Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aryapdane thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: _charu_

Bang on ๐Ÿ‘ I dont feel the motivation for adding anything but since it's about content , you're so so correct . 

They say we create shows for masses , bec this is what sells, audiences say this is what the itv is , give or take , this is what we r getting so deal with it. It's a vicious cycle . Besides kzk2, I haven't come across a trashier show in recent times .a prime time show with popular leads , stellar cast and a producer. Things were not so bad ,half way through god knows what bugged them..

Problem.is , ml and fl may be like these but at least bring SOME kind of variation in their behavior sometimes. Kuch toh akal ka use karte, kabhi toh kar lete to make it believable. I dont have an issue with weak characters but where a man who is educated  , he has clout , money, power , and in the serial they said he is smart also, why does he have to be weak? A well educated woman who is courageous etc etc why does she have to be at her man's feet worshipping him? Their biggest mistake , they never really considered the option of a third man or a woman , thy made the third angels so ridiculous that audience were like "stay with each other and ruin each others life for all I care" . People can be good at heart , they can be shrewd at the same time , selfish, go getters. Ye thodi na hai ke ya hero hota hai ya villain. Ya heroine ya vamp. Nothing in between . N yahan villain n vamp ko they show as serial killers or clowns. N leads ko they show as dumb ppl who only talk about love  action mein zero.

They made diya adopted. Hadh hai.  Rofl ! Anurag is ThE man bec he didnt touch any other women. Big deal, which generation are we living in ? Leads dont care for social weddings still they wasted 5 mins in the last epi to do the formalities. Why?the fl went from I hate you to I always loved you after hearing his sob story in 5 mins. No questions asked  , no answers seeked, no apology demanded no apology rendered. 

Seriously, how does it matter how it ended , tg it ended . The journey of lovers was pathetic so to speak. N this is one of the rare serials for whom I am saying this. I am a sucker for happy endings, audience deserve it if they invest their emotions in the characters. But arre , journey toh theek dikhao unki.  

This is where kzk2 failed ..its not like bhagyas or rishtas or top rated serials have stellar stories . Thy work bec thy create a balance. Hero heroine do foolishness also, sometimes they're smart , sometimes clever n villains vamps too  , their is an arc for them ..that's daily entertainment. Kabhi bekar bhi hua kuch epis , audience dont mind. They correct it. Here is was never corrected.

You're so right. Being a ML or FL on itv now means that you have to be stupid. At least earlier the writers would put some effort in thinking up scenarios where the audience could go like, 'yeah, I see why he/she would do this. If I was in their place, I'd do something similar.' Now toh, the writers don't care at all. Kuch bhi likh do, kya jata hai kisika? 

I personally want to understand the reasons for the Naveen Babu track as it was also the first track of the show. They chose to show Prerna as the martyr who agrees to marry NB for the happiness of her family and Anurag, noticing that Prerna really doesn't want this marriage decides to get to the truth of the matter. No wonder we connected more to Anurag in that phase because anyone would feel ki if I was in that situation, I'd behave more like Anurag and not Prerna. My point is that this track instead of introducing us to the two leads of the show, introduced us to Anurag and his love interest, Prerna. What I can infer from the media articles is that EK was adamant on Hina Khan as komolika even though she didn't have any dates. So first there was delay of her character's entry and then she had to leave abruptly. So the third woman wasn't established properly. 

Now coming to the third man, Mr. Bajaj. He couldn't be brought in the picture earlier because the show had failed to establish Prerna outside Anurag's influence. Also, the NB track had shown us that Prerna was prone to giving in to these sort of pressures. So there was no mystery. Had they shown her as some who wouldn't bow down to NB's blackmail and win against him on her own terms, during the Bajaj track we could have some tension that Prerna might just succeed in defeating Bajaj. So the Bajaj track was useless.

So as far as I see it, this show was doomed from the beginning. The only good thing in the starting episodes was Parth's portrayal of Anurag. But later even that was ruined for me. Anurag's character made me dislike Parth while Parth as Manik is just the epitome of sexy. 

Diya was adopted? Lol I didn't know this. So we're supposed to hail Anurag for all this actions because he didn't touch another woman? Uggghhh, how bad this serial was. I don't think anyone can make a serial worse than this. This should go in ITV Hall of Fame as the epitome of being the worst serial ever made. 

I don't know about happy endings man but I'm happy that it ended. I don't think I could have dealt with any more of the crap that they dished out. 

Totally agree with you on the point about the bhagyas.. 

