Ghar k kam krne se naukar nahi ban jate.Yet Anu continues to be a maid

usernameyrkkh thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

A homemaker gets served water & food by other family members. She can decline to make 50 different types of coffees & teas if she's not in the mood. She can buy achaar & paapad from the market if the work load is too much. She gets to take a break from chores & rest at her home after a surgery. She can choose to order food in if she's tired someday. She gets asked by other family members if she's taking her medicines on time. She can deligate work to other family members, without them actively volunteering. She gets to go on holidays, stay at her mother's place, & rest during peaceful afternoons.

When people say they don't want to become a maid like Anupamaa, it's very clear that this is what they mean. And yet, she continues to decline her uncomfortable reality. Chanting 'Ghar ka kaam karne se chote nahi ho jate' is easier than accepting that you're a lowkey maid to most people at your home.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweet_tania thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: usernameyrkkh

A homemaker gets served water & food by other family members. She can decline to make 50 different types of coffees & teas if she's not in the mood. She can buy achaar & paapad from the market if the work load is too much. She gets to take a break from chores & rest at her home after a surgery. She can choose to order food in if she's tired someday. She gets asked by other family members if she's taking her medicines on time. She can deligate work to other family members, without them actively volunteering. She gets to go on holidays, stay at her mother's place, & rest during peaceful afternoons.

When people say they don't want to become a maid like Anupamaa, it's very clear that this is what they mean. And yet, she continues to decline her uncomfortable reality. Chanting 'Ghar ka kaam karne se chote nahi ho jate' is easier than accepting that you're a lowkey maid to most people at your home.

I have never seen anupama went out for some nice dinner/ outings after her divorce. Before divorce situation was different but after divorce also she lives very unhealthy and abnormal life. 

There is only labour work and struggles in her life. I have never seen her spending peaceful time with her mother /brother after divorce, neither I saw her spending good time on herself after divorce. No friends ,no social life , no outings and no quality time with her own family.

All she is doing is “main kar lugi” and sets 4:00 AM alarm after divorce to keep harmony among other relations. Ghar ka kaam is not an issue, she has no other life is the issue. 

I mean anupama type woman should not be anyone’s inspiration in real life. Sane people neither wishes to befriend with anupama type person nor aspires to become like anupama. Kinjal is inspirational character as compare to anupama. 

Of course jo bhi anupama ki life ko dekhega, sab yahi bolege iske jaise nahi banna hai because life is not just for majduri and struggles. Anupama’s life summary is limited to only 2 words I.e. majduri + struggles. 

AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

I know my nana told me when I guess I was 16 types the day u stop learning and stop living yourself that day u are no more . I have always strived to be just Anji too. Do things that make me happy. 

Take time to read, cook what I like but others may not like and eat, order food in when I am sick . 

Emo I value myself I will never tolerate disrespectful behaviour from even older persons beyond a point I do give it back. At times I just do do my responsibilities but withdraw emo to heal to rework and get back 

When things get too much ..I tell myself it's ok to want something for yourself too..u are anji apart from daughter,sis,wife, bahu, friend and what not ..

There are some decisions in life that have alienated many except bro. But they have healed over time and now we have a different perspective and expectations from each other 

I have learned over time when to draw the line and most imp when to say no and mean it

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Drama Enthusiasts

By. Saying maid we are not meant to insult housewives and neither we meant ki ghar ka kaam karne se chote ho jaate hai 

By  saying anupama as maid we meant jaise koi maid ghar mein aati hai ghar ke log maid ko order dete hai ki yeh karo maid ko woh karna hota hai. Maid order nahin karti ghar ke logon  ki yeh karo 

Yahan anupama family member hote hue bhi sabke order legi aur sabki aagya ka bus paalan karegi  aur khud kabhi order nahin deti 

To jub anupama bus sabki aagya ka paalan hi kar rahi hai  free ho ke frankly hoke apne aap yeh nahin keh paa rahi hai aaj mein ghar ka kaam nahin karoongi  aaj mein apni favorite movie dekhne jaaongi to aise anupama ki position maid jaise hi hui 

I also do house hold chores but I am not obligue to  run 18 hrs at one feet.dailiy I can take break that without hesitatiojn if I am feeling tired or bore 

Just like other family member I am also family member just like other family member I have also right to enjoy my life

. Ham apne ghar mein frankly bolte hai ki aaj ham khaane mein saari cheeje in nahin banayenge but anupama family member hote hue frankly bol nahi paati  frankly wish nahin rakh pati

Edited by surabhi01 - 2 years ago
bookworm2 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

I feel before we call out on Anupama, we should see her background and her upbringing. When we have some support it is easy to put forth your views. Here she did not have an economically stable myka, her in laws went back on their promise to pursue her education. And on top of this constant abuse from MIL. Even though her FIL was kind, she did not get any concrete support. In this type of surroundings what do you expect. 

She did revolt after Vanya were caught redhanded. I like the way they are showing her taking steps towards her independence. The only gripe I have is they are still making her run around fulfilling everyone’s wishes. My request to cvs is to be little practical.have some semblance and make Anu more human. Make her learn to say no, learn to enjoy life, learn to prioritize herself. At the same time put some sense into Kavya. Make her responsible for her actions. She comes across as too clingy and wanting, basically mentally abnormal.

usernameyrkkh thumbnail

It's not about where she came from. It's about the fact that even after declaring independence and gaining confidence, this stuff is still not on her radar. She still hasn't even begun to realise how embarrassing her approach to household chores is. And at this point, she isn't a naive bahu anymore. She is actively choosing to get manipulated & burdened. In turn, she is setting up the same expectations for Kinjal & Nandini once Anupamaaa gets old.

Anyway.. There are plenty girls from unstable financial backgrounds who don't abandon their self respect after getting married. Anupamaa did, fine. That happens more often. But she still isn't demanding to be treated with basic empathy, let alone with the privilege of the daughter.

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: usernameyrkkh

Wow!wonderful thought..

This made me realize..I am not a maid 😆 Coz although I like to cook and clean , I never do it if my health doesn't allow or generally if I am not in a mood..u know..I am sincerely trying to explain this to my mil ke kaam karne se koi naukar nahi hota ,  and I fail everytime ..but her problem is over dependency on maids ...while I feel everyone must at least do basic work and not create a mess for others to pick up ...amongst all imp issues in life , if a person is stuck on "I was not asked a glass of water " , it's sick.  This is where anupama is wrong like u pointed out..let the family do something and they will only do it when anupama stop doing it ..there will still be enuf for anupama to do. 

Doing chores is very imp but I think everyone can manage some free time along with it ..I mean..they must.....but it also depends on how supportive the in laws are...I know some girls who r onto divorce now bec their mil expects them to cook after they return from the job..they don't even let her keep a maid who would cook even though they can easily afford..

One thing is certain..setting examples like anupama is disturbing..she can do it , but in normal life , one has to be a super woman to become like her.. its like..setting unrealistic expectations for the dil..and why would she ? The woman whose husband cheated on her , why would she continue to treat her  in laws like her parents? Itna kaunsa pyar hota hai?  The husband , sautan  ,In laws and bache and bache ki biwi bhi , and anupama continue to cohabitat , who does that 

Edited by _charu_ - 2 years ago