and the door was locked from inside. 

When Vidhi came out, she talked to Kundra and all and told them, he destroyed property. For a good five mins in the episode, everyone was only talking about destruction of property. Then Vidhi called Prateek and said that it wasn't okay that when she was showering he did that. And THAT is where I think Prateek should've immediately apologised even if that wasn't his intention. But he kept thinking that he didn't want to let anybody get the better of him. That was wrong. 

But I don't think it was that big of an issue actually since the door was locked and she was pretty safe inside. He didn't tamper with the latch to open the door. The way that latch was, taking it out made no difference to the inside lock at all. You don't have to apply force to take it out, only take out the screws. So, yes, he could've avoided someone being in the washroom for decency's sake but nevertheless it was fine. It's totally Vidhi's prerogative to take offence and to her he should've apologised, just because incidentally she was inside. Otherwise, his action had nothing to do with her. 

I know it is an unpopular opinion but I just felt I should voice it. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Also, one more thing. Prateek was telling Donal that Vidhi saw them trying to take the latch out. And he said he had to do it quickly and then Vidhi went inside. That's what he is saying. Which means she knew that he wants to take that latch out and went inside knowing this. In which case, if he waited for her to finish, people might've come and he wouldn't be able to do this. So, then she cannot even demand apology if this is true. This means she deliberately went to shower at that time.

If somebody was watching live feed and can clarify this, it'll be great.

Finally a voice of reason. Many aspects to the whole incident have been completely ignored by people in IF who are hellbent on further their anti Pratik agenda.

For example, 1)Vidhi already knowing that they were about to mess with the latch and going in anyway.

2) Vidhi not making any noise or giving any indication that she knew something was going on outside.

3) Vidhi changing her statement from "mujhe to bhanak hi nhi hua ki ye log latch tod rahe the. Mein bahar aake dekha" to "I was scared about what was going on outside"

4) Pratik initially said sorry when Vidhi approached him about it. All the other housemates ganged up on him anyway after that. So, he got defensive as anyone would do.

5) Everyone saying they knew his intention wasnt wrong but then highlighting it as "ladki naha rahi thi. Ye door tod raha tha bahar se".

6) Above all, Nishant was an equal participant in the entire incident but no one even once told him anything. Clearly, they were out to target Pratik only.

7) Kundrra admitting to Nishant that he merely used the incident as an excuse to get the mattresses from inside the house. 

Makers showed everything. General public is also seeing everything including the points I listed. I dont expect the people on IF to understand though. Their minds are already made up that Pratik is wrong all the time.

Only posting this because you seem like a voice of reason. 

Edited by Armu4eva - 2 years ago
smallwonder thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: astha36

Also, one more thing. Prateek was telling Donal that Vidhi saw them trying to take the latch out. And he said he had to do it quickly and then Vidhi went inside. That's what he is saying. Which means she knew that he wants to take that latch out and went inside knowing this. In which case, if he waited for her to finish, people might've come and he wouldn't be able to do this. So, then she cannot even demand apology if this is true. This means she deliberately went to shower at that time.

That is right. Even I saw that. 

I also agree, much has been made out of this unnecessarily. Karan himself said to Nishant that he knows pratik very well & he can never have any bad intention doing this, it was plain stupid - but you both have handed me a "mudda" and i will use it to get into the house. SO I think that puts an end to all discussion. The housemates just needed an issue to use and they got it. Its nothing more than that. 

RockingSunny thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail + 6

Door can be breaked from outside also while tampering with the lock. Hence vidhi's concern and reaction was justified and not for once she or anybody said his intention was wrong. Everyone were angry at him for his pathetic and disgusting justification

roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Vidhi did not know he'll be continuing his action while she was in the bathroom. The issue was that the door was being worked on while someone was taking a bath and it by accident could have opened. There is always a possibility of such when you are removing a part from a door. 

PyaasiChudail69 thumbnail

His action were entirely wrong. No justification can make it right. It’s totally up to Vidhi on how and when to react. That could even be her trigger to past trauma. So, yes, Prateek was totally wrong. 

What if while tampering lock door would’ve open? Scaring Vidhi for life. Kaun leta responsibility? Prateek. I doubt he even have that emotion.

He was In fact taunting Vidhi. On top of that trying to play victim, look everyone is cornering me, putting allegations on me.

Vidhi didn’t know what his intentions were, and that’s enough for to give someone a trauma of lifetime. So, yes, Prateek was totally wrong. 

