stardust2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

I finally got to watch the movie on Netflix today. Undoubtedly the best pakistani movie ever. Brilliantly acted and executed. Although the movie was as outstanding as it was, i could not dismiss how similar it was to Kapoor and Sons. This would have been a 10/10 had it come before Kapoor & Sons. I am taking away a point of the obvious influence in plot and plot treatment. But nonetheless the terrific duo of Aamina and Sanam just hot it out of the park! Weakest link probably was the guy who played their younger brother. Also, i think they could have come up witha better name than "Cake". Cake/baking was not even that critical a piece in the movie. 

A very solid 4.5 stars out of 5.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I just found out it's on Netflix now and plan to watch it soon after Eid..
awesomegurti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Moi planning to watch soon 

OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
All right, I watched it..I liked how it showcased so many relationships besides just a love story between a guy and a girl...it was a good watch..they explored the aspect of a family..aging parents, siblings (grudges, rivalry, love-hate)...something different, I liked it..although I would've been happier with a lil different end maybe..what happened to Sanam-Mikaal?