Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
This is a very interesting story. First I wanted to attempt this prompt to develop my story, but later deviated from this and settled with some other prompt. That's why this theme is dearer to me , even I prepared a synopsis for this and  banner too was readied πŸ˜Š 
The title is great and the start is excellent, eager to read the further  development of the story πŸ˜Š  

coolie001 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

This is a very interesting story. First I wanted to attempt this prompt to develop my story, but later deviated from this and settled with some other prompt. That's why this theme is dearer to me , even I prepared a synopsis for this and  banner too was readied πŸ˜Š 

The title is great and the start is excellent, eager to read the further  development of the story πŸ˜Š  

Aww! That is so sweet of you! You are an excellent writer yourself. Interestingly, I wanted to pick the Urmila's theme but decided to write thisπŸ˜†

Thanks for your lovely comments and yes, all the very best to you πŸ˜³β€οΈ

Originally posted by: owin

Very interesting start.Different from typical Arnav and Kushi.
I shouldn't be surprised.You are very good.

Thanks a lot πŸ˜³

Originally posted by: angeldream14

intriguing

khushi is adopted but she has no idea
will d truth change her perspective toward life
who is her father

I guess you have to wait for the storyπŸ˜†
Thanks a lot for the comment. πŸ˜³

Edited by coolie001 - 5 years ago
coolie001 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jayasree.rao

An interesting story with a dose of suspense too.

Arnav an architect!
Wish to read further.
Is it in a book form and available? Please send me the link if so.can't wait to read as you have an unique style. 

Tan Q so much for your lovely comment! 

Not a digital book yet. I'm still working on it. Will let you know once I do so. Thanks and I hope you enjoy the story further😳
jyothirockz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
What is with Arnav and the job offer? Even before that, I first guessed that he was standing with Anjali and the workoholic, but got it wrong, now why was he so interested in helping Khushi with Payal and alsonthe job offer... cannot wait to read more
dv19 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I dug, deeper and deeper in the past
What I  saw was a dust particle from the Carter
By the time I mature not with the physical but what also meant
From the star dust I managed to hold on and grew taller
The three beans of the jacks red bean stalk may be
I could see him as similar, sharper and stronger as me
I was the little sparrow ,the warmth under the belly was yellow
I was the bird which they call swallow but I preferred mellow 
To be called sunbird, I loved canary
I loved the sour, i loved the flair
I loved the gold simmered in his/Her eyes as gold
Truth to be told
I woke up all
The deep slumber not for me not for them not for anyone
My life my son who is the child of the sun
Anytime would give life to all
So I made him stronger then all
It was when he turned four
The summer holidays in the sea shore
The summer camp held mothers day 
My lil  one gifted me his hand prints making my day
It was yellow the fingers primed in the shape of the wheel
I knew he would be the Cartesian or galileo  who would feel
He made my life he made me look things in different perspective 
I gave birth, I will give my life for him irrespective. 

Lived the poem sre .
The first is little3 ab  the second part is about little v.

coolie001 thumbnail

Originally posted by: dv19

I dug, deeper and deeper in the past

What I  saw was a dust particle from the Carter
By the time I mature not with the physical but what also meant
From the star dust I managed to hold on and grew taller
The three beans of the jacks red bean stalk may be
I could see him as similar, sharper and stronger as me
I was the little sparrow ,the warmth under the belly was yellow
I was the bird which they call swallow but I preferred mellow 
To be called sunbird, I loved canary
I loved the sour, i loved the flair
I loved the gold simmered in his/Her eyes as gold
Truth to be told
I woke up all
The deep slumber not for me not for them not for anyone
My life my son who is the child of the sun
Anytime would give life to all
So I made him stronger then all
It was when he turned four
The summer holidays in the sea shore
The summer camp held mothers day 
My lil  one gifted me his hand prints making my day
It was yellow the fingers primed in the shape of the wheel
I knew he would be the Cartesian or galileo  who would feel
He made my life he made me look things in different perspective 
I gave birth, I will give my life for him irrespective. 

Lived the poem sre .
The first is little3 ab  the second part is about little v.

ResπŸ‘
dv19 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Did you like it. My own poetry. BakwAs..
I wrote in 5 mins... wtg outside vedants pottery classes 

coolie001 thumbnail

Originally posted by: dv19

Did you like it. My own poetry. BakwAs..