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: oa2019

i came across the same hence why i posted. this is the drawback of glorifying ML's actions in every show, it results in viewers associating that negative male & often misogynistic behaviour with the emotion of love. Prernas behaviour was a reaction to Anu's actions so she was completely justified. BUT her pain doesn't compare to Anu's, the FL's emotions & actions have to always relate positively to the ML or she is vilified ๐Ÿ˜’

even male viewers get influenced, men will see it as justification of how they treat women in relationships because they're in love & know that women will forgive & accept them back.  it's the wrong message to give to both genders ๐Ÿ˜”

Agreed with your points in the context of the problematic ITV content barring kzk2. Made the exeption because the FL's so-called pain in this show was a bloody joke. People get a lot more agonized over the loss of a pencil box.

edkvf thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

The title perfectly shows the ending of the show that real kasautis are themselves .

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: aryapdane

I personally want to understand the reasons for the Naveen Babu track as it was also the first track of the show. They chose to show Prerna as the martyr who agrees to marry NB for the happiness of her family and Anurag, noticing that Prerna really doesn't want this marriage decides to get to the truth of the matter. No wonder we connected more to Anurag in that phase because anyone would feel ki if I was in that situation, I'd behave more like Anurag and not Prerna. My point is that this track instead of introducing us to the two leads of the show, introduced us to Anurag and his love interest, Prerna. What I can infer from the media articles is that EK was adamant on Hina Khan as komolika even though she didn't have any dates. So first there was delay of her character's entry and then she had to leave abruptly. So the third woman wasn't established properly. 

Now coming to the third man, Mr. Bajaj. He couldn't be brought in the picture earlier because the show had failed to establish Prerna outside Anurag's influence. Also, the NB track had shown us that Prerna was prone to giving in to these sort of pressures. So there was no mystery. Had they shown her as some who wouldn't bow down to NB's blackmail and win against him on her own terms, during the Bajaj track we could have some tension that Prerna might just succeed in defeating Bajaj. So the Bajaj track was useless.

So as far as I see it, this show was doomed from the beginning. The only good thing in the starting episodes was Parth's portrayal of Anurag. But later even that was ruined for me. Anurag's character made me dislike Parth while Parth as Manik is just the epitome of sexy. 

Diya was adopted? Lol I didn't know this. So we're supposed to hail Anurag for all this actions because he didn't touch another woman? Uggghhh, how bad this serial was. I don't think anyone can make a serial worse than this. This should go in ITV Hall of Fame as the epitome of being the worst serial ever made. 

I don't know about happy endings man but I'm happy that it ended. I don't think I could have dealt with any more of the crap that they dished out. 

Totally agree with you on the point about the bhagyas.. 

You said it. ๐Ÿ˜ณ How much more are we gonna miss that parth ? It hurts so I wont talk about it. 

But yes. Naveen babu track established anurag as the knight in shining armour  , the regular trope of heroine falling for the hero ...all the ladies fall for men who protect them. But surprise came in the next track where  pre was the knight , protecting anurag from komo ๐Ÿคฃnext was anurag as the knight next was pre as the knight rofl !  

Question stays ,if they r this smart why couldn't they protect themselves ?once in a while it's ok but everytime ? They took turns in getting fooled/majboor/blackmailed and other person depended on the sindoor.dupatta soulmate nonsense to ensure that the love is still there and half shadi too...like..alternately their brains went on hibernation for 6 months..... Limits were crossed in bridge kaand. So it was done that while the villain/vamp makes a fool out of the one , the other will fight back . Last track mein ye bhi nai hua hence the epic failure and shut down lol 

As a viewer  , I want to see what I was promised. If I was promised soul love I should see it. If I was promised rail ki patri I should see it. If I was promised revenge I should see it..I want to see a hero as a hero  , a heroine as a heroine and vamp as a vamp in a mindless entertainer like this....they tried to sell.toxic love as soul love. They tried to sell their third angels through half and one fourth shadis. N revenge was an epic joke as witnessed by all.

Makes me think the reason behind ektas passion behind what she calls her favourite "love story ". I am sure in reality or inside her head , the story didnt play out the way it did in kzk2. 

Edited by _charu_ - 3 years ago
oa2019 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

You're right about Moloy and Mohini. Now that's a love story I want to see happen on my TV screen. Both are deliciously flawed but they work when they are together. But this show had to ruin even that for me.

i would love to watch a show on them two, they seem like a flawed couple who worked very hard on making their relationship work.  i remember when RB mentioned how Moloy took over Mohini's dad's business, painting a picture of a shrewd Moloy in his yester years. Now that i would love to see 

oa2019 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hari73

Very sensible post tm๐Ÿ‘

This is very common in patriarchical society.   Glorifying n justifying men in every possible way and finding fault in female even in her good things.

