ML's hero complex??? - Page 6

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hari73 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: surbhi1995

Can I just say that both anurag and prerna had the hero/heroine complex.Both think that they have to solve everything without communicating with others especially with eachother.

I just want to put my views.

I don't lije sacrifices seriously I always feel that fight till the end.just don't let it go at any cost until u can fight.

But if I really have to look at anupre before bridge act (as story after bridge never make any sense to me).though before bridge was also stupid but still u can connect.

Anyways before bridge act,both anurag and prerna were equals.Neither of them were victim nor abuser.

komo1 and bjaj1 track

anurag sacrifice for prerna ,same prerna sacrifice for anurag.

Both of them played god for eachother.Both were absolutely wrong.

Anurag left prerna after physical intercourse point is he had zero idea about her pragnancy.lets be practical every physical intercourse strike rate is not 100% . similarly prerna left anurag without telling him about their child.

Prerna slapped anurag when he humiliated her and their love.Similarly anurag slapped prerna when she humiliated him and their love.

Prerna was desperate for answers duriing anu komo weddind .same was the case with anurag.

Prerna never accepted anu komo wedding.sane with anurag.

Prerna stalked him.same with anurag.

Both of them were equal and I don't see why I have to see anurag as abuser and prerna as victim or vice versa.

If pre sacrificed for anurag then anurag also sacrificed for pre.And mind u none of the sacrifice was needed.

So why different pedestral of both of them.

In ml track ,I don't see anywhere where anurag did anything with pre without her permission.

So basically we I look at this show being absolutely gender neutral,then neither of anupre were saint.both committed mistakes,both of them hurt eachother.More or less both of them were on same page.

Story was tolerable  before bridge kand.   After that heneous act story went into drains.  I really don't understand what was the need for bridge kaand if they wanted to justify from next day itself.   They could hv rooted other way too.  If he had just said, sneha may not be his daughter, pre would hv seperated from anu forever.   And after bridge kand, they made anurag pathetic.  They made anu egoistic n rude after leap.  I really hated that anu who was ill talking to pre.  After leap, don't know what cvs were writing.  Anu was pathetic that way, pre's pathetic revenge.   I felt cvs were taking revenge on us..😆

Anyways story ended..

Hari73 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Brule

I am just glad that the writers did not make her apologize. Given how poorly she was treated in the show and by the writers, it was completely possible that she would be made to apologize for having misunderstood him. 

Even I was apprehensive about it.  Thank god, cvs had mercy on us.  I could enjoy last 2 episodes.  

mily_mathew thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: oa2019

hi everybody i just wanted to put across my thoughts on the aspect of the ML being a hero.  these are my own views & thoughts remaining completely neutral. I don't like Anu's characterisation (will explain below) the only reason i find him tolerable & somewhat likeable is Parth's portrayal. 

so starting with Anu's character, he's a ML with a hero complex, this is a dangerous thing & makes him exactly the opposite of what he's intended to be, a hero. having a hero complex is when one feels they are personally responsible in saving people.  he started of as a compassionate guy who wanted to save a friend, Prerna, from a mistake (wedding in NB track) & when she fell in love with him, it further reinforced the idea of him being a hero.  so when the next Kausauti came along, his hero psyche jumped into action & without talking to Prerna, he made the decision to act alone to save her.  with his reinforced idea of being her saviour he felt his actions were justified. (i know some will say that Prerna taught him about sacrifice in love 🙄 but this is about Anu's psyche, not hers). another point to be noted is when Prerna told him about 'Thornbird' he took that idea literally & merged it with his hero complex to create an image of an ideal hero that Prerna wants.

in Bajaj1 track he lost his wits & senses & acted out of character because it was Prerna who had become his saviour.  he believes his identity as a hero/saviour was taken from him & was at a loss of what to do. when the reveal happened, it confirmed that he was THE HERO & the girl still loved him, he didn't even need to show GRATITUDE. (i would have preferred if he had apologised & grovelled to Prerna, she deserved that at least 🙄)

the next Kasauti, 'the bridge' was the biggest one.  he had to make a decision not just for Prerna but his daughter as well. his HERO/SAVIOUR complex made him feel that he was completely justified in making a decision for Prerna's life without consulting her.  he knew that all said & done, Prerna will forgive & return to him one day. 

that's exactly what Prerna does everysingle time. it's a dangerous narrative that i believe,  is the same across the ITV board.  it reinforced the idea that as long as the ML/MAN does anything & everything in the name of love, he should be forgiven. there's no real difference between the ML & another male character or their actions, EXCEPT THE LOVE TAG. the narrative is pushed that if your submissive & forgiving like Prerna, you'll get someone like Anu who'll love you madly 😒

i know this is REEL & only entertainment but when you have almost identical shows on every single channel it affects the REAL. I've seen many viewers, not just female, justify Anu's actions, because he's the hero/ML, at the expense of Prerna. she is shown REACTING to Anu's ACTIONS only & that's her role.  she has no identity except in regards to Anu. this happens across the board,  if even 1 out of 5 girls watching these shows believes the narrative (be a FL of a show & get the HERO) then that's very dangerous.  SOME GIRLS CAN BE VERY IMPRESSIONABLE & VULNERABLE.

makers should show ML's being respectful towards the FL, communicating with her to solve problems togther & taking into account her wishes & encouraging her.  the most important is, apologising when they're wrong. this will reinforce & strengthen the idea that the FL & WOMEN in general are worth more & are deserving of love, respect & protection. 

of course i understand that not all shows can be like that, it depends on the content being shown.  BUT right now most,  if not all, shows are about the ML/FL falling in love, separating & uniting as per the ML wishes, & the FL just accepting & forgiving all he does 😔 it's frustrating that the FL is shown as meek & submissive & people just accept it.  with violence against women on the rise it's important, now more than ever, to show the positivity men can bring in women's lives & the strength a woman can have.

A very sensible post covering all posts, the characterisation of prerna is what deaddicted me from this show, it's ok to dream abt family, but the insults and persecutions that prerna had to face for it and still wanted that life with Anurag without nay qualms for her safety or the dignity of her family is a little difficult to take. 

mily_mathew thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hari73

Story was tolerable  before bridge kand.   After that heneous act story went into drains.  I really don't understand what was the need for bridge kaand if they wanted to justify from next day itself.   They could hv rooted other way too.  If he had just said, sneha may not be his daughter, pre would hv seperated from anu forever.   And after bridge kand, they made anurag pathetic.  They made anu egoistic n rude after leap.  I really hated that anu who was ill talking to pre.  After leap, don't know what cvs were writing.  Anu was pathetic that way, pre's pathetic revenge.   I felt cvs were taking revenge on us..😆

Anyways story ended..

ha ha, epic. 

Hari73 thumbnail

Hey mily, how r u doing.   After a long time,  I am seeing you in this forum.   Are u still  in touch with tia n all?

mily_mathew thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hari73

Hey mily, how r u doing.   After a long time,  I am seeing you in this forum.   Are u still  in touch with tia n all?

Hi, I'm fine, I'm not in touch with tia, yaar. I left watching the show somewhere around end of komo 1 track. 

Eri-Kavana thumbnail

Originally posted by: Brule

I am just glad that the writers did not make her apologize. Given how poorly she was treated in the show and by the writers, it was completely possible that she would be made to apologize for having misunderstood him. 

No, we were very sure, she will apologize for not understanding his majboori. That's what she has always done. But really thankful to the makers, this time she was not budging easily.👍🏼