eager to read this Geet SS! 

Kalpana_KaCy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: maherkhan

nice...

both part was good..
waiting for next..
can't you update daily just like daily shows...

Wish I could. But with my mom sick and studies, I am having tough time updating once a month, forget daily. Moreover I have wrist issues so i cannot write a full chapter on daily basis. But no worries! From now on, any new stories I write, I won't start posting them till half of the story is fully written. Promise!
Kalpana_KaCy thumbnail

Originally posted by: taahir004

Fantastic Chapter 

I loved and enjoyed this chapter so much , college life is the absolute best 
Mr Khurana has phoned so Geet gets placed in a room with girls that won't rag her 
but help her while again he has made his sister Tanya befriend Geet ease her into the social life 
who is this Dev or Maan ? 
the way you describe every character that was really awesome 
waiting to see more of Geet's college life 

It was Maan!
And I am glad you liked my characters. 
Kalpana_KaCy thumbnail

Originally posted by: idunno

Very interesting update, why Maan is taking so much intrest in her? Why Dadima said better she forget device or many life will ruined? Is Maan in love with Geet?

Errr... you will get your answers later. But one thing is for sure, Maan is not in love with her. You will get to know about his interest later in the story. 
Kalpana_KaCy thumbnail

Originally posted by: kabslocks

Congrats for new ff. Lovely start. Geet is Khuranas butler daughter. She is in love with Dev. Geet went to Mumbai to study. Mr. Khurana is taking care of her at every step of her life in Mumbai. I hope this Mr. Khurana is Maan. Update next part soon.

That wasnt clear? Oops! It was Maan!
Kalpana_KaCy thumbnail

CHAPTER 3. HOSTEL LIFE PART I

"Hey Babaji! You have to help me! I don't have any other options!, Geet ranted as she paced in the hostel room. Nandini and Shweta had yet to come home but Dhruva and Rati were there and both of them frowned as they noticed Geet pacing and worrying.

Rati nudged Dhruva, "What's wrong with her?

Dhruva shrugged, "No idea! Lets ask!

Geet was pacing to and fro the whole length of the room and jumped in surprise when she turned and came face to face with Rati and Dhruva.

"What gives, girl? What has you pacing like a maniac?, asked Dhruva.

Geet huffed as she fiddled with the end of her dupatta, "Its nothing!

"Oh come on!, Rati rolled her eyes, "Its definitely not nothing when you are pacing like you are doing march past! What happened, girl?

Geet sighed and went to her bed. She sat down and pouted, "Its freshers' party night in two days in my college!

"Oh cool!, Rati perked up, "So why are you so sad?

Geet pouted, "We are expected to sing or dance and walk the ramp and give our introductions!, she whined.

"So..., Dhruva frowned, "Don't worry about the song and dance thingy! Sing or dance whatever you want!, she shrugged, "No one cares! Its all about having fun!

Geet gave her a bland look, "Who cares about the performance? I have it ready!

Rati frowned, "Then? Why are you worried? Its not about giving intro, right?

"Oh no!, Geet shook her head, "I wrote it down two days back when I was told about the party!

"Then?, both girls shouted. What had Geet so much worried?

Geet pouted, "I have no idea how to walk the ramp. I mean you are supposed to be graceful and all, and I tried to do it with Tanya but I couldn't!

Rati sat down beside her in confusion, "How can you not know how to walk? I mean you do walk on daily basis. You were just walking to and fro, you know!

Both Geet and Dhruva glared at her.

Dhruva spoke up, "She meant walking in front of so many people, right girl?, Dhruva looked at Geet.

Geet shook her head, "No!

Now Dhruva also sat down beside her, "Then what is the problem?

Finally Geet burst out, "I don't know how to walk on heels! I have never wore one in my life. Tanya allowed me to borrow one of hers as they matched with my Saree but when I tried walking on it, I couldn't. I kept tripping! Add Saree to the mix, and that's a wardrobe malfunction in the making!

Dhruva and Rati's eyes widened.

Rati spoke up, "Oh man! So true! I mean what if you trip on your Saree and you pulled it down or something?

Geet nodded looking morose. She got up and pulled out a grey Saree with black border and a black off shoulder blouse from her cupboard. She laid them on the bed and pulled out a black heeled pump shoes wrapped in cloth bag from her college backpack. Geet placed them on the floor and pointed them to the girls.

