Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WaveTeal thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Ginnosuke_Nohar

Hello Everyone.

The forum as we all know have become really slow. So I was wanting to ask, Is it a seasonal thing, you know because of exam etc and the traffic will increase once the season is over. Or are we really in our last stages and if so is there any way we can get back that at least half of that 'hulchul' that used to be here. 

Because, I have confess, I don't have many sources of entertainment. Serials on TV are not very interesting these days. Netflix and Amazon, are viable options but the kind of slow-mo romance and sizzling chemistry that I root for isn't found easily. I like reading stories here and posting stories too. Romantic books, are filled with insta love and I hate stuffs like that. It's like forums people know what to write to satisfy their readers. 

And when life goes tough, I like to escape here. That is like most of the time.πŸ˜†

Sometimes I feel so bad for joining this late.

Please, share your side of story too and come up with ideas that will in some way help solve problem.

Same question i wanted to ask. 

Since I was having a severe writers block from past 4 months or so, I couldn't update anything. 

Coming into the forum after 2 month, I am in a state of puzzlement by the inactivity of GF...

I guess if there is not ample amount of content, writer and stories in this sense, then this is bound to happen. 

I hope and wish GF restores back to its previous gala state to at least let us cherish the memories of Maaneet for some more time. 2020 at least. 10 years of Geet!!
Madhu_31 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Hi Nohar!
GF is my second home and seeing it's almost lifeles state makes me sad!
Many had left due to personal reasons..marriage, kids , job etc
But one thing I am sure that still many are roaming here in GF but silently...I have seen old readers co e back when the fav writers give an update...it seems all are here but not commenting or making posts!
I am sure if old writers comeback our Forums will come back to life..but we can't putentire blame on them..they too have a life
In waiting for the old writers to come back, some are not giving a try to new works..that is also a problem!
Maaneet magic fading away, Noo day byday I am getting crazy for them and i think many are like me πŸ˜†

We the existing members should do something to bring back our forums to life πŸ˜ƒ
Not only storiesbut many games, discussion threads, chat clubs should be created and we must make our members active!
And we must make use of GHSP 9th Anniversary celebration to the fullest..smthing by which we can get the media coverage πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
We can trend too
But in all this we need unity and full involvement :D
I am sure GF will be active again...
Flame_of_Forest thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
you are right, the activity is low and this is not seasonal thing, it has been like this from last 1 and half year..in fact one year back it was lowest that I had seen, it is slightly better now.

One more reason I love this forum for (apart from Maaneet and stories) is because it is dynamic..the hustle bustle..the hulchul..people actively commenting on stories and writers responding to it.
I miss that now, I miss my friends here..and I miss the writers  and readers here who have kept it dynamic and active.

Having said that, there are still some readers and writers active on the forum. some are coming back. and it may pick up the speed again.

PS --
the hulchul word from your post πŸ˜†  that reminded me of a forum topic last year. 😳

Have we talked before on this forum (apart from your story) πŸ€“
Flame_of_Forest thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sporthy_smile28

I can still hear the Mahi background music when ever im in GFπŸ˜†

Jyse geet ka bhoot ghoom raha ho forum me🀣

activity is less no doubt but still there are people who visit GF... competitions... discussions and games hote the GF me once upon a timeπŸ˜›

till a year back i used to be on gf for a whole day looking for updates chatting with people or searching old stories...

now life has just got busy and gf became too silent k wo pull and urge jo tha to drop by wo dhere dhere kam ho raha hai

hope this place still be alive when people try n take a peek of gfπŸ˜›

😲 tumne toh Geet Forum ko bhoot bangala bana diya πŸ˜† A woman wandering aimlessly through this lonely and dark place, holding a candle in her hands..one cannot see her..can only hear her voice, can hear her singing..maahhii...maaahhhiii  πŸ˜†

Meerkat thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Twenty1st

^ oh i'm glad i came by then, i reckon everyone's busy or else GF peeps are usually dead helpful. Plus the unresponsiveness of GF has been discussed frequently.
BTW i love 21st, since its my birth date but i go by Soph or Sophie, or anything you like. I'm not too bothered really

Oww its random, does ur UN have a emaning then; maybe a character Ginosuke sounds chinese to me, maybe not. Aww thank you, i'm glad Nohar has some significance now. What does Nohar mean, i baby sis has a middle name Nahar but that's like a fmaily name which only she adopted lol, basically she had no choice lol

