Arhi FF : Destiny Games T5 (New updates in T6) - Page 17

Posted: 4 years ago

Dear Abavi

Khushi is really a go getter in this story but Payal & Anjie are no weeping willows now La is a beautiful addition to the group of strong willed bahus

Raizada brothers are going to have a tough time keeping up with them 

La is a dog whisperer, ha ha take that Dadi

Still scared that dadi might try hurting  Arshi but how ?

Arnav is so jealous of Abhi, but kh doesn’t get it 

Maybe he will be the catalyst to bring them together 

Arnav really loves bickering & smirking at KKG

Marriage document was with Mariam , why so ?

Shashi Gupta was killed , poor Khushi 😌

Waiting for more cute Arshi moments 

Thanks 

Haha actors are such narcissistic egomaniacs , assuming everyone in the universe loves them & takes every female to be a fan girl , πŸ˜‚ 

Arnav always flies off the handle whenever kh is concerned 

The husky tone with an innocent girl , what s that for ? 

Not fair Hotwa, you are weirdly wise , have a smoking hot rich GF , flirting with a wide eyed simpleton on the side πŸ₯°

Make your intentions clear to the elders & romance your wife ( they have marriage documents to prove )

Thanks for the hot update 

Tc 

Hi

Thanks a ton for sending me the link. I totally love this!

Hi

when is the next update??

Eagerly waiting πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by luvbug

Hi

when is the next update??

Eagerly waiting πŸ˜ƒ

Yes, eagerly waiting for it. Pretty pls, update kariki padi!

Cheers 

From the author's desk: Lol, you guys are an impatient lot! But it only makes me more happy to see those comments. And some of them have really surprised me! I wont say why ;)

Here you go, the next chapter. 

Happy reading

Chapter 12: The Clash of Titans

Part 3: Away from the maddening crowd. 

For the next couple of days seemed to remind the elder inmates of RM of Arnav’s rebellious teen years if not worse. He seemed to blow up his temper whenever anyone tried to confront him 

The third day however, Arnav’s demeanor with Dadi and the other elders came down to a defiant quarrel rather than breaking things around and refusing to even speak with them. 

It was Mama who brought him down for a conversation after a 3-hour cajoling. 

β€œSit and speak out” Mama ordered him as he pushed him to the couch. 

β€œI don’t understand what was the need to rush into this? Did you ever realize it is my life and I would like to have a say in it?”

β€œWhat’s the use to wait? If had to consult you, you would have taken forever. Besides, what is there for you to have a say in this? It is not as if you didn’t want to get married?”

β€œHow about I don’t want to get married to Sheetal in the first place?” Arnav asked sarcastically. 

β€œWhat is wrong with you? she is virtuous, dignified, pious, educated and has class” Dadi was equally stubborn. 

β€œArnav bitwa, besides you brought her home” Mami pointed out. 

β€œIf I had to marry every single girl that I brought home, I would be married for 20 times already”

β€œIt is not because of the fact that you brought her home that I proposed your engagement with her. I felt she is all that I was looking for to become a part of the family.”

β€œWow, congratulations! Adopt her if you want her to be a part of the family- I am not getting married” Arnav stood up and was about to leave again.

β€œArnav!” Dadi screamed. 

β€œArnav! Calm down.” Nani said β€œcome and sit here, let’s talk like grown up matured individuals and get this sorted out. There is no use shouting like a troubled teenager”

β€œNo way Nani, I am not for compromise. Not in this matter. Did she act like a matured elder in this matter? And you? You let it happen. I would have trusted you to stop this mockery of my engagement news”

β€œHe is right Maaji” Manohar supported his nephew β€œWhat difference is there between you both and Shashi- You didn’t feel right when he proposed that Arnav marry his daughter a month back. He was at-least not in his senses. You both are forcing him all the same.”

β€œYou keep out of this.” Mami bellowed at her husband.

β€œYes, I am forcing him because I am scared. I am already tired with what the other boys did, I cannot accept the same to happen with him as well” Dadi shouted.

β€œThat’s why is it? And what exactly is wrong with what Akaash or NK did? They are grown up and have their right to choose whom they want to live with- Why don’t you understand? 

