Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: cheers2all

Is that right? I was wondering which one should I watch first. No contest now smiley36

It reminds so much of IPK. 

But the conclusion was kind of disappointing I felt. Some characters did not get a good closure or was not even shown what happened 

Meerkat thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: canapoem

But the conclusion was kind of disappointing I felt. Some characters did not get a good closure or was not even shown what happened 

Not only IPK. It brings to mind every boss secretary romance drama we have. But IPK was more wholesome? 

At first I was very taken with this Turkish drama. First few episodes or so but then gave up on it. Good looking actors. Sizzling chemistry. Not to colour your opinion but... Too much in your face romance? I don't know.  I wish things were a little toned down and more subtle. And there would be more meat to the whole plot. Everyday she dresses up, he is bowled over by her beauty... kind of gets repetitive. But that's just my opinion. 

I remember sooo many people liking the serial. It was all the rage in those days. People writing fanfics, making videos so it could be just me being fussy. Maybe I gave up too soon and judged too harshly. 

Meerkat thumbnail

Originally posted by: bakwas_serial

Glad you clarified in detail. I would have otherwise assumed that Junior Engineer is a job title 😘. 

It can be a job title as well if the company opens vacancies for Diploma Engineers, they would be called Junior Engineers only. 

Edited by Ginnosuke_Nohar - 3 years ago
Meerkat thumbnail

Originally posted by: p4peppa

You disappointed me Nishith. Bagal mai girlfriend and flirting with another girl! Not suited to you my charistmatic brooding man. But why do we find logic in the matters of heart. 

Loving their cute banter, but seems every good thing has an end, Kirti has come back to reality of him having a girlfriend. And in anger we don't think, we justify us. Now he is a girlfriend stealer and random person. Hurt begets hurt. She is safegaurding her heart. What is his motivation to pursue (?) Her. 

What Kirti said about not having in depth knowledge, resonated with me. Just a cursory glance at the headlines, and I am happy with affairs of the world. The whole recent political turmoil got me in to thinking about myself. I see around me and find that married ( or not) women are Not expected to have knowledge/ understanding of politics. They are not deemed fit to have a worthy discourse on anything supposedly intelligent. Not to generalize, but I feel we women 'let go' of a lot of things after marriage. 

For Kirti, it is her life circumstances and may be lack of stimulating environment which doesn't allow her to delve much into things beyond roti kapda aur makan. That is why she is an extraordinary woman, who holds her own against(?) someone who has the 'luxury'of thought.

Letting go of things is because of the new responsibilities. There's only this much energy one has.

Not just you, me or Kirti. Most of the people, men-women alike just cursorily glance at the headlines. 

All those yapping on internet, I wonder how many people really look at the whole thing before speaking their mind. Every point has pros and cons. So to go on without knowing both the sides is a grave error.

I felt personally attacked when one the female Bolly actors was asked if she has read the bill, and she changed topics. I thought that makes me a hypocrite as well. Let me also read the whole thing first before forming an opinion.

Married, Unmarried men and women, we are all alike. Too distracted, too lazy, jumping on buses that suit our beliefs and agendas.

I like to see interview of common people pre election days. And you see so many rural women, women behind purdah expressing their views very confidently. It doesn't matter bigoted or liberal, everyone has an opinion based on their conditioning, upbringing, the dining room discussions. 

Women just don't get the medium to  express much. 

I have seen men having no interest at all in politics and cricket. 

So, yes, maybe it is against the expectations, but as long as one has the luxury of time, real interest, and a keen ear - mind, no knowledge is beyond you especially when everything is just a click away.

If Kirti finds herself lagging, there has obviously been circumstances at play, but much of it has been a result of her own self victimization and letharginess. There have been people who have been at worse places than her and achieved greater things because they refused to give up and kept at it. 

Meerkat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ssanjinika

Thank you for the suggestion. Will watch it. Currently, I am in the process of watching this Chinese historical saga, The Rebellious Princess. It is all about Political machinations with a romantic plot at its core, set during some imperial period. Though, I think it is fully fictional. So far, it is interesting but at 68 episodes, I wonder if I will have the patience to sit through it. Anyways, let's see. 

I haven't caught up with the story in a couple of days.  Shall do that now. 