"Look how big the heels are!, Geet gasped out.

"And they are stilettos!, Dhruva cried out looking worried.

Geet then pointed to her Saree, "And look at the Saree! Its so delicate! It will tear up easily!

Rati fingered the material and then looked at Geet, "You have every right to worry, girl! This material is very thin!

Geet sighed and sat down beside them. All three girls placed their heads in their hands looking worried about Geet's party.

"Who died?, came a comment and all three turned to see Shweta standing there eyeing all three of them like they were some aliens.

"Geet's future!, sighed Rati.

"Geet's career!, sighed Dhruva.

"Geet's... I mean... my whole college life!, whined Geet.

"Oh God! You people are so melodramatic!, growled Shweta, "Now quit the stupid antics and tell me what happened!

Geet sighed and narrated the whole story.

Shweta went and checked the Saree and then the heels. Then she announced her solution, "Just wear something else!

Geet shook her head, "This is the only party wear I have right now! I will have to buy new one and Pappaji can't send me money till next week! I have already talked to him!

"Then borrow something from one of us or your classmates!, shrugged Shweta.

Geet nodded but looked down, "I guess I could but this Saree was my mom's and I wanted to sing her favourite song at the party while wearing it. Ah well! I will ask Tanya tomorrow if she has anything I could borrow!

Geet got up and started to place the Saree inside, looking dull and sad.

Shweta noticed her expression and then she looked at the other two girls, who too were looking sad after hearing Geet's reason behind wearing the Saree.

"Maybe..., Shweta mumbled and all other three girls looked at her eagerly, "I could teach you how to walk on those heels! I have worn many of them for office parties!

"Really?, Geet asked and when Shweta nodded, she eagerly ran and hugged Shweta tightly.

Shweta rolled her eyes but hugged Geet back.

For two days Geet practised and by the end of the week, Geet could give even the models a run for their money in ramp walking on heels. As Geet walked in front of the mirror the evening before the party her eyes widened as she realised that she was starting to walk the way Dev's former girlfriends used to walk. She grinned eagerly. I am learning the things that Dev likes in his lady love! Perfect!

That night, Geet came out of the bathroom wearing her grey Saree with black border, black off shoulder blouse and her black heels and struck a pose in a dramatic manner. Shweta, Rati and Dhruva cheered eagerly and clapped. Rati even whistled. Geet grinned at them excited. Nandini just ignored them as she normally frowned upon these kinds of parties.

"But what are you doing to your hair?, asked Rati.

"And make up?, murmured Dhruva.

Geet shrugged, "What more should I do? I am ready!

All three looked at Geet in shock. She had her hair open and she had worn a simple pink lipstick and mild eye liner.

"Oh no no no no! You are not going like that to a party!, announced Shweta and the other two girls nodded empathetically.

Geet frowned, "What?

"Sit down!, Shweta dragged Geet in front of the dresser and Geet sat down in front of the mirror. Next thing she knew, all three girls got involved in getting her ready. They had okayed her silver earrings, necklace and bracelet but they were adamant about doing something to her hair and her face.

After half hour, they were done and Geet was surprised by how different she looked. Her lips had turned blood red, her eyes had the smokey eye make up and her hair was all in curls. Her roommates even adjusted her Saree a little to give it a stylish twist. For the first time, Geet saw herself as not a teenager but a woman and she felt empowered by the look.

"Perfect, right?, chirped Rati and Geet nodded. Yes! I look definitely perfect.

"GEET! GEET!, cheered Tanya and her friends, the moment the emcee announced that next contestant was Geet. The party had started and all the freshers and new transfers were told to join backstage the moment they arrived. Because of that, Geet's friends had yet to see her and they were all eager to see her performance. Tanya was particularly excited because she had seen Geet's Saree when Geet had asked if Tanya had any shoes matching the Saree. Geet had brought the Saree to College but had hidden it and shown it only to Tanya. Tanya thought that the Saree was beautiful and was eager to see how Geet looked in it. Tanya was a little nervous because she had seen Geet walk in her heels and stumble many times. In the night, she had called Geet asking if she wanted a dress in place of Saree or some normal shoes without heels but Geet had assured her that she could manage it. Now Tanya eagerly awaited Geet's arrival and prayed that the girl didn't stumble. She had her mobile out to shoot Geet's video.

