Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

yizhihenanjing thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
I love Arnav in this story, love how their journey to the realization progresses, this story makes me feel relax and warm <3
I haven't received PM for chapter 9 :(
coolie001 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: yizhihenanjing

I love Arnav in this story, love how their journey to the realization progresses, this story makes me feel relax and warm <3

I haven't received PM for chapter 9 :(

Hieee...yeah, I haven't sent any PM for 9 yet. πŸ˜ƒ

Don't worry, you are on  my PM list. πŸ€—
amadea thumbnail
Great chapter
i have received pm for 7 and 8
coolie001 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Thanks, you guys! 

Special Mention for the previous post: anjs(First), gopikaaji, chinnulu, coderlady, Real_steel, dv19(thanks for the 'My Weakness'), ranogill, shoobie, AYUSHIVISHU, Uzii, yizhihenanzing, amadea,  πŸ˜ƒ thank you so much for all your comments. All others, thanks a ton for your likes. πŸ€—

I really appreciate y'all taking time to read the updates! Hope you enjoy the journey further.

Silent readers, please do comment and let me know how like the story. I'd really appreciate. It is okay if you like too. No offense takenπŸ˜†

Love you all

10. Reminiscing & Confessions

Khushi watched as they drove into what look like a small mansion. She looked at the mighty wooden gates and tried to read the name. It said Ramnath Nilayam. That place was magnificent. It felt like a paradise with innumerable plants neatly pruned.

"Is this yours?" she asked in a daze and was still trying to take in the beauty of the place.

"No, I am just staying" she heard him. She got down and waited for him to guide her. She felt oddly silent. Weren't they going for a coffee? Why did he bring her here? The previous content of the place took a backseat and now she felt an urge of discomfort and fear settle in. What was he thinking? But deep down she knows she can trust him.

Her previous reservation was washed off with relief as he directed her to the back yard of the house instead inside. A 3-piece white bistro table shined in the morning light, right adjacent looked valleys of tea estates and far across the hills beamed in the morning joy. Perfecto. They sat down and sipping in the coffee.

He looked at her intently and she tried her best not to look straight at him, his gaze was too intense.

"So, when is your flight tomorrow?" she asked the first thing that came to her mind.

He sighed before answering, "Tomorrow at 7!"

"Ok" she was reluctant with the thought of him leaving yet. But what did they even have in common, they don't even know each other that well but still it hurts somewhere?

"Khushi I need to speak to you regarding something," he said, his eyes focused on hers.

She nodded as she looked at him from her coffee cup, anticipating the unknown.

"I like you! I don't know love or...look all that I know is I want to be with you, spend time with you" he said and she felt her heart pound million miles. She cleared her parched throat and kept the coffee mug on the table afraid her trembling hands might spill. She was sure she liked him but hearing it gravitated even more. He waited for her response and she tied all those knots of miseries away and looked at him sharply.

"I'll be honest with you, I...I like you too but..." she was concerned to put it all together in a right manner. How can she ignore the differences? He was a darn CEO!

"But?" he repeated... knowing the answer yet waiting for her to formulate the whole thing in her head.

She took a deep breath, "It's hard for me to think of something that wouldn't work out, let us be real, Arnav! I mean you are the CEO of AR, I...I am just Khushi" she said not able put all her thoughts well but conveyed what she wanted to.

He smiled.

That smile unnerved her. His chocolate brown eyes, looked at her with such mirth.

"Just Khushi? What does that supposed to mean? Are you saying that being a CEO is a bad quality for you not to date?" he slyly replied.

He was good at this. God, she smiled shaking her head.

"Listen Arnav, being a CEO is not the deciding factor but... but... I am unable to ignore the stature difference here" she said helplessly.

He sat silent looking away at the far hills. He didn't speak for a while and Khushi picked her coffee and took a sip, anticipating his next words, somewhere anxious.