β€œYou may see it as acceptable- I don’t see it that way”

β€œSo you decided to met-out punishment to me? And what will happen if I did the same? You will get Anjali married to a random stranger?”

β€œYes, that is why- Because I am scared that you will bring someone unworthy. And I am more scared because you are the eldest heir for the family and I don’t want some unworthy lass to become the eldest Bahu. I will not let it happen. Whatever I am doing is for the best and Sheetal is the best for the family”

β€œThis is ridiculous!”

β€œArnav Bitwa, calm down”

β€œMama, this is why I said talks are not going to help, I am on my way” Arnav got up angrily β€œDadi, I will never be able to accept Sheetal as my wife, try as you might, you may force her on me – but I will make sure life becomes hell for both of us, Don’t you ruin her life and mine”

And then he was gone.

Arnav was furious with the entire situation.

He had tried to seek out Khushi whom he saw leaving the hall immediately after Dadi had made that absurd announcement, but she shut herself off that night. He kept calling her, asking her to open the door, but she wasn’t going to budge. She wouldn’t pick up his calls. 

Then as if to make things worse, Sheetal had called from Bangalore. Instead of a reaction similar to his that he had expected from her at the hilarity of the situation, she seemed to be on cloud nine with the prospect. He had lashed out at her- all his frustration at Khushi not responding to him, his anger at Dadi’s mindless decision – Sheetal had to receive the brunt of all of it. 

He did not see Khushi after that evening. She seemed to avoid him wontedly which made his mood even worse that it could possibly get. 

He was contemplating on getting help from Anjali or Payal to reach out to Khushi when things got from worse to disastrous. 

Sheetal came to meet him. She was calm and composed when she sought him out in the study. Not the trait that he had seen in her when they had fought in the past. 

β€œHi Arnie”

He closed the book that he was reading with a snap and looked up at her

β€œWe need to speak”

He didn’t answer. 

β€œArnie”

β€œI am not interested”

β€œI think we both are grown up to sit and talk to each other rather than sulking like this. I have been calling you for at least 20 times in the past three days”

β€œDon’t you act as if you are my wife already Sheetal” he snapped at her. She sighed. At least he started to speak. 

β€œI get it that you are angry with how the entire thing went. I was not happy with it either”

β€œYou were not? Last I remember, you were gushing out happily at the news.”

Sheetal took at step back. She had never been on the other end of his rude behavior. 

β€œI am happy even now. I was only a little taken aback at the spontaneity of the entire news. I wished they gave us time to announce this to the world and not take things in their own hands”

β€œFrom when on did you start to take our relationship this serious Sheetal? You know very well that I am not into commitments – so were you not until recently – This Sheetal- I don’t recognize you”

β€œIt’s true that what we had between us was very surface level, but somewhere down the line, I grew fond of you. When the news came, I was a bit shocked, but later, the long distance made me realize that I wasn’t as nonattached as I claimed to be. I knew this is what I wanted.”

Arnav smirked sarcastically as he turned his face away. 

β€œI realized I am in love with you Arnav, I really am.”

β€œI am not Sheetal. I am sorry, but this is not what I want. Nothing has changed for me with you.”

β€œShouldn’t we give us some chance Arnie?”

β€œIt will not work Sheetal. I know I will not be able to even continue with our current relationship anymore since you have started taking us more seriously. We knew our boundaries before- Now you are starting to breach it”

β€œI am ok with it I guess”

β€œWhat do you mean? This will be hell Sheetal. What’s wrong with you?”

β€œArnie, I know it is a matter of time until you come around, Until then, I am ready to give you that space. But I want you to give us some chance”

β€œSheetal, you don’t understand”

β€œIs there someone else?”

Arnav didn’t answer. 

β€œNo right?” Sheetal assumed. β€œThen I am ready to wait until you realize what we share between us is special. I am ready to keep my distance until you come to me on your own. Until then, I leave you with this to remind you of what we share!”

Before he could realize, she was kissing him on his lips. The study door opened right at that moment, forcing them apart and in shocked silence stood Khushi with some books in her hands. She muttered an incoherent sorry and banged the door shut. Arnav cursed his timing. Sheetal looked displeased at the interruption, but didn’t try to seek him out for another kiss. 