I wrote in 5 mins... wtg outside vedants pottery classes 

Awesome. Such depth. Really amazing πŸ‘
Bakwas nai Wah boss! πŸ˜†
Very very nice. 
coolie001 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jyothirockz

What is with Arnav and the job offer? Even before that, I first guessed that he was standing with Anjali and the workoholic, but got it wrong, now why was he so interested in helping Khushi with Payal and alsonthe job offer... cannot wait to read more

Hehe...everything will be construed soon!πŸ˜†
coolie001 thumbnail

Based on Prompt 7

Total words: 5206

Chapter 3 [2631 Words]

The clouds enveloped the city, ready to pour down copious amounts of rain. Khushi was sitting at the bus stop near her college, waiting for Payal. The bus stop had a small shelter that she was sure was no help if it rained. She watched a corpulent man walk towards the bus stop and stood a little away from her. Except that the always occupied bus stop was calm. Khushi stared at the sky and grimaced, she would have reached home earlier but Payal suggested she was leaving early, and she can pick Khushi. However, Payal had some urgent work in the last minute and apparently, she was running 40 minutes late now. Payal told her she would pick her at five and now it was 5:40 but no sign of her sister.

She found an empty can lying a few inches away from her. She looked at the dustbin kept a few feet away. Well, why not have some fun she thought. She stood up and angled her feet sideways and kicked the can targeting the bin, however, the can flew straight hitting the man on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry," she felt miserable. The man gave her a stern look but didn't say a thing. He turned away and kept looking to his right, waiting for his bus perhaps. She walked slowly and picked the can and threw it in the bin.

"I'm really sorry," she said again. He nodded, but didn't spare a glance and resumed his wait for the bus again.

After admonishing herself for the impetuous act, she picked her phone and dialed Payal's number, again.

"Yes, I'm almost there," Payal yelled from the other side. Khushi had to push the phone a little away.

"Okay," she cut the call.

She was meeting her friends at Lavanya's house to hang out before they went for the semester break. Lavanya, Akash, NK, Khushi have spent almost all the summers together. They have been friends since 6th grade and were quite a close-knit group. Lavanya was going to Amsterdam. NK was going for an internship in Pune, and Akash was going to laze around in Mumbai. Therefore, they decided to spend some time as Khushi will be gone for the whole semester.

Lavanya's parents were divorced when she was 6, and she was the only child. She stayed with her dad in a huge house. Her dad was in trade business and was out of town most days, and Lavanya had a caretaker, Lakshmi, a very fun and supportive person. All the parents were assured because Lakshmi stayed there if any trouble comes. So, they goofed around a lot at Lavanya's place.

They decided to meet at 9 and Akash was picking Khushi up. She was chatting with her friends planning their night out when her phone beeped indicating a message from Arnav. She was pleasantly surprised to get his message after so long. She quickly opened the message.

Arnav: Hi, I was wondering if you are up for a coffee. (FYI, not a date)

Khushi couldn't help but chuckle. Without beating around the bush, he came straight to the point. She never went out with any guy, not that anyone didn't ask her. A lot of guys did approach her, but she didn't feel that connection with anyone. Now, Arnav asked, and it was no different but this guy had a mystic aura around him and she felt a good vibe about him. What harm could a coffee do? So, she agreed.

Khushi: I am pleasantly surprised, but I'd join you for a coffee. :D

Arnav: Awesome. How about tomorrow at 5?

Khushi: Sounds good! Where?

Arnav: Let that be a surprise!

Khushi: Whoa?

Arnav: So, where should I pick you from?

Khushi: Umm... is this your plan to find where I live. If so, it sucks! :P

Arnav: Ouch! Where did you get that from?

Khushi: :D Anyways, I'll share the location. See you at 5?

Arnav: Okay, have a good evening!

Khushi: Yep! You too!

She sat there smiling to herself when a car pulled in front of her and Payal looked practically messed. Her hair was no less than a nest. Khushi got up and gave an apologetic smile to the man and jumped into the passenger seat.

"What's wrong?" Khushi sniggered poking Payal's hair with her finger.

"Long story. Forget it. I'm sorry for the wait, babes. There was so much traffic on the way, and I got out to see what the mess was about, and kind of got wet and blasted the heater in the car and this is the result,"

"Interesting, by the way, Arnav texted," she told Payal, feeling the heat rise in her cheeks.

"Ooh! Spill,"

"Well, he asked me for a coffee, not a date, by the way," she added trying to act nonchalant.

"Wow! Not a date but just a coffee, classic!" Payal grinned at her, but she maintained a straight face.