E.g.. reaction on prerna saving anu in car accident (though it was very dramatical), and fans called her irresponsible mother instead of praising her bravery.     And some fans accusing prerna that she was sleeping in same room with bajaj.  So disgusting views on female.  But I hv not seen any such accusations on anurag.  it's a shame that but the CV's are partially to blame here.  i remember Prerna threatening & slapping Komo for attempting to kill her baby & everyone was all praises for her sassiness. but the very next 2 weeks Komo made an elaborate plan to kill her & she did NOTHING,  JUST KEPT MUM she went from 'jungli billi' to 'bheegi billi' in 2 weeks ๐Ÿ™„ the CV's never let her keep her sass & bravery intact.

And I really hope fans thinking is limited to this serial and actor.  Hope they don't apply their thinking in real life. you would hope so. but i remember when in a live Erica chose RB over Anu & the uproar it caused was unbelievable  people were personally attacking her, even females, it was horrible ๐Ÿฅบ can't believe people couldn't or wouldn't distinguish Erica from Prerna, the girl is allowed to have a personal preference & opinion for God's sake ๐Ÿ˜’

oa2019 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

Agreed with your points in the context of the problematic ITV content barring kzk2. Made the exeption because the FL's so-called pain in this show was a bloody joke. People get a lot more agonized over the loss of a pencil box.

@bold lol that's the best comparison I've heard ๐Ÿ˜†

Brule thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

@  bold 1: This is especially true for the character of Prerna. She comes across as the most poorly treated character in this whole mess. She didnโ€™t yearn to meet her family for 8 years? Two men get away with calling her a cheez in front of her and she doesnโ€™t bat an eyelid! She should have hit the roof or something after a comment like that. But sadly the writers donโ€™t believe in a woman with any agency, especially for the lead. 

@ bold 2: Without a semblance of a story, what else could one expect? Depending on fandoms to provide the ratings without bothering to write anything of substance. How long can the fans provide TRPs. No wonder all sets of fans rejoiced the end of the show, all actors can move on to do something better. 

About the last paragraph, there is a saying in Hindi " Yatha raja tatha praja", as is the king so are the subjects. It is a vicious cycle, we the audience are the feeders. 

Finite shows are what we need. We have tried emulating the West in everything so why not adopt this too? Otherwise it's impossible to write these shows, what with the trp trends demanding that everything be changed at the drop of a hat. Kzk2 had the added burden of not having been written at all to it's shoulders. It was like people would show up on sets and go, "what do we do today?". Also the serial suffered because it never tried to create a fanbase of itself. No one watched KZK2 for the show. Everyone watched it for their favorite star. No wonder the ratings of the show fluctuated so much. 

About the violence aspect, you're right. It just takes a collective stand by people to create awareness about these abhorrent elements. However, as you said, without regulations from the government, nothing will happen. They'd do anything to make money. 

Brule thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I am just glad that the writers did not make her apologize. Given how poorly she was treated in the show and by the writers, it was completely possible that she would be made to apologize for having misunderstood him. 

Originally posted by: Hari73

I so wished to see in the end anurag on his knees asking forgiveness.  But it's ok..show had no time and consoling myself that thankfully cvs didnot show pre forgiving immediately n they showed pre not trusting anu.  Some mercies theresmiley36

surbhi1995 thumbnail

Can I just say that both anurag and prerna had the hero/heroine complex.Both think that they have to solve everything without communicating with others especially with eachother.

I just want to put my views.

I don't lije sacrifices seriously I always feel that fight till the end.just don't let it go at any cost until u can fight.

But if I really have to look at anupre before bridge act (as story after bridge never make any sense to me).though before bridge was also stupid but still u can connect.

Anyways before bridge act,both anurag and prerna were equals.Neither of them were victim nor abuser.

komo1 and bjaj1 track

anurag sacrifice for prerna ,same prerna sacrifice for anurag.

Both of them played god for eachother.Both were absolutely wrong.

Anurag left prerna after physical intercourse point is he had zero idea about her pragnancy.lets be practical every physical intercourse strike rate is not 100% . similarly prerna left anurag without telling him about their child.

Prerna slapped anurag when he humiliated her and their love.Similarly anurag slapped prerna when she humiliated him and their love.

Prerna was desperate for answers duriing anu komo weddind .same was the case with anurag.

Prerna never accepted anu komo wedding.sane with anurag.

Prerna stalked him.same with anurag.

Both of them were equal and I don't see why I have to see anurag as abuser and prerna as victim or vice versa.

If pre sacrificed for anurag then anurag also sacrificed for pre.And mind u none of the sacrifice was needed.

So why different pedestral of both of them.

In ml track ,I don't see anywhere where anurag did anything with pre without her permission.

So basically we I look at this show being absolutely gender neutral,then neither of anupre were saint.both committed mistakes,both of them hurt eachother.More or less both of them were on same page.