Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

libran90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Antara123

I sort of disagree with the MaRaj part. I find him a misfit in this scheme, he is a little too funny and not nicely funny either. And I can't decipher Maya's reaction to him at all.

Itni dukhi kyun ho Najma. Lagta hai Beyhadh 2 tumko disappoint kar raha hai.

Anyway, he maybe the funny guy here, because we don't know much about him yet. His reasons for siding with Maya are unknown. It is not just Maya, but his own personal reasons are there as well. And Maya's reaction we can't decipher because that is Maya - an enigma. She doesn't trust anyone but herself. So her equation towards Rajiv is more of partners than friends. But, I hope they play out their friendship in future episodes, because Maya needs voices of reason around herself if she gets too caught up in revenge. 

And his presence weakens Maya's enigma and halo for ME at least. Last Season, Maya was a lone player, someone who had no one she could trust, everyone was a pawn for her.

I think that Rajiv actually reinforces her mysterious presence, because he is Maya Jaisingh's face for the world, which she will expose only when she is ready to face Mrityunjay. 

This Season, I remember the promos. The first one when she threw the clock away and was sitting on the floor. That showed the ultimate of depression, betrayal, hatred and everything that was beyhadh. I am not able to see that level of beyhadh translating into the show somehow. I love the suspense, but I cannot see that maddening level of hatred. 

Her maddening level of hatred is translated in her actions quite subtly. We have to understand that the Maya madness is already established in S1 - her being limitless in her pursuits. That same thing is still there in her hate. But here the difference is Maya is sane, not insane. Here her actions are not reflective of her mental health, it is a reflection of pain and agony of a dreaded past.

I saw it when Maya was drowning herself in water, but those extreme sequences can render that effect only when Maya is a lone player. 

Probably. But that side of hers is only limited to Maya's monologues. But outside people, she has to maintain the enigma that she is - strong, bold yet mysterious 

Idk maybe they'll reveal something further. But as of yesterday, I got bored with the flashback scenes of how he helped her coz it was pretty obvious he was the one. And as long as he remained a mystery man, he was more enjoyable.

Mystery man to reveal hota hi. You need to unwrap the mystery slowly and yet hold onto the mystery. I beg to differ, but I am enjoying S2 more than S1.

Edited by libran90 - 4 years ago
pomegranate thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I'm enjoying S2 much more than S1, simply because maya is sane so far.  It's important to note that Season 1 maya wasn't just limitless, she was unnecessarily cruel  due to her pyschological issues.  In this season; Maya is still an enigma but she is more methodical in her pursuits, not only limitless. I personally think season 2 maya is an improved version of the previous season. While it was thrilling to watch her last season, her sadistic nature was hard to digest or even understand. CV's had the guts to make her the villain but I prefer a protogonist who has touches of humanity. 

Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I am enjoying S2 too, I couldn't bear to watch S1 for long. But I am finding the pace TOO slow now. It's like a month. And I don't like Rajeev. 😆 I don't remember where I saw the actor before, but I didn't like that character either. And Maya is getting into a unidimensional mode slowly. Whereas more and more colours of MJ And Rudra are coming to the fore, I enjoy them more. But on the whole I really like this package. But MJ is the mystery here that has to be unravelled.

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Beautiful analysis of the episode by you, Sohini! ❤️