Is Virat & Sai’s marriage an “open marriage” like open relationship? - Page 4

Poll

Is Virat and Sai’s marriage an “open marriage” ?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: idkwhattoput

No Sai doesn’t need to annul the marriage, Virat can love someone else while being married to Sai so she can do the same, as per the contract, he said he cannot be her husband and she said she cannot he his wife and during the Amey incident she emphasised on, “it doesn’t matter who I flirt with, what is it to you?”

And before that during Pakhi leaving house incident or Pakhi Virat talking incident Virat reminded, “Why are you acting like a jealous wife? This is just a deal. Even if I talk to pakhi what is it to you?” 

Answer these questions then I will answer urs.

1) why sai agreed to virat's condition ?

2) what made virat put this condition ?

3) was virat dying to marry sai ? So to test her patience he kept such conditions?

laksh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Sai didn’t know about this whole Pakhi — Samrat — his brother — saga, what she knew was that he was in love with someone else and the villagers forced Sai and Virat into this marriage and neither did Virat tell her that his “love” was actually his sister in law, or a “married woman” so as per the deal, from Sai’s end, she gave him the permission to love anyone, flirt with anyone (Amey incident) or have an affair with anyone (Virat emphasising on “why are you acting like a jealous wife it doesn’t matter who I talk”) ?

Ok, Sai did not know. Why do you think Sai didn't want to know? Did she ask him and he never answered or she never asked him? Have you ever thought why she was okay with this kind of a marriage? Yes, she was forced by her well wishers but what was it that it didn't bother Sai even if he had a relationship?

The below is the fact and my understanding and worded perfectly by Hedwig_potter in Fruitcustard's post. 

"Considering Sai didn't want to marry him in the first place, this was ideal for her. She doesn't have to be his wife."

Sai never wanted to get married, definitely not this early. She only wanted to become a doctor. Virat's marriage proposal really never mattered to her because she never intended to get married anyway. So, with whatever proposal he made, she was relieved that he wasn't expecting her to be his wife and she doesn't have to be his wife and she can concentrate on achieving her dreams.

Even if she had any feelings for him, even if she felt bad when he said all those, she didn't let it surface. She thought "anyway I didn't want to get married, how does it matter whether he loves someone else or not. "

Sai did not or will not feel bad in future too thinking, that if he can love someone else, why not me. She is not going to think will I be allowed to love, can I love someone or what if I fall in love with someone else. Love cannot be planned, whereas he had already loved someone and so he had to let her know about the promise he made.

Next thing, if not for the promise made to Pakhi, do you think Virat would have told Sai whatever he has now said?

He himself felt bound by a promise, wanted to respect it and so let her know. If he had only loved Pakhi and they part ways with no promise in picture, Virat would havs simply married Sai, but would have said that he had a past and nothing else.

Virat had already promised Pakhi and even when he hated to go against the promise, he was reminded of his promise made to Kamal sir and decided to take care of Sai as promised to Kamal sir. 

Did he actually not refuse to marry her when they first proposed it? Did he not leave GC? When did he decide to marry her? Only after she committed suicide right? It shook him, it made him realise that if he left her alone, anything could have happened to her and he will not be able to fulfill the promise he made to Kamal sir.

Even then he had a conflict in his mind as how he is going to keep the promise he had made to Pakhi.

As much as you don't like it or no one like it, probably Virat himself, he thought Sai anyway doesn't want to get married, so it shouldn't be a problem if he decides to keep the promise  made to Pakhi since all that was expected out of him was to take care of Sai. He will be able to do both. He never thought if he can continue to love Pakhi or not, if Sai can love someone or not.

Just two concerns to be addressed at that point of time

- Keep promise made to Pakhi

- Keep promise made to Kamal sir

Whatever happened later, his jealousy or her jealousy or his insecurity or hers came into picture only when reality hit them. They never expected that it would be difficult for them to not have any expectations from each other.

I am not saying it is not tough for Sai to get married with such conditions but it wasn't easy for Virat too to get married to her. He married her for her welfare. 

Edited by laksh - 3 years ago
idkwhattoput thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: laksh

Ok, Sai did not know. Why do you think Sai didn't want to know? Did she ask him and he never answered or she never asked him? Have you ever thought why she was okay with this kind of a marriage? Yes, she was forced by her well wishers but what was it that it didn't bother Sai even if he had a relationship?

The below is the fact and my understanding and worded perfectly by Hedwig_potter in Fruitcustard's post. 

"Considering Sai didn't want to marry him in the first place, this was ideal for her. She doesn't have to be his wife."

Sai never wanted to get married, definitely not this early. She only wanted to become a doctor. Virat's marriage proposal really never mattered to her because she never intended to get married anyway. So, with whatever proposal he made, she was relieved that he wasn't expecting her to be his wife and she doesn't have to be his wife and she can concentrate on achieving her dreams.

