Is Virat & Sai’s marriage an “open marriage” like open relationship? - Page 5

Poll

Is Virat and Sai’s marriage an “open marriage” ?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

laksh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: idkwhattoput

obv she won’t, Virat and Sai are end game and that’s what we all want but that’s a whole another topic. 

but this is about the contract, as long as the deal is there they’re both not accountable and allowed to, as per the deal. 

It's not just what we want but what they want as well somewhere deep down. 

I would still say that it doesn't matter whether they are accountable or not.

raji02 thumbnail

i always had this question in my mind. what if sai and virat didn’t have feelings for each other. what if virat continued to have feelings for pakhi and sai fell in love with someone else.they are both too principled to even think of an affair outside marriage. would they have continued in this loveless marriage or gone separate ways if that day came?

i don’t think it is an open marriage. for me it means that the partners would be free to pursue other relationships. virat and sai might not have thought about all of these at the time of their marriage but if they do not fall in love and there was a chance of them finding happiness with someone else, both of them are noble enough to let go of other person. 

i think both of them would never consciously seek love outside of their marriage. but incase any one of them falls in love with someone else(or in virat’s case if he still loves pakhi) the other would never hold them back. the reason why sai tolerates pakhi even though she is never ok with them. also, virat might be jealous of some guy that sai befriends, but if she were to fall in love with someone else virat would never hold sai back in a marriage where she is not happy.

AninditaB thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

I literally don't have idea what made Virat to say yes to the marriage as myself haven't watched the initial episodes before their marriage in Ghkkpm. 

But, I'll try to provide my two cents in this topic.

Okay first let us go by the definition of an open marriage;  it means it's a type of relationship where a partner can freely engage with another person outside the marriage. Virat and Sai put forth conditions to each other, 1. Virat will love a person and Sai should not expect any husbandly love and duties from him. 2. Sai will leave Virat once she gets to be a doctor i.e. after 5 years, but they didn't put any condition ya deal that they'll have any relationship outside marriage. I don't know if having feelings for a person can be considered as a basis for open marriage or not. May be they entered the marriage thinking to be an open marriage (if we consider the emotional side, Sai could have also fallen in love with a different person, most common being in a love less marriage and being a teenager) but after a point of time they didn't. Now it's as close as any relationship can get.

Now coming for Sai's love, i.e. she can fall in love with any other person. But why? Why can't she fall in love with Virat first? Virat didn't harm her any way, didn't abuse her even, he supported her when needed even going against his family, why Sai couldn't fall in love with him? Both didn't do any harm to each other, so obviously they'll give each other a chance, before seeking love outside the marriage. 

Virat loving Pakhi is different, I don't think so if he would have gotten much affected if Pakhi was married to a stranger, he most probably was affected much because she was his brother's wife whom he'll see everyday and his heart will pain thinking about the lost love (that Pakhi apparently thinks, sadly). If she was married to a different person, certainly there would not have been any promise thing and he would have definitely move on from her, he gave the promise so that his brother's life isn't wasted.

Moreover, he didn't have any intention of any open marriage, otherwise there was an ample chance to be in a relationship with Pakhi, where Samrat isn't present in the scene. Why he would go and seek love outside, when the person in his heart is in front of his eyes and his wife has no problem. Or when he can try to move on with his wife, why would he go for a different girl?

So even if both entered the in the marriage with an intention of open marriage situation, now their marriage is a close one. 

Virat gets affected if Sai talks with a boy and Sai too presses on her rights as his wife before Pakhi..

Idk what I rambled now, but yeah that's my two cents for the topic.

FUITV thumbnail

Originally posted by: 404_NotFound

If it was open marriage as per their deal , Sai would not be effected because of Pakhi claiming rights on her husband and Virat would not be jealous of Aniket . Sai has given permission for Virat to flirt , let’s see how she will react when Virat tries flirting with other girl 

I don’t think they thought about all this while striking the deal but from day one they knew one thing .. they will remain loyal to each other . 

Did you see her expression when he said in the last sairat gift scene that the money was for his second marriage ?

Sai will probably jump on anyone who openly flirts with her husband and Virat I don’t even have to say. 

404_NotFound thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: notaquitter

Did you see her expression when he said in the last sairat gift scene that the money was for his second marriage ?

Sai will probably jump on anyone who openly flirts with her husband and Virat I don’t even have to say. 

Oh yes I noticed it 😂.. she was so pissed . She probably knew he was joking but even then she couldn’t hear about his second marriage. Virat we have seen what he does when he is jealous. 😂😂

I had mentioned this in Janaki’s post long long ago . On their wedding night , Virat was planning to talk to Pakhi outside the room and she wouldn’t be disturbed with that because she had to change first and then sleep . She stopped him from leaving the room and the reason she gave was not convincing . She felt people would gosssip if they found Virakhi at night chit chatting. Why would a deal wife worry about what his family would think about him . It was evident she was effected . Virat a deal husband decided to stay back and not move a inch when wifey ordered not to go out . It’s pretty evident from that scene it wasn’t meant to be a open marriage . Sai could have ignored , changed and went to sleep . Virat could have walked out . 

Edited by 404_NotFound - 3 years ago
FUITV thumbnail

Originally posted by: 404_NotFound

Oh yes I noticed it 😂.. she was so pissed . She probably knew he was joking but even then she couldn’t hear about his second marriage. Virat we have seen what he does when he is jealous. 😂😂

I had mentioned this in Janaki’s post long long ago . On their wedding night , Virat was planning to talk to Pakhi outside the room and she wouldn’t be disturbed with that because she had to change first and then sleep . She stopped him from leaving the room and the reason she gave was not convincing . She felt people would gosssip if they found Virakhi at night chit chatting. Why would a deal wife worry about what his family would think about him . It was evident she was effected . Virat a deal husband decided to stay back and not move a inch when wifey ordered not to go out . It’s pretty evident from that scene it wasn’t meant to be a open marriage . Sai could have ignored , changed and went to sleep . Virat could have walked out . 

The first paragraph is why I love sairat. The minute change in expressions that both of them are so good at.

ssoujanya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

No.....this is not part of the deal....

The deal is.....they are not allowed to keep any expectation from other as husband and wife...she can leave after she becomes doctor....and he has promise to keep....that's all...

Sai even though doesn't show but she is effected and tried to exercise wife rights in the early days of their marriage....like she told him that if he wanted to talk to pakhi he can but not in their room, not liking Pakhi's interference in their talks or issue's etc.,

In the episode where complaint was registered against him....she told him that he can tell her his problems and not make a issue infront of pakhi....

And virat, we know how possessive and jealous of sai....clearly visible in Amay and 'jo bhi khet' issue....

So there is no question of 'open relationship'.....

Edited by ssoujanya - 3 years ago