Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Niyati_T thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: MrsRishabhBajaj

It's a very important one man. The whole break up is in this. 

Oh! Phir bhi zyada time nahi lena please đŸ˜ł

MrsRishabhBajaj thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Niyati_T

Oh! Phir bhi zyada time nahi lena please đŸ˜ł

Will definitely update ASAP!

Chapter 11: Once A Liar, Always A Liar?

I won't bring up old memories and hurt Prerna. Rishabh thought. I will create new ones. I will try and make her smile. I will be like my old self. I will be fun. Rishabh felt so nervous suddenly. He didn't know how Prerna would react and he didn't want her mother to think he was a bad human being. She has to forgive me. He told himself. How he wished it would  be true. 

Prerna was shocked to see Rishabh at her doorstep. He was the last person she wanted to see today. She was already exhausted and he would just cause more trouble for her.

"Tum!" She exclaimed. "Yaha?" she asked. She kept looking over her shoulder worried that Veena would see them. 

"Priyu, aa gaya kya Rishabh?" Veena called out from the dining area. 

"Rishabh?" She blurted. How did Veena know about him? What was happening? Her tired mind didn’t have strength to figure this out.

"Rishabh" Rishabh said, pointing at himself, with a courteous smile. 

"What!" Prerna wasn't able to understand why and how this was happening. When she didn't respond Veena came herself to welcome her special guest. 

"Priyu! Inko bahar ku wait kara rahi ho." Veena said opening the door completely so Rishabh could enter. 

"Aunty, yeh aapke liye." Rishabh said, handing over the flowers. He had never thought this is how he would meet Prerna's mom but he was excited about this meal. 

"Arre iski kya zarwat thi?" Veena said taking it from him. "Bohot sundar hai wese!" She said smiling at him. Prerna stood their dumbfounded. She couldn't digest this scene. 

"Aapka haath kesa hai?" Rishabh asked as they walked towards the living room. 

"Ab better hai." Veena said. "Ghar aake rest kiya toh abhi thik hi hai." 

Veena stopped and turned around to see Prerna still near the door. "Priyu, beta! Idhar aao." 

Prerna blankly walked towards her mom, her eyes fixed on Rishabh. 

"Yeh Rishabh hai, main inki hi baat kar rahi thi." 

"Hi, Priyu!" Rishabh said, extending his hand and widening his smile. He was loving the shocked expressions on Prerna’s face. It felt so good to irritate her again. He just got carried away in the moment. 

"Prerna." she corrected folding her hands in Namaste. 

"Kya baat hai, aap itni thaki thaki lag rahi hai?" Rishabh asked. 

"Priyu poora din sirf kaam hi karti rehti hai. Khud ka khayal hi nahi rehta. Jese koi personal life naam ki chiz hi na ho."

"Maa!" Prerna said through gritted teeth. She didn't want Rishabh to know all this. 

"Acha? Aapke koi dost nahi hai?" Rishabh said, enjoying the look on Prerna's face. 

"Main toh kehti rehti hu, shaadi karle, ghar basale par yeh hai ki sunti hi nahi."

"Maa!" Prerna exclaimed again. She needed her mother to shut up. This was making her very uncomfortable. Rishabh laughed. 

"Bilkul aunty, I agree with you!" Rishabh said going up to Veena. 

Prerna's nostrills flared. "Maa, kitchen mein aana zara!" She said dragging her mother along with her. 

Rishabh smirked and sat down on the sofa. Veena looked irritated. "Kya hua?"

"Maa yeh kya keh rahi ho uske saamne? Kya zarwat hai itna kehne ki!" Prerna scolded her mother. 

"Priyu! Mehmaan hai woh, uske nahi unke." She corrected her daughter. Prerna rolled her eyes. Unke my foot! She thought.

"Ma! Aapka guest hai mera nahi. Aaplog karlo dinner I'm going--"Prerna!" Veena stopped her surprised at her daughter's reaction. "Maine tujhe esi seekh toh nahi di hai. Mera guest aur tumhara guest alag hai kya? Chalo, unhe paani puchke aao." Veena said, handing her a tray with a glass of water. 

Veena just wanted to thank Rishabh but somewhere she also wanted him to meet Prerna. She believed in fate and Rishabh had crashed into her just when she was thinking about Prerna’s marriage. On top of that he had been so nice to her and taken such care. She was impressed to say the least. She didn’t have any expectations but she didn’t see any harm in giving it a shot.

Prerna put the tray back in Veena's hand. "Main yeh sab nahi karungi!" She said. 

