Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

u4tlu thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Myrah_2020

Yeah, but do you know if there is a source wherein Khanderao had affinity for music or mridangam?

I think Ahilya has appreciated his talent of music but it still felt somewhat felt token as if it was zabardasti or just for her sukoon. Yes, Ahilya is primarily glorifying herself. Even with Malharao, she first belittles him & when he completes her demands, she gives them the appreciation. Sure, the DIL should be respected & treated as equally as the son/daughter but Ahilyabai ki toh sirf farmaishe puri hoti h.  

as for musical talent of Khanderao Haven’t read anything in the Wikipedia pages . May be it is made up by TV people. Not sure. As for the part where Ahilya is listening to music and enjoying (???) herself that was after the time she pulled the donkeys tail to make it bray at his music. They are whitewashing her lack of knowledge of music as shown earlier. but it was not very convincing. Also the part where Khanderao feels insecure of Ahilyas “intelligence” my question is what is there to feel insecure? Let her learn she is your junior anyway even if she went to school. I don’t think real Khanderao will feel these things if his wife is intelligent. Those days men were proud and would treat their wives with pride and chivalry. Yes Ahilya uses Malhar as per her convenience whether it is for Renu or anything else. True she is shown as compassionate but pretty much nothing else.  😂 if she lived in gaon she would have gotten married and gone to sasural like Renu and  gotten scolded by mom in law like Renu May be gotten a husband who bullied her like Renus. Pretty much it was the same life for all girls back then. What favor did she do to Malhar that she agreed to go to the palace with him? As for Gautama she is typical new rich person but in those days relationships and community were held more valuable not money. I don’t think she would talk about rich background for her DIL so much as they show here.

Edited by u4tlu - 2 years ago
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

BTW, did Khanderao have affinity for playing the mridangam as it is showcased in TV? I believe there is less information on that too.

Yes, he was a good player of Mridangam and had a particular affinity to dancing/singing girls. There are numerous instances where Ahilyabai brought him from brothels where he would be indulged in all sorts of activities including alcohol addiction. 

It is historically verified, mentioned in local and court sources.

Sree0796 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DelusionsOfNeha

Yes, he was a good player of Mridangam and had a particular affinity to dancing/singing girls. There are numerous instances where Ahilyabai brought him from brothels where he would be indulged in all sorts of activities including alcohol addiction. 

Thanks for this info.

Then I guess the show's portrayal of rebellious and arrogant Khanderao is not inaccurate, although it's a bit frustrating to watch.😆

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Almost true! 

I still don't have enough information on Gautama bai, in show she is too much :(

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Oh wow. Thanks for sharing.

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Almost true! 

I still don't have enough information on Gautama bai, in show she is too much :(

There were some sources that proclaimed her to be supportive of Ahilyabai but again reliability is at question here. Anyways, because we don't have much sources on her toh khaali bhartan bajane ka no point. I do know that she was a cousin of Malharao. 

Edited by Myrah_2020 - 2 years ago
u4tlu thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

There were some sources that proclaimed her to be supportive of Ahilyabai but again reliability is at question here. Anyways, because we don't have much sources on her toh khaali bhartan bajane ka no point. I do know that she was a cousin of Malharao. 

. Matlab  lab kya hai iska? Who plays khali  Bartan? CVs or anyone else? 

Edited by u4tlu - 2 years ago
KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Originally posted by: u4tlu

. Matlab  lab kya hai iska? Who plays khali  Bartan? CVs or anyone else? 

Arey, khaali bhartan in the sense there is limited knowledge on her. CVs are playing khali bhartan on glorifying her for unnecessarily and sometimes as viewers or someone interested in knowing the information yet there are limited sources (of which some are verified and some aren't) toh kabhi kabhi lagta h that whether it is true or not. Sometimes lagta h as if hum khud khaali bhartan bajare h with limited knowledge. 

If there is verifed information,  then sure. But the way the education track, cultural representation track, etc they get messed up toh khud CVs khaali bartan bajate rehte haina.

prernacda thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Agree*,

Read 3 sources, was educated when married! By dad,

Even dwarka was rolling eyes when Ahilya started her father's lecture...

Very irritating now...