β€œArnie”

β€œLeave me alone” he said with the calmness that didn’t go with the situation. 

β€œI will wait for you” she said before she left him alone.

This morning as he walked away from the elders, still feeling furious and distraught, he started his car with no destination in mind. His mind was reeling at the conversation that he just had with Dadi. 

His phone rang. It was Akaash. He hated how he had not been able to hold a decent conversation with Akaash or NK or Anjali as well in the last three days. He had shut himself from them too. 

The phone rang its course without being picked. A message arrived a little later. It was from Akaash. 

β€œBhai, are you coming to office today?” 

He had not been attending to office chores as well and the newly married Akaash was putting in extra hours to sort out the lags. But oddly, he didn’t feel guilty about it. He felt angry with the situation and for once wanted to act selfish. He wasn’t going to answer.

He turned the car around the bend when he saw her walking on the pavement. Khushi was dressed vibrantly as usual and was limping. 

Concern wiping out everything else in his mind, he screeched the car near the pavement closer to her. 

β€œSee where you are going” She screamed balancing herself and then stopped mid-air as she realized who it was.

β€œAre you alright?” he called out from the steering. 

She curtly nodded and started to limp further away. 

He let out a sigh as he got out of the car and went behind her. 

β€œWhat happened? Why are you limping?”

She didn’t answer him but continued to limp. 

β€œWhen you are asked a question, you should answer”

Still no reaction. 

β€œI think I have a water bottle in my car”

She looked at him baffled as if to ask why would he talk about a water bottle now

β€œYou taught me, I can drench you if you don’t answer me”

She rolled her eyes at him

β€œCan’t you see why I am limping?” she asked β€œMy slippers broke”

She said showing him her right footwear. 

β€œAnd why in the world are you wearing broken slippers?” 

β€œBecause I love wearing broken slippers” She said nonchalantly. 

β€œDon’t give me sarcastic answers Khushi”

She sighed loudly. 

β€œMy slippers broke just around this corner and I don’t have any spare at home as well. I have to get this repaired, I know a cobbler just around this street, I will get it mended from him.”

β€œGet into the car”

β€œWhat?”

β€œI will get you another one”

β€œNo…that’s not required, I can manage”

β€œDon’t make me throw you into the car. Get in”

β€œDon’t you use that tone on me”

He smiled. Normalcy seemed to sneak back into their conversation.

β€œAlright, get in, I will give you a drop to your favorite cobbler’s shop.”

She seemed to give it a thought. 

β€œI will not charge you, Its free drop” he said jokingly as she relented. 

Khushi stared at Arnav’s brazenness as she stood glaring at him. Not only had he not stopped the car at the place that she wanted him to, but had also brought her to in one of the popular branded footwear outlets amidst her protests. 

β€œTake one Khushi” he goaded her. β€œwe are here, there is no use of sulking”

β€œI cannot” she frowned at him. β€œThis is way too expensive than anything I have worn”

β€œI will pay for it”

β€œWhy should you?”

β€œWon’t you let me do it as a friend Khushi?”

She was still reluctant. 

β€œOk, if it concerns you so much, you can pay me back when you get it”

This seemed to loosen her a bit. 

She took something which seemed the most inexpensive. 

β€œI will take this” she said β€œThere was no need for all this”

β€œWhere do you want me to drop you?” he asked changing the subject. 

β€œAt the bus stop” she said and then as if she realized something β€œNo, I will go by my own, it’s just opposite the shop”

β€œhmm”

β€œHey, wait- I am not getting those two- why are you paying for two extra footwear?”

β€œJust in case the one you are wearing breaks”

β€œI am not paying for those”

Arnav laughed. β€œok, these are my gifts”

β€œWhy should you gift me?”

β€œImagine your birthday came early?”

She rolled her eyes at him as she huffed past him outside the shop. 

"Editor’s office?”

β€œNo, not today, have some work outside”

β€œSecret agent Khushi won’t tell where she goes?”

She rolled her eyes again. 

