Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PunjabE thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: silvermoonlight

I find all these shows to be absolute crap and rubbish

All the women in these shows are martyrs - to be stepped on, pushed aside and spoken to in any way

I am so sick of these shows -- women these days arent stupid village belles that cannot stand up for themselves...nowadays women snap back...be it mothers, sisters or wives

these shows are so damn outdated and stupid  😡

I'm right with you girl!!!  Its ridiculous to see this cr8p in dramas over and over again.  Indian women have evolved!!! Its about time they start showing that in a positive light!!

Sharmila75 thumbnail
Ok - I am going to put my two cents in....when I watched the first episode...I was stunned....I was like this was me....as teh episodes keep progressing and I keep watching, I can't help but cry and get angry at myself...My ex (notice I said ex)behaved exactly in that manner..and her I was an educated individual who can hold her own in any way and that too, living in Canada allowed herself to be treated this way. Trust me...it is a very difficult situation to get out of, but once out...very liberating....the last scene in last night's episode, where he asks her for forgivemess and tell her that he loves her...that is all that you ever wamnted to hear when in that relationship...that is what made you stay...then...boom!!! back to the old ways...all you ever yearned for was a simple loving touch...a gentle kiss....a smile....no woman ever deserves to be treated like that and should never be...I know for sure that i will not be!!!!

mahalaxmik thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Okay. The thing is that even in this day and age there are women who are being treated in this way. Maybe, this show will help them change their ways.

Secondly, there are the children in the show who misbehave with their mom. Maybe, their younger members of the forum will take guidance from  this show and look into their own behavior again.

Lastly, the target audience for this show is the middle aged woman, I think. I don't think every show is for, about, and regarding the likes and dislikes of the younger generation. Remember, the majority of all the tv watchers are the housewives. Maybe, they are not part of any forum, but they are nevertheless present.

So, I think we should live and let live. Those who like it will watch it and those who do not like the show are free to change the channel.

Having said that , I will watch it as I want to see Sujata change herself and get her self-respect back.Edited by mahalaxmik - 16 years ago
tumhari? thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
this show does show how life is for alot of the womens i have seen married peoepl around me act the same way and about womens being evolved you ar only taking about your self not all womens have go and see how hard it is to leave a man when you have two kids and got no where to go and i am sure sujata will stand up for her self and show a more powerful side of her but you have to give time for the serial to progress
avadvani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I guess each of us come from our own experiences and perspectives. to those who haven't seen this behavior or would condone it find it unacceptable. to some it may be what they have seen around them.

that's my last word on the subject for now !! btw i have not watched a single episode since the first day. will keep abreast of the story on this forum.. if it shows some change will go back and watch.
balhfan123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mahalaxmik

Okay. The thing is that even in this day and age there are women who are being treated in this way. Maybe, this show will help them change their ways.

Secondly, there are the children in the show who misbehave with their mom. Maybe, their younger members of the forum will take guidance from  this show and look into their own behavior again.

Lastly, the target audience for this show is the middle aged woman, I think. I don't think every show is for, about, and regarding the likes and dislikes of the younger generation. Remember, the majority of all the tv watchers are the housewives. Maybe, they are not part of any forum, but they are nevertheless present.

So, I think we should live and let live. Those who like it will watch it and those who do not like the show are free to change the channel.

Having said that , I will watch it as I want to see Sujata change herself and get her self-respect back.

agree..well said👏👏i like this show..this show is superrocking👍🏼