Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NidhaA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

There are probably a handful of Indian shows , where the character arc is properly fleshed out. Most angry young man - sweet young woman stories have little in terms of character arc. 

The saddest part to me though is the potential in the characters backstory and in the actors. How did a man from a well bred background end up as a Don ? He has jewellery business and real estate business (extrapolating from the mall thingy) - both ample grounds for showing shady deals. When you say someone is a don, it goes without saying that person is morally grey. How far is Raghav Rao willing to push his soul? All this and more can be done with Raghav’s character.

As for Pallavi - it would be a treat to see her relationship with Mandhaar explored. She loves his family, so logically she should’ve loved him too. There’s no discussion of that though. At times it feels like someone completely unrelated to her died rather than her husband. Her conflict between attraction towards RR and guilt of betraying her husband’s memory would be such a visual treat! Alas all this will mostly remain in my head.

Piccadilly thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SRKian

Ek dam to the point 👏

I have a huge issue with current pallu characterisation which I'm very vocal about so I'm not gonna  go on a rant about it again😆

About raghav I agree. I've been saying the same thing since the start of lion track for both raghvi.I need raghav to show signs that he's getting affected by her. The only a few times he showed signs were during that hair smelling scenes and the dressing scenes...the car blast wala epi where he was concerned for her safety it doesn't fall under romance coz he was more worried for her just coz he didn't want to take another death blame on him.

The lion track all together messed up pallu's character for me and the track gone all wasted tbh.I miss the pre-covid pallu😭

But with raghav I won't say he flips as such as pallu does. Raghav makes up for all his flipping with reasonable things..like he has valid reasons imo. Unlike pallu who keeps flipping god knows why🤪 

And agree with you. Makers should also focus on shivi more. The pair is loved because of both SaiShi...only cashing on Sai is not fair to Shivi.They both deserve equal love and adoration from the team and the fans❤️

Exactly true what you said about car blast scene . Even I felt he was worried bcause he didn’t want another death blame on him . I didn’t feel as if he was more worried about her safety than blame . What the things he do like saving her from goons or helping her with abortion blame is adding to his swag more than his concern for Pallavi . The hair smelling scenes and dance sequence was an exception .

Piccadilly thumbnail

Originally posted by: UmIbrahim

There are probably a handful of Indian shows , where the character arc is properly fleshed out. Most angry young man - sweet young woman stories have little in terms of character arc. 

The saddest part to me though is the potential in the characters backstory and in the actors. How did a man from a well bred background end up as a Don ? He has jewellery business and real estate business (extrapolating from the mall thingy) - both ample grounds for showing shady deals. When you say someone is a don, it goes without saying that person is morally grey. How far is Raghav Rao willing to push his soul? All this and more can be done with Raghav’s character.

As for Pallavi - it would be a treat to see her relationship with Mandhaar explored. She loves his family, so logically she should’ve loved him too. There’s no discussion of that though. At times it feels like someone completely unrelated to her died rather than her husband. Her conflict between attraction towards RR and guilt of betraying her husband’s memory would be such a visual treat! Alas all this will mostly remain in my head.

Exactly, makers had so many tracks and angles to show other than this stupid abortion and from there hate marriage . First they need to establish the characters and then they should show tracks . Here the show is hardly 50 episodes and marriage happening . After marriage what are the tracks left to show once after they fall in love and that will be another misunderstanding, separation and leap etc and this will move round and round .

Piccadilly thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shiney19

I felt the relationship between Raghav and Pallavi was developing well when all the deshmukhs were off isolating with covid. They showed their caring nature and they seemed to be warming to each other. As soon as the family came back it went straight to hate again which was weird. It was like those episodes and relationship development didn’t even happen. It didn’t make sense, it was like those nice episodes were just fillers until the rest of the cast came back. Honestly, I didn’t even watch all of the episode yesterday because I knew what was coming. I’m getting a bit fed up of the constant family drama and Pallavi misunderstanding Raghav. She just shouts at him all the time just to impress her Baba. I just want to see the amazing chemistry again. 

Very true 😊

VikAth thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: chullbulli

Ek tha raja Ek thi Rani..dono mil gaye KHATAM KAHANI.. 

I personally do not want Raghav to fall in love or be affected by pallavi so soon.. this is only 50th episode. this is not soulmate story and he is a man with shades of grey....

THE MOMENT THEY CONFESS AND BECOME  lovey dovey couple...they are doomed. the serial will have to bring in drama..

next step would be divorce, misunderstandings, babies and mom in law dirama..

so if teh choice is between how hard and with difficulty  DON FALLS IN LOVE AND OH DON HAS REFORMED BECAUSE OF PALLU GENTLE NATURE.. i will choose the first option...

Don must show, anger, jealousy, possessiveness, INABILITY TO EXPRESS, denial... each emotions deserves at least 25 episodes..

then it should end.. 

instant love is something the spoilt Kahan hum kahan tum.. 

hope they don't do that here.

I think what we have found is that RR is capable of emotion. And his desperation to get Pallavi out of the country is an emotion after all. We don't want him to fall in love with her now,  but in recent episodes he has shown a level of care for her. So has she. Then why is there so much inconsistency between their characters. It would have been justified if there was some monologue for RR where he feels in danger of changing his mind about Pallu, so more than hate it is stubbornness that is influencing his overall feelings for her.

Plus RR learnt that Pallu is an orphan and still no reaction? A 5 second look of shock would have done wonders. Remember he too lost a father and disowned by his mother so he must know the feeling of being an orphan. This was a wasted opportunity.

SRKian thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Piccadilly

Exactly true what you said about car blast scene . Even I felt he was worried bcause he didn’t want another death blame on him . I didn’t feel as if he was more worried about her safety than blame . What the things he do like saving her from goons or helping her with abortion blame is adding to his swag more than his concern for Pallavi . The hair smelling scenes and dance sequence was an exception .

Right!Even with the abortion clear up he did it more for his amma 's sake than pallu😆 I don't see any emotional connection from his side...there are a little physical attraction yes but zero on emotional ground. Pallu however not only physically attracted to him she's also emotionally invested in him for reasons best knows to her 🤪😆

Piccadilly thumbnail

Originally posted by: SRKian

Right!Even with the abortion clear up he did it more for his amma 's sake than pallu😆 I don't see any emotional connection from his side...there are a little physical attraction yes but zero on emotional ground. Pallu however not only physically attracted to him she's also emotionally invested in him for reasons best knows to her 🤪😆

True, even I felt so 

Piccadilly thumbnail

Originally posted by: VikAth

I think what we have found is that RR is capable of emotion. And his desperation to get Pallavi out of the country is an emotion after all. We don't want him to fall in love with her now,  but in recent episodes he has shown a level of care for her. So has she. Then why is there so much inconsistency between their characters. It would have been justified if there was some monologue for RR where he feels in danger of changing his mind about Pallu, so more than hate it is stubbornness that is influencing his overall feelings for her.

Plus RR learnt that Pallu is an orphan and still no reaction? A 5 second look of shock would have done wonders. Remember he too lost a father and disowned by his mother so he must know the feeling of being an orphan. This was a wasted opportunity.

Tat orphan comment just got wasted. Makers are more interested in hurrying up to marriage tat they are missing many loose ends 

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Agreed, they can be utilised better and the journey needs to be flowing so we know what is happening on BOTH sides for us to configure the plot too. 

Too many loose ends, too many inconsistencies, too much fam drama. 

Kabhi kabhi samajh nai aata ho kya raha hai ☯️