β€œYou owe me this Khushi”

β€œWhat, I don’t owe you anything. Or do you mean that just because you got me the footwear that I should tell you…”

β€œBecause, I won the challenge and you agreed to do Kuch bhi… remember?”

The memory of the evening three days back came rushing to her. She had cried her eyes out that night. She heard him calling out at her door for so long time and then he had continuously called her on her mobile. She was not in a position to answer any of those calls or the knocks. But then, by morning, she had been able to compose herself. 

Not once did he try to hide from her that he had a girlfriend. He did not hurt her. She let her mind wander. How can it be his mistake? True, she loved his attention on her. But was it his fault that she felt bad for his engagement to his girlfriend? What kind of friend was she? 

But her treacherous heart was something else altogether. She couldn’t trust it near him anymore and she felt the best way to steady herself was to keep herself out of his sight until she was ready. Then the kiss that she inadvertently walked into sealed it all for her. 

Witnessing it broke something in her, tears which she had successfully kept at bay for the last two days came pouring out- after an hour of pouring out, she hiccupped herself to sanity. she sternly said to herself that she had no place in his life. He had his own life and she will choose her own. She thanked Devimaiyya for that unforgettable evening that she shared with him and sent the goddess a prayer for his well-being. 

β€œhello, earth to Khushi”

She jostled herself to the current situation. 

β€œThe bet”

β€œExactly”

β€œYou want me to tell you where I am going?” she asked incredulously. 

β€œNo, I want you to spend today with me”

β€œWHAT?”

β€œYou spend the day with me Khushi”

β€œI…I can’t. I have work today”

β€œOk, I will come with you. Tell me where you want to go”

β€œYou want to come where I have work today?” she asked surprised

β€œHmm yes”

β€œDon’t you have any work? Are you that free?”

β€œI am just being chivalrous. I am not letting you miss your work and I am ready to accommodate your schedule in mine”

β€œOh please” Her treacherous heart started thumping fast again at the prospect of the time to be spent together. He is as good as engaged to another girl, she told herself

β€œSo, you take the first half of the day, I will take the second half to choose what we do. I am very fair khushi, I am not letting your work suffer”

β€œThis is not done. You cannot ask me this”

β€œI can, infact- you agreed for kuch bhi” he was smirking

β€œYou… you won’t like it there”

β€œTry me”

She sighed dejectedly. This was going to be one more torturous day. She looked up towards the sky 

β€œWhy devimaiyya? why?”

β€œI am here”

β€œI know”

She huffed as she went to the car and opened the door.

β€œWhere now?” he asked again

β€œLGBT welfare association. It’s in Karim nagar”

He stared at her a moment

β€œWhat work do you have there?”

β€œI am a member”

β€œWhat?”

Khushi smiled. 

β€œI have friends from the LGBT community. I am a supporter and I care for their welfare”

Arnav nodded at her before he started the car and directed it towards Karim nagar. 

But the next one hour seemed to teach Arnav more about the surprise package whom he was going to spend his day with. 

It was clear that Khushi didn’t randomly choose to play the role of a lesbian to get Payal and Akaash married. She knew about the community and the hassles that they faced. She knew how the society looked down upon them and had used that reaction to steer the situation to the wedding. Nevertheless, she had immense respect for those individuals whose courage and persistence knew no boundaries in spite of the insults that they faced.

Khushi told Arnav that she was determined to help the community however she could. She helped with with medical treatments and doubled up as a counselor for them though she wasn’t a trainer psychologist, She arranged for interviews for them and helped them face the society and fight for their rights. She helped them come out and face the world being who they are. The worst accepted were the transgenders according to her. She told him that she strived hard to secure jobs for them as they were teased, abused and mistreated everywhere.  

By the time they came out, Arnav felt overwhelmed with admiration for Khushi. She was someone who cared for the downtrodden with true selflessness. 

Their next stop was an orphanage as well in the outskirts of the city where she often visited for service. 

Gargi Jain, a dignified lady in her early 40’s invited them with warmth. Khushi introduced her as the founder and chairperson of the trust which ran the orphanage. Khushi was greeted with love from most of the inmates. Khushi introduced Arnav to the inmates as her friend. Not as a millionaire, not as a prospective source of charity money for their well being – Just as a friend. 