"Video? Are you mad?, Vedant had asked. But Tanya had shrugged, "I know I wanted someone to shoot me when I was a fresher. So I thought if not mine, I can atleast shoot Geet's!

"Why didn't you ask us? We would have shot your video then!, Ashwin had said.

Tanya had given him a deadpanned look, "Duffer! You were a fresher too, remember! You must have been in the backstage too! Then how could you have shot me?

Ashwin had winced while others had chuckled.

Now Tanya stood eagerly, ready to shoot the moment Geet came out. Tanya had another reason to shoot Geet too; Maan had asked her to.

Just then Geet arrived and Tanya's jaw dropped open. She looked beautiful! Tanya was not the only one shocked.

"Wow! Geet looks so gorgeous!, Siddhi looked wide eyed.

"That girl knows how to clean up!, Kanika sounded impressed.

"Is that really Geet?, asked Vedant as he removed his specs, wiped it with his T-Shirt and wore it again as if unable to believe what he saw.

"She looks good!, commented Shreyas.

"Good? Say best!, Rahul was drooling over Geet.

Another person drooling over Geet was Ashwin, "Agreed!

The spotlight shone on Geet and she gave everyone a wave. The crowd started to cheer for her and she felt her heartbeat build up. She was overwhelmed by the reaction. She looked around and spotted her friends. She waved at them and the girls waved her back eagerly. The boys were clapping and Rahul was even whistling.

Geet took a deep breath and then walked down the ramp with head straight and one hand on her hip. She remembered the tips that Shweta had given her and followed them to the point. She reached the end of the ramp and she heaved a sigh of relief that nobody noticed. She introduced herself by her name and explained that she was here as a transfer to second year. The moment she stopped talking, the crowd cheered for her. She grinned happily at the response she got.

And then the emcee asked if Geet was singing or dancing. Geet replied singing and the mike was handed to her. She gripped the mike with nervousness and turned towards the crowd. They quieted down and Geet started to sing.

Aayiye Meherbaan

"Amazing voice!, Kanika commented.

Baithiye Jaane Jaan

"Amazing voice!, mumbled Rahul dreamily.

Shauk Se Leejiyeji

Geet felt encouraged when people watched her spellbound.

Ishq Ke Imtehaan

Aayiye Meherbaan

Baithiye Jaane Jaan

Shauk Se Leejiyeji

Ishq Ke Imtehaan

Aayiye Meherbaan...

She started to walk here and there in a very graceful manner.

Kaise Ho Tum Naujawaan

Kitne Haseen Mehmaan

Kaise Ho Tum Naujawaan

Kitne Haseen Mehmaan

Her hips swayed as she gestured to the crowd.

Kaise Karun Main Bayaan

Dil Ki Nahi Hai Zubaan

Kaise Karun Main Bayaan

Dil Ki Nahi Hai Zubaan

She noticed Tanya and sent her a wink.

Aayiye Meherbaan

Baithiye Jaane Jaan

Shauk Se Leejiyeji

Ishq Ke Imtehaan

Aayiye Meherbaan...

"Did she wink at me?, asked Rahul.

"No way! She winked at me!, mumbled Ashwin.

"Oh God! You two are so silly!, Siddhi rolled her eyes, "She winked at Tanya!

Tanya and Kanika shared a glance and chuckled.

Dekha Machalke Jidhar

Bijli Gira Di Udhar

Dekha Machalke Jidhar

Bijli Gira Di Udhar

Geet noticed the swaying crowd and wished that Dev was here to see her.

Kiska Jala Aashiyaan

Bijli Ko Yeh Kya Khabar

Kiska Jala Aashiyaan

Bijli Ko Yeh Kya Khabar

And one day I will come like lightning in Dev's life and he will become mine, thought Geet.

Aayiye Meherbaan

Baithiye Jaane Jaan

Shauk Se Leejiyeji

Ishq Ke Imtehaan

Aayiye Meherbaan

Baithiye Jaane Jaan

Shauk Se Leejiyeji

Ishq Ke Imtehaan

Aayiye Meherbaan...

The song ended and there were claps and laughter surrounding Geet. She felt tears well up in her eyes at everyone's reaction. She blinked them away and bowed to them. Soon she was off stage and surrounded by her friends.