Veena winced in pain. Prerna immediately took the tray back. "Ma! Kya hua?" 

"Haath mein thoda dard hai beta." Veena said. She knew Prerna was stubborn but it was just a small dinner. 

Prerna took the tray of water out and put it on the table in front of Rishabh. Rishabh was on his phone coordinating a meeting when he saw her enter. He kept the phone away and smiled. He picked up the glass of water. His eyes were still on her. She was so angry. He could clearly see her wrath but he also knew that she would behave in front of her mother. 

Prerna had always been strong in front of her mom. She never shared her problems with Veena because she didn't want her to worry. This might work to his advantage and maybe he could get to speak to her for a while alone, he thought. 

Veena sat down near Rishabh. She signalled Prerna to sit too. "Beta, tumhe Paneer pasand toh hai na? Maine Paneer, dal, biryani aur Naan banayi hai." she said. 

"Ji, bilkul. Aur aapne banaya hai toh definitely acha hoga," He admitted. “Par aapko yeh sab nahi karna chahiye tha. Aapko rest karna chahiye aunty.” Rishabh said with utmost sincerity. 

Prerna looked at her mother with worry. She really should have just rested. Prerna felt guilty for not being there with Veena. She had been very irritated with Veena too because she always spoke about getting Prerna married. Prerna regretted all that and made a mental note to be more loving towards her mom.

“Prerna ji, aapne kuch nahi banaya?” Rishabh said playfully. 

Prerna frowned. “Mujhe aapke liye khana banane se zyada zaruri kaam hai life mein,” she said tauntingly.

Veena couldn’t believe her daughter. “Priyu!” she scolded, glaring at her daughter. Prerna always behaved herself in front of guests. What was wrong with her today? Prerna rolled her eyes at Rishabh, who had a grin on his face. Both of them were being stubborn.

“Wese, Priyu kaafi acha khana banati hai par kaam ke wajah se isse time kam milta hai.” Veena covered up. She wouldn’t force Prerna to get married but she couldn’t disrespect guests like this. Rishabh smiled and nodded at Veena.   

“Ab tum dono baitho, main khana garam kar deti hu.” She said leaving the living room. 

Prerna got up to go behind Veena when Rishabh held her hand. Prerna shot a glare at him. “Prernaji suniye na” Rishabh said cutely. 

“Stop it!” Prerna said, making a disgusted face. “Mazak bana rakha hai tumne! Meri ma ka accident hua hai. If you don’t feel guilty at least show some sympathy!” She taunted. Rishabh realised that Prerna was quite serious about all of this. 

“Prerna, I am sorry.” he said, looking at the floor. “I know you must be worried about Aunty aur yeh sab meri wajah se hua. But I do feel guilty and that’s why I’m here, regardless of what you might think.” he informed, still looking at the floor. He meant it, for the accident and for breaking her trust. Prerna looked at his lowered eyes. She wanted to say that it was okay. She wanted to say that it wasn’t his fault and accidents happen. But she didn’t. She wasn’t able to get over the betrayal yet.

Rishabh continued. “Also, isn’t it funny?” he smirked looking up to meet her eye, “Aaj jab main finally tumhari mom se mil raha hu, aur shayad woh mujhe pasand bhi karti hai, toh-- “Rishabh please,” Prerna said uncomfortably. “Ab inn sab baaton ka koi matlab nahi hai.” Prerna could see the hurt in his eyes. Rishabh wasn’t even trying to hide it. He wanted to tell her that he missed her. He wanted to talk about their old times because for him those memories were all that he had. She remembered all their time together too. She missed him too but she couldn’t give in. She didn’t trust him with her heart anymore. He had already broken it once and since then it wasn’t complete anymore.

“Prerna, kya sach mein tum mujhe maaf nahi kar sakti?” He asked looking into her eyes. “Main sab kuch karunga, tum jesa chahogi wesa hi hoga. Give me a second chance? Main ab bhi tumse itna hi pyaar karta hu, shayad usse bhi zyada..” He asked as sincerely as he could. Prerna could see that. She felt the pain rise in her chest again. His hands felt warm against hers. She wanted to see the honesty in his words. Maybe she saw it also. She wanted to believe that his love was true because hers definitely was. In this one year there wasn’t a day when she didn’t miss him. Time had dulled her pain maybe but she still couldn’t forgive him. He had played with her emotions and she could never trust him again. How could she believe that he had changed? Here he was using her mother to get to her. 

“Do you know that Komolika is coming to me for therapy?” Prerna informed, removing her hand from his. 

Rishabh’s eyes widened. “What?”