Even if she had any feelings for him, even if she felt bad when he said all those, she didn't let it surface. She thought "anyway I didn't want to get married, how does it matter whether he loves someone else or not. "

Sai did not or will not feel bad in future too thinking, that if he can love someone else, why not me. She is not going to think will I be allowed to love, can I love someone or what if I fall in love with someone else. Love cannot be planned, whereas he had already loved someone and so he had to let her know about the promise he made.

Next thing, if not for the promise made to Pakhi, do you think Virat would have told Sai whatever he has now said?

He himself felt bound by a promise, wanted to respect it and so let her know. If he had only loved Pakhi and they part ways with no promise in picture, Virat would havs simply married Sai, but would have said that he had a past and nothing else.

Virat had already promised Pakhi and even when he hated to go against the promise, he was reminded of his promise made to Kamal sir and decided to take care of Sai as promised to Kamal sir. 

Did he actually not refuse to marry her when they first proposed it? Did he not leave GC? When did he decide to marry her? Only after she committed suicide right? It shook him, it made him realise that if he left her alone, anything could have happened to her and he will not be able to fulfill the promise he made to Kamal sir.

Even then he had a conflict in his mind as how he is going to keep the promise he had made to Pakhi.

As much as you don't like it or no one like it, probably Virat himself, he thought Sai anyway doesn't want to get married, so it shouldn't be a problem if he decides to keep the promise  made to Pakhi since all that was expected out of him was to take care of Sai. He will be able to do both. He never thought if he can continue to love Pakhi or not, if Sai can love someone or not.

Just two concerns to be addressed at that point of time

- Keep promise made to Pakhi

- Keep promise made to Kamal sir

Whatever happened later, his jealousy or her jealousy or his insecurity or hers came into picture only when reality hit them. They never expected that it would be difficult for them to not have any expectations from each other.

I am not saying it is not tough for Sai to get married with such conditions but it wasn't easy for Virat too to get married to her. He married her for her welfare. 

Assuming all of this is true ^, it’s still an open relationship (as I’ve defined above) where they’re free to love anyone (even if only “in the hearts”) apart from each other b/c clause of no expectation, no commitment 

laksh thumbnail

Assuming all of this is true ^, it’s still an open relationship (as I’ve defined above) where they’re free to love anyone (even if only “in the hearts”) apart from each other b/c clause of no expectation, no commitment 

I am very curious to understand why do we have to understand whether it is an open marriage or not.

Open relationshiop

- Virat can love anyone

- Sai can love anyone

Then what? I am sorry, I am lost, where are you getting to?

idkwhattoput thumbnail

I am very curious to understand why do we have to understand whether it is an open marriage or not.

Open relationshiop

- Virat can love anyone

- Sai can love anyone

Then what? I am sorry, I am lost, where are you getting to?

There’s no point to prove, just wanted some views on whether it’s an open relationship or not OR IF it’s an open relationship at all. 

laksh thumbnail

There’s no point to prove, just wanted some views on whether it’s an open relationship or not OR IF it’s an open relationship at all. 

It is not a point, there should have been a purpose behind why you wanted to know right? 

And if there is none, I would say doesn't matter whether it is open relationship or not. 

idkwhattoput thumbnail

It is not a point, there should have been a purpose behind why you wanted to know right? 

And if there is none, I would say doesn't matter whether it is open relationship or not. 

Ohhh nothing specific, I was just thinking about certain things, many scenes, one of them like today Ashwini reminding Sai she’s only here to be a doctor and to stay out of the family’s matters so it reminded me of the original deal which is still there because Virat hasn’t confirmed that it’s off so Sai is actually free to find love anywhere and not accountable to Virat (even if Virat gets jealous) just how Virat isn’t accountable to her (like Sai saying that day “Pakhi Didi you can come in virat sir doesn’t mind you coming to our room”)

laksh thumbnail

Ohhh nothing specific, I was just thinking about certain things, many scenes, one of them like today Ashwini reminding Sai she’s only here to be a doctor and to stay out of the family’s matters so it reminded me of the original deal which is still there because Virat hasn’t confirmed that it’s off so Sai is actually free to find love anywhere and not accountable to Virat (even if Virat gets jealous) just how Virat isn’t accountable to her (like Sai saying that day “Pakhi Didi you can come in virat sir doesn’t mind you coming to our room”)

Let's keep the deal aside.

Do you think Sai is going to find love even if she is free to find? 

idkwhattoput thumbnail

Let's keep the deal aside.

Do you think Sai is going to find love even if she is free to find? 

obv she won’t, Virat and Sai are end game and that’s what we all want but that’s a whole another topic. 

but this is about the contract, as long as the deal is there they’re both not accountable and allowed to, as per the deal. 

Harinivas thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

ITV ke writers itne dur ka nahi sochte