β€œOh that would perhaps force you to give them charity when you are not ready, I shall not put you in such a situation” She told him when he asked her about it. β€œIf and when you are ready and only if you want it – when you decide that you want to do- then you should do it- until then, love is the most wanted here- more than money and the best part is- you can give it for free.”

He smiled at her. 

β€œWhere is Arav?” He heard her ask Gargi. 

β€œSulking in his room as usual. Last Tuesday he went out of the gates again. Thank God, we found him. This is the third time”

β€œArav is a special kid. He has dyslexia and I am his local guardian” she told Arnav. β€œBut the worst part is- he is not an orphan”

"But is this not an orphanage?"

"It is, it was started as a orphanage, but soon we found that we got a lot of special needs kids who were disowned and started building support system for them too... so Arav is one such kid"

β€œwhat about his parents?” Arnav asked nodding at her

β€œHis parents are separated. His mother has got remarried and doesn't want him anymore. His father needs to support him and could'nt raise him alone and manage his job as well... So I suggested him to be put here where he can be taken care of"

The matter of fact way in which Khushi told him gave him a sense of foreboding reality. She looked back at him meaningfully. 

β€œYou know Arnavji, you are so fortunate to have a loving family- people who care for you, where you feel belonged. There are so many out there who aren’t so lucky. Arav misses his father so much that he keeps getting out in the pretext of going to him. Don't mention his father in front of him, it upsets him so badly.”

Arnav crunched his eyebrows at her. 

But before he could ask her anything more, she pushed open the door to a room, at the corner of which sat an young 8 year old facing the window. 

β€œHi Arav”

The boy turned back to look at Khushi. He was not as excited as the rest of the kids who saw Khushi. But that did not dampen Khushi’s enthusiasm with this kid. 

β€œWho is he? Another doctor to check and tell that I am a freak?”

β€œNo, this is Arnav Bhaiyya” she told clutching his hand and pulling him inside and whispered loudly to Arav β€œHe is a very good basketball player. I got him here especially to meet you”

Quick to observe, Arnav noticed a basketball lying at one corner of the room. 

β€œArav loves to play basketball more than anything else” she explained to Arnav. 

β€œYou know basketball?” Arav asked Arnav, his eyes twinkling at the mention. 

β€œI am a national level player” Arnav told him β€œWant to play a game with me?”

Arav grinned widely β€œYes!”

Khushi watched the two going out of the room with the basketball and smiled. A game of basketball should fix both the sulking boys. 

She then left to finish off her tuitions for the elder kids for which she was here. An hour and half later, She found both of them sitting on the bench by the basket-ball court chatting animatedly as they sipped water. 

β€œI have never seen Arav so talkative to anyone before.” Gargi commented as she came standing next to her. β€œThanks Khushi for bringing him along”

β€œI am happy they both clicked together Gargi ji” 

By the time the women joined Arnav and Arav at the basket ball court, the boy was all praise for how genius Arnav bhaiyya was. 

Arnav surprised Gargi and Khushi more with another wish of his. 

β€œMrs Jain, I want to know if I can sponsor for Arav’s schooling and basketball practice”

β€œOh, with pleasure Arnav, why not? But you know that Arav is dyslexic right? I mean, his education expenses might be a little more than the normal ones”

Arnav nodded. β€œI will arrange for a personal trainer for him for basketball. He is brilliant in the game. He will go places!” 

β€œThat’s so kind of you Arnav”

β€œWe shall make a move then Gargi Ji, Its getting late” Khushi said picking up her cross bag. 

Arav gave them a hug each and with a lot of promises to visit him every week end, Arnav and Khushi departed. 

β€œAs they walked to Arnav’s car, the two walked in silence, both lost in their own thoughts. 

β€œArnav ji, you phone” Khushi called out. 

She saw Arnav sigh as he quickly looked at his mobie phone, rolled his eyes and quietly shut it off and slip it in. Khushi just caught the screen saying 37 missed calls. 

β€œSwitched it on to call my coach about Arav’s practice, forgot to switch it off” he mumbled. 

β€œWhy is it switched off in the first place?” she asked. 

