Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hasini009 thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Angel-likeDevil

Thanks for posting Hasini.. Never knew Waheeda was in Eruvaka Sagaro!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O  ..feels awkward to never have watched that song being Telugu :|

Where's the second clipping taken from?

ippudu telisindi kadaa, happy?🤗

its in tamil also. and the second one, I dont know whether its from telugu or any other language.

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

She is still so beautiful elegant and graceful 

Raijeera thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Millenium Squad

With her name I remember patthar ke Sanam, kagaz k phool, her affair with guru dutt, guru dutt drowning himself to alcohol and death followed by same fate with Geeta Dutt.. waqt ne Kiya kya hasin sitam... And also Luka chupi bohot hui
Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Beautiful actress and graceful dancer 

Sea-stars thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

My mom saw her in a museum in Delhi in 80s. She found her beautiful. Her, Waqt ne kiya kya hassen sitam,  is a great song in the voice of Geeta Dutt.

Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: hasini009

ippudu telisindi kadaa, happy?🤗

its in tamil also. and the second one, I dont know whether its from telugu or any other language.

yes di ðŸ¤—

Felt like the clipping could most likely be taken from a South Indian film going by the temple structure in the background or even their clothes, but who can say.. :)

flipfl0p thumbnail

Whatever Waheeda movies I have watched, I feel she chose quite unconventional roles. Wonder how people in those times were so open minded and receptive of her movies. 

A professional dancer, who runs away from her archaeologist husband with a tourist guide and sings Aaj Phir Jeene Ki Tamanna Hei.  (Guide) 

A leading actress, who falls in love with her director who is married and a father  (I like the scene where his daughter confronts her). (Kagaz Ke Phool). 

A touring stage artist as well as prostitute. When an innocent man falls for her, she rejects him. (Teesri Kasam). There were other movies (Sadhana with Vaijayanti Mala) with prostitute characters. But they ended up showing them reformed (mainstreamed). But in Teesri Kasam, female lead said that she is not virgin. 

None of these were mainstream characters. But still people loved those movies and loved her. 

People point at turbulence that post partition India had. They always remember to mention how Yusuf Khan (unlike 90s Khans) has to become Dilip Kumar to get recognition (same with Madhubala). They convenient forget, how Waheeda never resorted to this. Despite her Muslim name, she was a star. 

People speak about her affair with Gurudutt. Everyone knows that it was from Gurudutt side, which eventually took his life. But one is not clear from Waheeda's side. Though she respected him as a director, she probably did not have any romantic feelings towards him and could not reciprocate. People try describing Gurudutt as tragic hero. Unable to get whom he loved (Waheeda), unable to love whom he had (Geeta Dutt). I can only call him an idiot for not respecting what he had and ending his life. Probably she refuses to speak about that part (though she fondly recalls him as a director), out of respect towards him.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

I don’t think about her 

Discovery thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

A timeless beauty.I loved her in Khamoshi.My fav movie of hers.Recently saw her in some of the reality shows and she she’s still so graceful and elegant..plus  she came across as a very sweet person.