I have watched only one fantasy Chinese drama - Ten Miles Of Peach Blossom. 

Among modern ones - A Love So Beautiful

Yes, some of Cdramas are really long having over 70-80 episodes. And I have a very small attention span. I tend to give up on dramas very easily.

Meerkat thumbnail

Woah!! Looks like I will be busy for a long time 😁

Thanks for taking the time to provide all the links. I prefer the dubbed version to subtitles only because it allows me to multitask. Speaking of subtitles, do you watch Korean dramas?

Yes, subtitled dramas demand complete attention.

Korean dramas I was recommended on India Forums only. So, i have watched quite a lot. But this year I have hardly watched any. There's a 10 episode small drama Writing Your Destiny that seems interesting so maybe I will invest some time there.

The thing is that in a day you can have only one all consuming hobby. You can either write or watch. This whole month I was busy shaping up this story so I found no need to look for any other thing. 😆

Which are your favourite actors and dramas?

Meerkat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ssanjinika

|slapping my forehead| Oh God!! Kirti's dimaag toh teez daudti hai par in the opposite direction!!!

Imagine putting the image of Nishit and her being siblings into his head 🤢 

Hai re Nandkisore!!!!

I loved the chapter 'A 90s villain. The connection I am sure was felt when Nishit opened up about his thoughts and feelings a bit. And Of course, it ended on a sour note. 

'You are sick! If you'd allow me to remind you, you picked me up twice the other day. You were helping me, right? No ulterior motive, was there?'

This sentence cracked me up, then led me to wonder if she was really that clueless or she was fishing. For some reason, I am leaning towards her really being that clueless. 

They have the chemistry, no doubt! Now, I want to see how they work it out.  

I loved the chapter ending with him resting his head on her shoulder too. And what song was it? I can't seem to place the song with these lyrics. 

Hum Toh Deewane Huye From Badshah movie. The mentioned lyrics comes late into the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryxeZdtfo1I

Shereen_J thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hey GN, finally caught up with all the chapters. Was little busy since last few days.

No need to say that I loved reading them all along with all your discussions :) 

Now we are getting to know Kirti and Biplab more. While her brother is more pragmatic and have positive thinking towards life. Kirti is weighed down by her failures. And after listening to Nishit's success, she is feeling more disappointed with life. Hopefully she feels more confident and work for her job.

cheers2all thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: canapoem

Originally posted by: Ginnosuke_Nohar

Not only IPK. It brings to mind every boss secretary romance drama we have. But IPK was more wholesome? 

At first I was very taken with this Turkish drama. First few episodes or so but then gave up on it. Good looking actors. Sizzling chemistry. Not to colour your opinion but... Too much in your face romance? I don't know.  I wish things were a little toned down and more subtle. And there would be more meat to the whole plot. Everyday she dresses up, he is bowled over by her beauty... kind of gets repetitive. But that's just my opinion. 

I remember sooo many people liking the serial. It was all the rage in those days. People writing fanfics, making videos so it could be just me being fussy. Maybe I gave up too soon and judged too harshly. 

@Kavi @GN

So I watched first 7 episodes of Aşk Laftan Anlamaz. It felt promising in the beginning, but I lost interest after a while. The cast is mesmerizingly beautiful and the acting is good too. But I find most of their fights and arguments silly. I don't particularly have any issues with clichés provided it is well made. Could not feel the connection  with this one. It could also be because I am watching the dubbed version. I haven't even reached the romance part yet smiley36But based on both of your reviews, I won't be missing much if I don't continue 😁 I am definitely interested in watching the other one, for which you posted the video yesterday.

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

@Kavi @GN

So I watched first 7 episodes of Aşk Laftan Anlamaz. It felt promising in the beginning, but I lost interest after a while. The cast is mesmerizingly beautiful and the acting is good too. But I find most of their fights and arguments silly. I don't particularly have any issues with clichés provided it is well made. Could not feel the connection  with this one. It could also be because I am watching the dubbed version. I haven't even reached the romance part yet smiley36But based on both of your reviews, I won't be missing much if I don't continue 😁 I am definitely interested in watching the other one, for which you posted the video yesterday.

I had started watching it then to know what the fuss was all about. Lost interest very soon😆