"Come on, Payal. Just gratitude,"

"Aha! I see," Payal sniggered.

Khushi switched on the radio and let the music envelope space, changing the topic, but Payal was Payal after all.

He waited patiently for her, just one glance and that is all needed. Should he tell her how he felt for her? Is it the right time? Just when he thought he should tell her how he felt, she walked out from the room, her T-shirt hugging tight to her body, accentuating her structure, and the shorts showing off her legs. He felt all his thoughts evaporate.

"Ahem," Shashi stood in front of him. His gaze stern and intimidating, a tinge of predatory look.

"Hi, uncle," he greeted sheepishly. He was caught red-handed checking out Payal. Shit! If it were someone else, he would have been murdered then and there, but this was Shashi uncle. He felt so terrible.

"Akash," Garima saw him and walked to him enthusiastically.

"How are you? Did you eat something? Come with me, I've made your favorite sweets," with that the awkward moment passed. He strode to the kitchen behind Garima.

He watched Payal walk into the kitchen with an empty water bottle. She gave him a smug smile before filling water. He filled his mouth with a laddoo and tried to smile but coughed in return.

"Oh, careful Akash! Payal hand him some water," Garima lightly patted his back.

"Ugh...ugh... I am fine," he told them and gulped some water.

"Akash?" Khushi called him.

"I am ready, let's go," she told him and for the first time, he was more than happy to leave after Shashi's constant gaze fixated on him.

"You owe me...wait...$450" NK gleamed at Lavanya.

"That's crap, you moved your houses to Broadway, I saw you do that," Lavanya yelled.

They were quite engaged in playing monopoly.

"What's wrong Akash?" Khushi asked. He seemed oddly quiet and out of place. Everyone's gaze moved to him. He looked at them, weighing something in his head, before sharing his apprehensions.

"I will tell, but Khushi, promise me, you will help me as a friend," he made it clear beforehand.

"Okay," Khushi drawled, speculating something fishy.

"I...I was at your home today to pick you right?"

"This sounds interesting, and? NK snorted.

"Shut up, NK," Khushi shushed him.

"Well, I was kind of looking at Payal and uncle caught me staring," he told them, feeling flushed with embarrassment.

"What?" Khushi said and all broke into fits of laughter.

"This is why I hate you all!" he groaned getting up to leave.

"Sorry, sit," Khushi pulled him down.

"So, what do I do? I always respected uncle and never ever felt this awkward," he almost cried.

"Dude, you are checking his daughter out. We all know how you stare," NK smirked and added "Also, I never told you, I kissed Payal on her cheek once and Shashi uncle slapped me, here," he pointed to his left cheek.

Akash looked aghast and gasped for breath.

"Shut up, NK! He is lying Akash," Lavanya told him to pull him out of his misery.

"Look Akash, it is no big deal, everyone knows that you are head over heels in love with Payal, I'm not sure if mom knows, but dad knows," she told him.

"What?" Akash asked confused.

"Yes, so relax and now play, let's bring NK down," she said, startling NK who was shifting houses silently from one block to other.

She hasn't mentioned about Arnav yet. She decided she would tell them later.

Khushi waited patiently for Arnav to arrive. She told her parents that she was going out for a coffee with Arnav. Shashi agreed without a blink. However, Garima stipulated that she was to share her location and be careful, carry the pepper spray, etcetera. She groaned inwardly and simply nodded otherwise she wouldn't receive this abridged version of terms and conditions, instead will get an elaborated version of her mom.

She knew her mother was just being skeptical about Arnav, which was good, but she felt a good vibe from Arnav. So, she didn't doubt much.

At sharp 5:00 Arnav knocked on the front door and she answered the door. He looked every amount of handsome in that suit. What the hell! He looked so formal, and she was wearing casual jeans and T-shirt. IT IS NOT A DATE! She reminded herself.

"Hi," she heard her mom from behind.

"Namaste, aunty,"

That was all that was needed. Her mom connected to Arnav instantly, her previous speculations vanished into thin air. After exchanging pleasantries, they were out of the house.

"So, where are we going?"

"That is still a surprise," a lazy smirk settled on his face making him look gorgeous. This is the first time Khushi observed him. She was kind of preoccupied with Payal the first time they met.

"Umm," she was however dubious about the not a date theory!

"So, when are you planning to go to London?" he asked, killing the silence.

"In two days!" she told him as he looked at her.

He was a handsome, amiable man. She looked at the little scar that ran over his left eyebrow, accentuating his features.