FoodSmuggler thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I agree with most of what you say, like had Prateek just apologised for making Vidhi feel unsafe as a result of his actions, the issue would have been done and dusted by now. 

A few points I'd like to add: 

Even though Vidhi did see him messing with the latch just as she was about to enter the loo doesn't necessarily mean she should've put two and two together about him continuing to do so even when she's inside the loo, taking a shower. I can honestly not fault her for having thought he wouldn't go ahead with his actions. I mean no one in their right mind would try to detach the lock of a washroom when a person is inside it. So I don't think she was switching her statement. 

No matter how many locks are there on the inside of the loo keeping the room secure, the fear you feel when you hear someone tampering with the locks outside , while you're inside in nothing but your birthday suit is more than enough to scare your socks off. Also, people respond to situations differently, no two people's response to frightful situations will be the same, maybe you and I would raise our voices in hopes of making the other person back off, but not everyone has to respond in the same way, even though their response seems illogical to us. Vidhi may have been too shocked by his actions to even get a word out, imagine the numerous thoughts that would be running through her mind, listing every possible thing that could go wrong for her in off chance of the door somehow not holding up. 

Do I think it was wrong of Prateek to remove the latch? Yes and no. It was wrong of him to do if it is indeed considered destruction of BB's property. Idk what fits the bill for destruction as per the rules of the house so if the shoe does fit, then yes it was wrong of him especially when his wrongdoing led to 13 people being nominated, who had to bear the brunt of his actions. If this doesn't fit the bill for destruction of property then I believe he wasn't in the wrong for taking the lock off. 

HOWEVER, removing the latch when someone is inside the room, is wrong. The wrong here is the stress he caused the person inside. I guess that's what the whole issue boils down to, Vidhi just wanted him to apologise for the fear he caused her, she was never trying to malign his character. Had that been her aim, she could have ruined him and dragged his name through the mud easily by spinning the story in a slightly different way. Even whe she first narrated the ordeal to the other housemates, she made it a point to not say anything that would lead to Prateek's character being questioned. 

Prateek would have fared much better had he just apologised to Vidhi for making her feel unsafe by removing the lock. Had he done just this when Vidhi brought this topic up with him, it would have ended there. He did apologise, but there was nothing genuine about it. It was almost like he was mocking her. He was the one who said she was trying to paint his intentions in a bad light when she clearly stated that she never once did questioned his intentions behind doing so because she knew they weren't impure. 

He would have been fine had he said, "Vidhi I apologise for having done what I did while you were showering, but I do not apologise for removing the lock. I'm sorry for my timing, it was in bad taste but not my action." And all would have been fine. Instead he got defensive, blurted out questionable sentences regarding being okay with his mother or sister facing the same. He basically severed himself on a platter to Karan and gang. 

I also think his actions further solidified Shamita's doubts about him not thinking his actions through and her fears about his actions bringing Nishant and her down with him. Like imagine BB had punished all 3 OTT members for Prateek messing with the bathroom door, what would he do then? Tell off BB and say even BB is against him? 

That's it, that's what I have to say. Thank you for listening, Bye.. 

Edited by CobraKai1972 - 2 years ago
BasKahDia thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

You mean taking out latch was life and death situation for him. BB asked him to take out latch, else he will be nominated.

spicysagar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I just saw what happened in yesterday's episode. He took out the outside latch of the door. Vidhi was inside and the door was locked from inside. 

When Vidhi came out, she talked to Kundra and all and told them, he destroyed property. For a good five mins in the episode, everyone was only talking about destruction of property. Then Vidhi called Prateek and said that it wasn't okay that when she was showering he did that. And THAT is where I think Prateek should've immediately apologised even if that wasn't his intention. But he kept thinking that he didn't want to let anybody get the better of him. That was wrong. 

But I don't think it was that big of an issue actually since the door was locked and she was pretty safe inside. He didn't tamper with the latch to open the door. The way that latch was, taking it out made no difference to the inside lock at all. You don't have to apply force to take it out, only take out the screws. So, yes, he could've avoided someone being in the washroom for decency's sake but nevertheless it was fine. It's totally Vidhi's prerogative to take offence and to her he should've apologised, just because incidentally she was inside. Otherwise, his action had nothing to do with her. 

I know it is an unpopular opinion but I just felt I should voice it. 

Nobody is making an issue on breaking the lock. 

The issue is with Pratik’s attitude.

What you said in BOLD statement is exactly the issue.

Pratik wanted to make this a big issue.