He didn’t answer. 

β€œGetting angry or upset is human, but don’t shut your family off. Anjali was so sad this morning that you weren’t speaking to her.”

β€œDamn it, don’t start that now. I just wanted some time off without any of their influences.” 

She looked at him. Khushi had learnt only yesterday from Akaash and Payal that Arnav was upset with how the engagement announcement had taken him by surprise that he wasn’t speaking to anyone at home. 

She couldn’t fathom why anyone would like a girl but did not want to get committed to her. This kind of relationship was all new to her. If she had got to know about this a month back, she would have happily doubted Arnav’s morality. But now that she knew about him, she was sure that it wasn’t about ethics or morality. Did he not go against his elders to get Akaash and Payal married? Did he not fight with Dadi and Nani for NK and La’s sake? 

Anjali had mentioned to Khushi that after her father lost most of the property, Arnav was the one who took the reins of the family business and it was because of him that the dwindling funds of the family at least saw some upsurge. She had also learnt that he had let go his own interests and savings for the family’s sake. How can a man who was so loving towards his family be any less in morality? Arnav’s bonding with Arav too was a proof that this man was so abundant in love. But then what stops him from getting married and settling down with Sheetal? Did she not walk in when they both were in a moment of intimacy? He did care for the girl. Then why? Perhaps it was this family responsibility that is pushing him from getting married itself, she thought, perhaps he thought it was too selfish to settle down now- that could be the reason. That could be the only explanation. 

β€œKhushi? You are so quiet. What happened?”

Khushi shook her head as if to say nothing. 

They were in the car, already moving towards the city. 

β€œThere is a Devimaiyya temple in this part of the city, it is one of my favorite shrines, can we go there?”

He was silent for a moment, that she almost thought that he didn’t believe in God or perhaps didn’t visit temples. 

β€œYou know, its 2.30 already and I am hungry” he told her

β€œThey will serve prasad at the temple, yummy!”

β€œWhat the?”

β€œCan we just go please? It closes at 3”

β€œWhere is it?” he asked a moment later. 

She enthusiastically showed him the way. 

As they climbed up the steps of the temple, the temple was almost deserted due to the closing hours of the day and the breeze was refreshingly pleasant in spite of the late afternoon sun. As the two hurried towards the shrine for a quick Darshan. The priest seemed to know Khushi well as they exchanged pleasantries. 

Khushi quickly placed a prayer for Arnav’s peace of mind, for him to resolve all those issues that he was currently getting pressurized with, for his conflicts with his family to be ended and to provide him the strength and resolution to settle down in his life with the girl he liked. 

She also sent a quick prayer for herself- thanking Devimaiyya for showing her the way to friendzone Arnav, for helping her overcome that inappropriate attraction towards Arnav that she had felt a few days back and for making her take the right path again. 

Arnav on the other hand wondered why he was increasingly getting fascinated and enticed with the surprise package which was murmuring something with her eyes shut and her expressions on loose! 

He was so surprised that they met only a month ago and the circumstances which presented them to meet each other was so apt for them to hate each other. Yet, hate was something that was always a pretense between them, it was not dominant anywhere in the equation between them. 

There was always an underlying current of attraction between them- that much he realized. At the first meeting, he could say that it was lust that he felt with her. He wasn’t proud of it, but that’s what he had felt at that time. The subsequent meetings made sure that the conflicts and bickering pronounced a strong sense of attraction that only rivals can entertain. Then was a distinct time which was dominated by infatuation. He had wanted to flirt with her, rile her up and fluster and tease her a bit, he had felt envious of others getting closer to her – but then, things changed from that point to something more. He wasn’t sure about this feeling yet- he couldn’t comprehend what it was or where it would take him. He couldn’t get her off his mind, and he couldn’t stop staring at her when she was around. While he shut everyone away, he wanted to spend time with her willingly, he wanted to take care of all her wishes, even the crazy ones like visiting this Devimaiyya temple even if he had to take a U turn and drive back 2 miles to reach the place. 

He was getting all the signals that she was friend zoning him cautiously. For now, he was even happy to play along on those lines just because he knew it was her wish. 

