Test out the New FanFiction Section(still under development) Links add - Page 13

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

Tbh  for  readers formatting of text is not very  important but matter is  very important 

And except  blue and black   if long story written in other colors then it is  painful  for eyes especially red color 

Another thing  if read  books  of old writes   there is no formatting at all but still  love to read  their story because of  good matter 

I will like to read that story again and again which matter  is good 

No matter how writers use different colors but if story is not good I will not read it again

Edited by surabhi01 - 4 years ago
Koeli thumbnail

@sweta, please check your pm.

HerFiction thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: vijay

I will suggest writers not to apply too much formatting to the text. The simpler it is kept it will be easier for readers. Headlines are fine.

Common mistakes:

• Too many colors
  • Center Aligned text.
  • Setting different fonts.
  • Setting font size.

Regards,

Vijay

Why are there too many restrictions on the user? If development is in progress, it should be limited to testers but restrictions like how one should align and how one should add are not very convincing.

If multiple colors feature is breaking or not in sync with others, why not remove it or disable it instead requesting everyone to do it?

And also, I have received multiple mails from ff editor team on what to be posted on header, images, etc which was not mentioned in any of the rules anywhere

If you want certain things to be in a certain way, you could do it with code. Why to restrict(also, request for redoing stuff) on what user does with the access he/she has?

Originally posted by: AlwaysHisGirl

Why are there too many restrictions on the user? If development is in progress, it should be limited to testers but restrictions like how one should align and how one should add are not very convincing.

If multiple colors feature is breaking or not in sync with others, why not remove it or disable it instead requesting everyone to do it?

And also, I have received multiple mails from ff editor team on what to be posted on header, images, etc which was not mentioned in any of the rules anywhere

If you want certain things to be in a certain way, you could do it with code. Why to restrict(also, request for redoing stuff) on what user does with the access he/she has?

Fair Point.

If we had this system from the beginning and there was nothing to migrate we would not be giving that option to the authors. 

But that is not the case here as we have migrate a lot of them and we didn't want to auto-strip all the Html Formatting which might be important to the author. As that would be a bigger problem to tackle.

Since we are starting out things we are also learning along the way and I am sure the FF Editors will soon be sharing all the rules and guidelines.

To make things easier we are making an interactive Help Center where members can ask questions or check previously asked questions regarding the site and its features. Will be sharing the development on that soon.

Regards,

Vijay

Koeli thumbnail

Originally posted by: AlwaysHisGirl

Adding to what Vijay has said....

FF Editors are helping out authors who have migrated their FFs in the new "beta" site. Please note that since it is still in the beta mode we are not posting any guidelines except whatever is mentioned in the first page of this thread. However, we are informing the authors over pm how the migration needs to be done so that it is easier for them when they do any next migration. Once the new forum is created proper rules and guidelines will be posted. We are holding is as of now because there are a lot of changes that are happening in the beta site. Once the entire thing is done it would be better to post the rules and guidelines altogether. :)

Edited by Koeli_Appy - 4 years ago
ExoticDisaster thumbnail

I can't see migrate tab when I open my FF ðŸ˜”

Koeli thumbnail

Originally posted by: ShirishaTeddy

I can't see migrate tab when I open my FF ðŸ˜”

If it is in the fan fiction forum, then only you will be able to see it. Or else click on new ff, write down the name of your ff and then press edit and then migrate from other thread.

ExoticDisaster thumbnail

Originally posted by: Koeli_Appy

If it is in the fan fiction forum, then only you will be able to see it. Or else click on new ff, write down the name of your ff and then press edit and then migrate from other thread.

Please elaborate ðŸ˜³

Koeli thumbnail

Originally posted by: Koeli_Appy

1) Go to the new fan fiction beta link

2) Click on create a new story (the icon is present in the top right side).

3) Write the name of your story that you need to download and press edit button present below.

4) In the edit, page click on the migrate from another topic. You will find forum option and then whatever you posted in that forum. Click on the desired link and press ok.

5) Click on the chapters you want to migrate and then you are done.

ExoticDisaster thumbnail

Why I can't I change the title after I migrate the FF?