“Yes, and guess why she needs therapy?” Prerna asked. 

Rishabh sighed. “Prerna maine uske saath kuch nahi kiya tha.” He stated.

“You cheated her! You lied to her! Dhoke se tumne usse uski company cheeni and you say you did nothing? She probably saw dreams of marrying you, just like me. And you did nothing!” 

“Damn it Prerna!” Rishabh said, knotting his eyebrows, “I’ve already explained everything to you. Usne mujhe cheat kara tha and yes! In that moment, mujhe jo thik laga maine kiya. Apni company ko bachane ke liye kiya. Galti hui mujhse. Maine tumhara trust toda and tab se leke aaj tak bas issi hope mein hu that one day you’ll see that I--“Stop it, I don’t want to hear it.” Prerna interrupted him. “Tum abhi bhi apni galti justify kar rahe ho. Sudhar gaye hote toh aaj yaha khade hoke apna aur mera mazak nahi bana rahe hote. Nothing about you has changed. You’re a liar. And I am not interested.” she said firmly.

“Aur agar tum yeh sochti ho ki main apni galti ka justification de raha hu then you’re wrong. And if you think that I haven’t changed then maybe you need to change your profession.” Rishabh said arrogantly.   

Prerna gritted her teeth. How dare he say that? She fumed. She was about to give him a piece of her mind when Veena came in breaking the tension in the room. “Khana tayaar hai!” She chirped.

The rest of the dinner was quiet. Rishabh only spoke to Veena and that too very little. He was hurt. He had told Prerna everything and she still didn’t realise that he was genuinely sorry. Prerna could see that she had hurt him with her comments and wondered if she had said too much again. Maybe she shouldn’t have called him a liar outright. It had been more than a year and she genuinely didn’t know how he had been. His company had grown so fast that there was no stopping him now. She looked at him wondering how much of what he was saying was true. Doubt had seeped deep into Prerna and it would be very difficult to remove that now.

Rishabh on the other hand had nothing left to say. He was losing all hope. She still thought he was a liar! He wondered what he could do to change that. How should he make her believe that he has changed. Since the day she had ended things, till today, Rishabh hadn’t lied about anything. He had taken the high road and today he was successful because of that!

*Flashback*

The doorbell rang and Rishabh jumped out of the sofa to open the door. He flung the door open and was so happy to see Prerna. He threw his arms around her and hugged her tight. “Gussa hona chahiye mujhe tumse!” he said, “You can’t ignore me like this. I bet you would have slept reading your book and forgotten to message. But I missed you.” He said happily.  

When she didn’t respond, Rishabh broke the hug and looked at her perplexed. “Kya hua? All good?” he asked, holding her hand in his. 

Prerna just blankly stared at him. How could he cheat on her and behave so normally? She thought. How could she be so wrong in reading a person? 

“Prerna?” Rishabh said, waving his hand in front of her eyes. 

Prerna snapped out of her thoughts and asked, “Can I come in?” 

Rishabh realised that they were still at the door and grinned. “Ofcourse, tumhara hi ghar hai!” he said, pulling her in behind him, still holding her hand. Prerna was just observing his behaviour, she was looking for signs of a cheating partner, but there were none. Was he not guilty also? She wondered. Is he enjoying this? She wanted answers but she knew it wouldn’t change her decision. He sat on the couch and pulled her next to him.

“Rishabh.” she said freeing her hand from his. Rishabh was a little shocked by her gesture and with knotted eyebrows waited for her to explain. 

“I’m going to be quick and get to the point. I can’t be with you anymore. I know you cheated on me. I know you’ve been lying to me for God-knows-how-long. I can’t. Bas.” She said firmly. Her brain wasn’t working properly and she couldn’t sugar coat or twist what she had come to say. She didn’t care if he gave an explanation or not. She didn’t want to hear an apology either. She just wanted this to end fast. Looking at him was making her more and more angry. 

Rishabh’s face lost all colour. Guilt rose in his chest and his heart heavily started beating louder and louder by the passing moment. He gulped. How would he ever explain himself? This is what he feared. “Please don’t leave me.” He said, tears already shining in his eyes. His brain had frozen and his heart only wanted to say this. He had made a mistake but never in a hundred years he imagined that Prerna would leave him just like that. 

“Too late.” She said getting up. 

“Prerna wait!” Rishabh said getting up. He had to snap out of all that guilt. He might not get another chance to explain. He thought. The feeling of losing her was just unbearably painful. 

“Please don’t go. Give me a chance to explain.” He said.