β€œDevi’s prasad” The priest said giving Khushi a Laddoo. β€œSorry, only one piece was left”

β€œNo problem, we will share” Khushi told happily as she divided the laddoo into halves and gave him a half

β€œMy lunch for today” Arnav commented seeing the laddoo as he saw her dumping the other half into her mouth almost choking herself in the action. 

β€œSlow down Khushi, I wouldn’t snatch it from you, you know”

She grinned at him. 

β€œOh the way you were staring at your half laddoo, I was sure you were going to do that

The two walked back to the car. 

β€œSo where are we heading now?” Khushi asked as she got in β€œIt’s too late to have lunch, may be we can stop by a road side shop for garama-garam chai”

β€œNo…No way Khushi, I have to head back to the office now, have some work.”

β€œOh, that’s alright, drop me at the nearby bus stop, I will take a bus home”

β€œReally? You forgot the deal Khushi? We spend the entire day together. I spent the first half with you, now it’s your turn”

β€œWhat will I do at your office?”

Arnav shrugged 

β€œA deal is a deal Khushi” 

β€œOkay! Step on it”

Arnav stopped at a site where the construction of villas were in progress to inspect it with Khushi tagging along and then they were on the way to Raizada Properties office. 

It was almost 5 when they reached RP. 

Arnav said that he had to attend a meeting at 5 and Akaash had to leave early as he was going to bring Payal back from her Maikka that evening. Khushi volunteered to stay in the office lounge until he finished his meeting. 

β€œyou will be alright?”

β€œOf course! I have a date to keep me company” she said pulling out a book. 

At 15 minutes past 6 she saw him coming out of the conference room and stood up

β€œSo shall we go home now?”

β€œI have got a dinner party to attend" Arnav told as a matter of fact "I am expected to bring in a date"

"So? Why are you telling me this?" Khushi asked him with a equally complacent tone "Do you want me to find a date for you?"

"I want you to come with me" 

"Excuse me?" Khushi looked at him horrified "with you?" She turned around to see if anyone around would have heard it . Thankfully, the office corridor was deserted in spite of the hour.

What's got into him? he was alright from morning and now he has gone back to the flirtatious mode. 

"We have a dress code for the party" he said not waiting for an acceptance from her. "You have to change into a red or black"

"How did you conceive in your thick head of yours that I will yes to this?"

"You have no choice Khushi" Arnav said, turning into the corridor to his office cabin.  "remember the bet? you agreed for  'kuch bhi' if you lost" he asked smirking at her.

"Khadoos! you tricked me into it"

"Sir, your package just arrived" Murli, his executive assistant stood waiting near the entrance with a package.

"Thanks Murli" Arnav said taking it from him, Opening the door to his cabin. 

"This is for you" he said dumping the package into her hands 

Khushi hastily checked the designer dress in the package muttering to herself and let out a groan when she saw what she found in it

"No way I am wearing this" she muttered holding up a beautiful, short red dress.

"You can use the adjacent cabin" he said opening a door marked pantry, and quickly locking the outside entrance to the pantry. I have asked one of my female staffs to help you if you need it" 

"How conveniently well planned?" Khushi asked sarcastically 

"We are leaving in 20 mins ok?" he said still smirking as he disappeared into another door labelled "Private, entry restricted"

15 mins later, Arnav opened the door that connected his personal cabin into his office space, he got speechless. 

bwaahahhahahahaha...Long update and the day is not over yet. See ya soon, comments please;)

Edited by abavi - 4 years ago

I have already read this part before. But now also it felt like i am reading it for the first time. Arnav is so much into khushi. And yeah khushi is completely a surprise package. I like her characterisation very much. Now waiting for the second part of their day.

And it was cheating that you stopped at the teaser part. Any way waiting ..

So beautifully written

Continue soon!

Oh my god I was so engaged in reading that couldn't realize it's finish please next soon can't wait … I m so happy that Arnav is not into engaging with sheetal and Arshi are in the line of realizing their attraction for each other … please no matter what but no Arshi separation 

Excellent part!! πŸ’•

Arnav's stuck! Hope he will get to know what he has to do with Sheetal and his family. Dadi won't budge easily.