I wish for the same, if not everyday of teh year but atleast once a month or so. But its too big of an ask really, some probably have even forgotten their log ins, i know i would if i stop for a year lol. I really wish for some writers to return, Laxmi2010 topping my list for now. She's my GF legend lol

There is a discussion thread, maybe you can contribute towards it

But this is for old tales, maybe you can create a new one for current and new tales - that is if you like lol

And thank you for the suggestion of starting Handa the loner after a month, it'll probably be then since i have Hertz to read. However i am looking forwrad to reading you

God i talk too much lol

Before I say anything else, Sophie dear(See you became a dear. That was fast.πŸ˜›), I'm so glad that you talk too much because me talk much too and 'me talk pretty' too. See, how I inserted a book title here just because I felt like. Weird girl. I know.

Ginnosuke Nohara is the name of Shin Chan's grandfather. I hope you know who Shin Chan is or else we can't be friends. Just kidding.πŸ˜† 

Shin Chan is a Japanese cartoon/manga series so you were pretty close in discovering the origin of the name.

Thank you for the link. I will check it out soon.

See ya around, Sophs.
Meerkat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tia23Blush

Hey Nohar... 

I'm glad you put up this topic.. And am hoping just like you to have my doubts cleared...

I myself was absconding from the forum for 2yrs because of work issues.. Am back now but in between work keeps one busy.. This is my personal experience.. And hence the updates are super delayed...

Like you I wish from the bottom of my heart that the forum stays alive until some of us can manage to return with our works!!!

The lines in bold - Amen.

I totally get your points. Real world keeps us busy and serious and often depressed*. 

It's good to have a place where one can retreat. Not to forget this place gives a voice so many budding writers at the same time providing a platform to communicate with different people.

As far as delayed updates, that puts the readers off for sure. But there's always an inevitability of late updates when you are reading a work in progress. I think the readers understand that and are cooperative too. Now, an incomplete story, that's a different issue altogether. It leaves you disheartened. And IMO, it goes both ways. A writer also feels the pangs of leaving a story incomplete.

So I think, it's okay. As long as one is writing and is motivated to finish the story, it's totally alright.

* - personal opinion 

Edited by Ginnosuke_Nohar - 5 years ago
Meerkat thumbnail

Originally posted by: dqno1

I agree with you

The content is not out there and the slo mo romances and others seem almost childish

As a writer I try to keep the few readers I have left by giving frequent updates

As a reader I am limited to who I know will give me what I want from a story

Plus there are multiple biases too which restrict my reading. I won't read anyone who tends to leave stories incomplete; bad grammar is a no-no; devil heros, rape etc are no-nos. So many issues, I have
πŸ˜†

Anyways please post any stories that are engrossing and romantic also

If you want a suggestion try Web of love by ChandlerBing

One of my favs though sadly still incomplete but almost done

/

Oh don't get me started on childish romances, I'm sick of them. 

As for the bold sentence, We all some pet peeves, now don't we? I can't stand insta- lust stories at all. It's a no-no for me. Especially the contemporary kind that has filled the bookstore these days. If I talk about my preferences, I need characters that are grounded in reality not simple caricatures, their character growth, an intense emotional journey, and chemistry. And if the story has good dialogues too, that's like icing on the cake. But most of all I like a story that makes me feel good about life, love, and people. Sunshine-after-rain-kind-of-good.

Thank you for your response, dqno1. And thank you for the suggestion too. Will read soon.
Twenty1st thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Ginnosuke_Nohar

Before I say anything else, Sophie dear(See you became a dear. That was fast.πŸ˜›), I'm so glad that you talk too much because me talk much too and 'me talk pretty' too. See, how I inserted a book title here just because I felt like. Weird girl. I know.

Ginnosuke Nohara is the name of Shin Chan's grandfather. I hope you know who Shin Chan is or else we can't be friends. Just kidding.πŸ˜† 

Shin Chan is a Japanese cartoon/manga series so you were pretty close in discovering the origin of the name.

Thank you for the link. I will check it out soon.

See ya around, Sophs.

Thats fast and good, i like it Nohar sweets πŸ˜‰ I'm glad to meet a talker like ME lol, nah not wierd you'll find me insert a song here and there too lol

I dont know lol, shoot me. I'd google but cba. Not into the Manga scene, i watched only Ariety since my father liked it lol. So cant we be friends?πŸ˜­πŸ˜† Lol. Give it up to my guessing powerπŸ‘

Defo see you around lol. as long as you dont dissappear since i feel like i aint going nowhere lolπŸ˜‰

Bye sweets😊