Added Chapter 23: All The King's Men: PreRish - Page 90 - Page 4

Posted: 4 years ago

This is so royal, magnificent and stunning!

I love how you begin in the pre-known premise and take us into an extraordinary realm of brains, game and trust.

The moves are so well set. Her purposeful introduction and then showcasing her staying back to everyone. Brilliant!

I can't wait to see what happens next!

Please continue soon :)

Oo this is so much fun! So they've gotten it all back with Bajaj keeping his word but that's more of a fake illusion cause the repercussions will be worse 😆

He's destroyed them from within and yet maintained his word. 

What a proctored game!

I'm enjoying this thoroughly!

Read the last three parts in a row and loved it. ⭐️

The story is getting highly interesting and I'm in love with your portrayal of both Mr Bajaj and Prerna. 

What a genius schemer RB is!

Please continue soon.

Edited by Wistfulness - 4 years ago

Wow this is an interesting take on prerna and bajaj deal

First of all, thank you so much for such lovely comments. They really pushed me to finish writing a short update/teaser today. I was so tired, I wanted to put it off. And I know that if I start putting off updating, I will never get around to finishing the story. So here is a short update. I hope you enjoy it and it has you hooked on for more.

_PART VI_________________________________________________________________________________________

She couldn’t go on like this.

Prerna pretended to fix the cushions on the bed as she watched Anurag get ready. It had been over five days since he’d been released. Five days since she had been coming over to his house to take care of him. Whenever she tried to inch closer to him, his entire body had stiffened, and her bravado failed her then. Sleep no longer came easy.  

Now she watched as he shaved and groomed without ever looking her way. Something shriveled and died inside her. Mr. Bajaj had handed them a temporary reprieve it seemed. He was laying low, Basu Publications circulation had increased, Anurag was home.

They should have been happy.

Instead, despair hovered over their families like an insidious mist.

Yesterday he’d left the house before she arrived. Not wanting to face his family’s taunts, she had turned around and left. And today…

“Hey,” she ventured as he bent over to tie his shoe laces. “I thought we’d go get breakfast,” she said in a rush.

He shook his head without looking at her. “Sorry. I have an early business meeting this morning.” And he turned to leave.

“He never touched me,” she said in a low urgent voice. “Please believe me, he never touched me. I swear… I swear on…I swear, Anurag, on—”

“Don’t.” In two strides he was beside her, finally. He gently took her fisted hands and unfolded them. “Don’t.”

She looked at him helplessly. She’d told him again and again, but each time he merely looked away from her.

“It’s the truth,” she said, her voice trembling. “He took me to his study and told me that if I spent the night in his house, then in the morning he would ensure the charges would be dropped. He promised he would not touch me, and he did not. He did not, Anurag. He made sure I locked the study door after he left!

She fell silent, mutely urging him to acknowledge her, to turn and kiss her and say what an absurd misunderstanding this all was. To be her Anurag again.

Instead he turned his face away from her.

“Why won’t you believe me?” she sobbed.

He shook his head, his weariness more chilling than anger would’ve been. “Bajaj is b*st*rd to his core, Prerna, without a shred of mercy, decency or pity.  I don’t blame you. I just wish you had let me handle this.” He looked at her finally, and to her horror, she saw that his eyes swam with tears. “I wish you’d never gone there.”

He strode to the door walked out shutting the door behind him.

Prerna stared at her hands and then around the room and she sank slowly onto the floor, tears streaming down her face.

His smoke filled voice haunted her.

If he loves you, he will believe you.

What a fool she was.

What an absolute fool.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

No one believed she’d walked out of Rishabh Bajaj’s house untouched. Not her neighbors, who whispered as she walked by. Not Anurag’s family, who turned their backs and scorned her when she walked into their house. Not her own family who thought she was lying to save face. Not even Anurag.

And Mr.Bajaj had hammered the first nail in the coffin.

Cheers,

Sohaa!

Edited by Sohali19 - 4 years ago

Just as I'd thought! Amazingly put@

He shook the foundations without either realizing it and it'll hurt now, below the belt!

I hope Prerna realizes the truth of her relationships soon.

What Bajaj said was truth, if he really loved he would have believed. When Basu's needed her they sent her all alone and now that she kept her word all they can do is not even acknowledge the fact. 😏Aur karo pyaar  aise logo se😏 acha hai. 😏 

Khair itna chotu update INSAAN itni chotu updates se kaise jeeyega that even on a sunday. Naainsaafi 

The truth behind Bajaj's words, has come in front of Prerna with an alarming clarity...The cruel reality hitting the base of her heart and mind, it is a harsh jolt of awakening for Prerna..Very well penned..👏  

finally.... Kabse wait kar raha the...

I knew it nobody will believe her....  Every one just used her.... Thanks to Bajaj... He really showed her mirror.... How stupid she is?? True love.. 

I just wish Mr. Bajaj and Prerna give back that stupid Basu family.. Mostly her true love... Anurag Basu....

Update fast.... I can't wait.... Jaldi Karo yaaar..... Waiting..... 

The Basus should at least acknowledge her 'sacrifice'. They should thank her and lick her feet for whatever she did to save their son, I mean, she sacrificed her virtue (in their eyes) but ehsaanfaramosh log😭 Even when she's herself saying that nothing happened between her and Rishabh, no one believes her! Not even Anurag? 

Really, Mr Bajaj has shown her how dangerous love can be. How it has the power to destroy. I don't see how Bajaj can be blamed for Prerna's situation here. Yes, he put her in it but it taught her a lesson. If this hadn't happened today, it may have happened in the future after she got married to Anurag. At least now she can take a step back and look over her decisions again.

Simply amazing update ❤️