Khushi was pleasantly surprised as he pulled the vehicle to a side and asked her to get down.

"Here?" she asked, quite taken aback. It was lush trees, and nothing was visible around.

"Yes, why, are you scared of me?" he asked leaning a little closer towards her and she moved a little away and shook her head.

"No,"

His chuckle reverberated in her ears and she felt tingly.

"Alright, let's go," he opened the door for her and offered his hand.

"This is not a date!" she proclaimed and got out of the car without shaking his hand.

He couldn't help but smile. Closing the door, he walked to the trunk and got out a picnic basket, surprising her even more.

"What's in it?"

"Patience, come on," he led her through the wooded area, filled with lush green leaves.

They reached a small opening with a canopy of trees.

"Wow, this is so pretty!

"Indeed," he smiled as he settled her on one of the logs.

"And this is not a date!" she added sarcastically as she looked at him.

He poured in coffee from the thermos, and she eagerly looked into the basket he brought.

"Samosas?" she gleaned in happiness.

"Whoa! Looks like you love samosas," he brought in a plate and offered her.

"Are you kidding me? I love food!"

His gaze turned lovingly, and she smiled at him.

"Why are you wearing that suit?" she couldn't help but ask.

"I am coming from a meeting!" he said as he was now in his formal shirt and trousers.

"So, why did you ask me for a coffee?" she asked as she looked at him intently, this question sitting in her head for long enough.

"Honestly, I don't know," he said and looked every bit of genuine. She simply nodded before sipping in the hot coffee. Wow, she was having fun. They spoke for a long time, and everything was random.

It was almost 10:30 in the night when she reached her home. Khushi looked at him and felt the need to spend a little more time with him.

She waited for him to say something, but he kept staring at her.

"So, can that be counted as a date?" he asked her finally, breaking the stare game.

She peeled her eyes away and smiled at him.

"Maybe," she got down and walked towards him on the other side of the car, "or, maybe not!"

He laughed with alacrity as he walked her to the door.

"No offense, but the not a date felt better than a date," he added. She felt relaxed in his presence, she realized.

"I second that,"

"Okay, then! I don't know when we will meet again. Hopefully soon," he said and she felt a tug. She nodded.

"I had a lot of fun, and the food was amazing! Thanks," she said.

"Bye, Khushi, good night," he told her.

She didn't want him gone, but she didn't want to show that feeling surface.

"Goodnight, drive safe," he nodded before he walked back to his car and turning to wave her a final bye before she walked inside.

She expected her parents to sit in the living room and sighed in relief, and she didn't want them waiting for her, but she was unsure if she was blushing. That would make her very uncomfortable.

She refreshed and changed into her night clothes before settling on her bed. The time she spent with Arnav carried a boyish charm. He carried this panache in his personality that can make anyone like him. She didn't know when she would meet him again, but one thing was sure, there is going to be another meeting, she can just tell. Tomorrow was going to be a long day, with all the last-minute packing that was left to do. She closed her eyes and slipped into a peaceful slumber.

Anjali felt a little out of place. She didn't know why, but a fleeting feeling settled in her and it was hard to let go. So, the only peaceful way to overcome was to speak with her husband. He was apparently in the UK, to take care of some overseas business and she missed him terribly.

Raghbir was a successful man. He worked hard and took over his father's business and when he was 30, he married his love, Anjali. He ran a chain of hotels, simulation units for eminent industries.

"How come I haven't got any call since evening? his stern voice boomed from the other side.

She felt a sense of relief spread.

"I was with bhaiyya (brother)," she stretched her legs on the couch and laid back to let the muscles relax for a while.

"Oh, ok, how is he?"

"Yes, he seems a little offbeat, though! I am worried sometimes," she spoke her apprehensions to which her husband chuckled.

"You are always worried!" he mocked her.

"Now, stop it, if you don't take care of yourself, what can I do?" she countered.

"Let's call a truce, and I love you,"

"I love you," she spoke into the phone and closed her eyes.

"Are you okay?" he asked her, not hearing her continuous bubbly talk.

"I am fine!"

"Come to me, let us spend some time here," he suggested.

"Umm, but not until 5th, I got to attend the function,"

"Alright then, after the function is done, you can fly," he told her excitement evidently.

"Okay," she wanted to go see him. Right then, but the function was necessary. The orphanage is celebrating its 10th anniversary, and she wanted to spend time on that occasion.

Edited by coolie001 - 5 years ago