"Wow, Geet! You were amazing!

"You were mindblowing!

"You look so gorgeous!

"Where did you learn to walk like that? Last I remember you were stumbling around!

"Forget walking! Where did you learn to sing like that?

"Your hair look so pretty!

"You look so pretty!

All her friends exclaimed excitedly as they appreciated her and her performance. She didn't notice when Tanya sneaked away for few minutes and when she came back. Geet was too lost in everyone's comments to notice her movements.

Meanwhile at Dilli...

"Hey Babaji! I am so tired today!, sighed Geet's father as he sat down after a day's hard work.

Just then there was a knock on the door and he got up to open it.

He was surprised when Maan Singh Khurana stood there with folded arms.

Few minutes later, he had tears in his eyes as Maan showed him in his mobile a video of Geet performing in front of the crowd.

"My daughter! She has grown up, Sir!, Mohinder said as he wiped his eyes.

Maan nodded as he watched it too.

"Sir! Can I have this...video..., Geet's father stuttered as he pointed at the video.

Maan nodded and taking Mohinder's phone he sent the video to him.

As Maan pocketed his phone, he was surprised to see Mohinder folding his hands in front of him in prayer position, "Thank you Sir! Thank you so much for everything you have done for Geet!

Maan shook his head, "I did nothing!

"Don't say its nothing, Sir! Your nothing meant the world for me! You protected her, shielded her since she was a teenager and now when she is so far away, you are still doing everything to keep her safe! Not only that, but my daughter has got the opportunity to study and learn so many things in Mumbai all thanks to you! You have changed her life, Sir! And for that, I will always be in debt of you!

Maan nodded and feeling uncomfortable, excused himself and walked away. Mohinder thanked Babaji for sending Maan Sir into their lives and went back to watching the video.

That night Mohinder Handa watched the video of his daughter for more than ten times but he was never satisfied.

That night someone else also watched that video many times and that person was Maan. It was late night and Maan was tired of signing the documents. So out of boredom, he had taken his mobile out and watched the video. But as he watched, he got mesmerised and a soft smile came upon his face. The voice soothed him and made him feel calm. No one knew, but since that day, whenever Maan felt tired or fed up of his monotonous work, he would simply pull out the video and watch it. And then there would be a soft smile on his face and he would feel freshened up.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Many of you think that NT is already Dev's fianc. But that is not the case. When Geet left for Mumbai, Dev was not engaged. I just introduced NT at the start with all the others because she will play important part in the story later.

SONG DETAILS:

Its from movie Howrah Bridge (1958) and sung by Asha Bhonsle. The reason I chose this song was because I sang the same song at a college function in my last year and ended up winning first prize thanks to it. So I couldn't think of any other song apt for this situation than this one.

Thank you, take care and have fun,

Kalpana

taahir004 thumbnail
Chapter 3

Just so Fabulous 

Geet's nervousness and the way her friends helped her 
and made sure she wears a saree with heels because the 
saree was her mothers 
Tanya sending Maan the video and he in turn sending to Mohinder 
was truly a kind gesture 
Geet still only having Dev in her thoughts and how one day she will
make him fall for her because already she can walk in heels like he prefers 
his partners to wear 
Maan seems smitten with the video and uses it to calm himself and relax 
Madhu_31 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Read all the 3 parts in one go!!
Totally amazing😃
Geet is total deewani of Dev and for Dev she is just a kid!!Great!
And Maan is the one who is also ensuring her safety..is he just doing this for Mohinder or sm other reason😉
Dadima is the one who sent Geet away!!
Glad that Geet got amazing friends who are ready to help her..but in all this Maan is playing the main role..
After the fresher's party Geet became very popular..
And the video is special to MSK too😳
Loved the updates!!
Kalpana_KaCy thumbnail

Originally posted by: taahir004

Chapter 3

Just so Fabulous 

Geet's nervousness and the way her friends helped her 
and made sure she wears a saree with heels because the 
saree was her mothers 
Tanya sending Maan the video and he in turn sending to Mohinder 
was truly a kind gesture 
Geet still only having Dev in her thoughts and how one day she will
make him fall for her because already she can walk in heels like he prefers 
his partners to wear 
Maan seems smitten with the video and uses it to calm himself and relax 

Thank you for reviewing. Glad you liked it.