Prerna sighed and turned to him. “I want to know actually. Why? Why did you do this?” 

“It’s a long story.” Rishabh said. He explained everything to Prerna. He said everything honestly about how his deal fell through and he couldn’t see any other way. All the money everyone had invested would be lost and he could have lost his company. “I would never cheat on you. I didn’t do anything with her. It was just a ploy.” he told her. 

Tears trickled down her cheeks. She clapped in his face. “Masterstroke. Mission accomplished. Congratulations, you've saved your company. But you've lost me. I wish you would have lost that company and started from zero. I would have been by you, holding your hand. But this. This is disgusting. Main ese insaan ke saath nahi reh sakti jo sirf jhooth aur dhoka dena jaanta hai. Apne company ko bachane ke liye logo ke feelings ke saath khel sakta hai!” She said, disgusted. 

“Prerna, I know i've made a huge mistake. I am sorry. I know mujhe tumhe sab kuch sach bata dena chahiye tha but I knew you wouldn’t approve.” He felt extremely guilty.

“Ofcourse I wouldn’t!” Prerna screamed. “Kyun ki galat kiya tumne.”

“Aur kya woh galti itni badi hai ki tum mujhe maaf nahi kar sakti?” He asked. 

“Main kaun hoti hu tumhe maaf karne waali. You have to answer to Him.” She said pointing up to God. “I don’t want anything to do with you.” she declared. She was about to walk out but Rishabh held onto her hand and sank to the floor. Tears escaped his eyes. 

“Tum mujhse gussa ho jao, mujhe burra keh lo, do everything you want but please please don’t leave me. I will do whatever it takes to make this upto you.” He said sobbing softly. 

Prerna cried too. She never wanted to see this side of Rishabh. She didn’t understand how he could choose to do such a horrible thing. 

“Haath chodo.” She said. 

Rishabh held on tighter. “Please Prerna,” he said. “Believe me, I would never-- “Believe you? Really Rishabh?” Prerna said. “How can I ever believe anything you say now?” She asked. 

"I love you, tumhare alawa aur kaun hai mera?" he uttered. He just realised what he had risked. Instantly, he regretted everything. He had given money and work more importance than Prerna. He had broken her trust and this was inevitable. He had been immature and stupid. 

"Yeh sab pehle sochna chahiye tha Rishabh. You made your choice when you started lying. Dishonesty is something I can't forgive." Prerna said sternly.

Rishabh was silent. He knew that Prerna had found out in the worst way possible. There was no point saying anything anymore. She was hurt right now and saying anything right now would only fuel her anger and pain. He didn’t want to cause her more pain. He would think of a way to make it upto her. He let go of her hand and remained on the floor. 

She looked at him. She felt hollow inside. It felt as if someone had taken her heart and smashed it into pieces. She remembered all their good times together and how many dreams she had seen with him. They had started to imagine a future together. All of it was too soon. She had just been with him for 2 months. It had all moved too fast and now it was broken. She walked out of the door with one promise in her heart - Never to love again. 

*End of Flashback*

Precap : Prerna learns Komolika's side of the story. 

I hope you guys liked the update! Do leave your comments behind. â¤ď¸

Tvfanatic85 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 3

Amazing update and now more than anything I want to hear Komolika's side of the story

WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7

MUJHE ISSE STORY KA UPDATE NAHI CHAHIYE THA I DONT READ THIS STORY. 😩☹️

Edited by WaqtZaya - 3 years ago

Originally posted by: WaqtZaya

MUJHE ISSE STORY KA UPDATE NAHI CHAHIYE THA I DONT READ THIS STORY. 😩☹️

Wow🤣 

Toh padh lo naa😛 Kya pata acha lage? đŸ¤Ł 

Isme all girls are after bajju đŸ˜Ž

WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: MrsRishabhBajaj

Wow🤣 

Toh padh lo naa😛 Kya pata acha lage? đŸ¤Ł 

Isme all girls are after bajju đŸ˜Ž

I can't relate Bajaj so I will read this when all chapters are done. 

AMMY12 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Superb awsm update 

To gud. 

Luvd it. 😘😘😘

oa2019 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

woah things got really serious really fast at dinner. can't wait to find out K's side of story, i don't think it's all RB's fault, her state. can't wait to find out.  loving the story so far.

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Awesome! The dinner part had a good blend of fun and seriousness. Wonder how Veena will react once she gets to know the history between the two. đŸ˜†

The breakup part was so well written. đŸ’”

Komolika's side of the story will clear the doubts and questions that remain. Let's see how Prerna reacts to it.