"I was raised as a normal kid, Khushi. My mom & dad were in a love marriage, my grandpa never approved her marriage with my dad. But he lived with it. My mom comes from a well-off family, but maa was too dignified and she refused any financial help from her family. They worked their way to save money for our college. My sister, Anjali and I worked hard as well" He looked at her as he paused. She was pretty taken aback when he started speaking about his past.

"During college, dad had huge blows in business and incurred high losses. I worked my ass off along with studies, to make things better. I am not ignoring the differences Khushi. They are just mere materialistic differences. I...I have never felt this way before with any other girl. I know it is too soon." He hurriedly added. "I have never been in a serious relation nor did I want to be, until now... " he stopped there and said "Apart from what we are, all I am asking is, can you give it a try? I mean, see where this lead. I am Just Arnav, after all" he said with a smile.

His genuineness spoke millions. Her heart leaped in joy. She knew she was attracted to him and there is nothing wrong to accept it. But her life is a mess. Can she give that space to love in her life? She wondered.

"Arnav, I...I am not sure about where this goes but I...I like you, thanks for sharing about your life, but my life is a mess. It has always been a complicated one. I am just bothered. I have no parents or siblings, Arnav! I...I am an orphan" she told him, the recollection of her parents' death, the ordeals of life all fresh in her mind. She blinked away her tears not willing to fall weak in front of him. She however felt the need to tell him.

"Hey," she heard his husky voice as she felt his strong fingers catch hold of her hand. She felt the tickle run down her spine. He stroked her hand firmly in reassurance. "I can take complicated" he tried to lighten up the situation.

"It's okay, Khushi! Tis life!" he said, just a simple sentence yet so weighed in truth.

They stayed silent. Khushi reeled in everything and wondered if she was going to miss this chance and let him go. Her heart immediately denied but logic is something else. But he was genuine in his expression and she knew she was not ready to not give a try.

"Maybe" she said out loud as she sipped in the coffee.

"So, where does this leave us?" she asked.

"I ain't sure about that. However, I know it starts with Just Khushi & Just Arnav, he smirked as he leaned in and pecked her cheek in a sound kiss. She sat there as yet another blushing earthling.

NK groaned in frustration. Khushi hasn't picked up her phone since last night, he received a text saying that she reached safe and she is going to sleep. He wanted to leave her alone, so she can figure out. He decided to go in the morning to talk to her and here he was standing in front of a locked door. Her phone was out of coverage area. He walked outside to HP Kaka's and enquired if he saw her. He just shook his head. He swore to god if Arnav hurt her, he would bash him up.

NK always felt protective of Khushi. They have been there for each other for quite a long time, a strangely beautiful friendship. She always found ways to cheer him up when he was in distress. He groaned for the umpteenth time and tried once more, and it rang.

Khushi was startled as her phone started ringing bringing them from their reverie. She looked at NK's id and sighed, he was going to blast off,

"All Ok?" Arnav asked her as he noticed her, worry evident in his tone.

"NK," she said as she picked the call.

"YOU BETTER HAVE GOOD EXPLNATION, NOMAD" he shouted over the phone. She had to distant her phone with the intensity of his voice. Although worried initially, Arnav couldn't help but chuckle.

"I am out, NK... with Arnav she added slowly.

"Are you safe? Share your location. NOW he demanded.

"I am safe, just few streets away, having coffee, that's all. Don't worry she felt weird combination of happiness and worry. NK was protective as hell, that much she knows by now. But he is too much sometimes and she pisses him off even more. What, fun, right?

"You go ahead to the gallery, I shall come meet you there, she said in a firm voice. She heard him sigh.

"OK. Be safe and send your location. No kidding he said in a serious tone.

"Yes, boss! she said as she cut the call and sent the location.

She noticed Arnav gazing into distance. What was he thinking?

"Well, Khushi I... I gotta go now. I have a meeting in Coimbatore today, he said as he got up. She hurriedly stood up on her feet as she wasn't aware how to react.

"Okay, she said as she smiled at him. "I...I'll take your leave then... she said unsure as she started walking feeling weird tug as she left him. Will he call her? Or would he wait for her to call her? Will they meet any time soon? Does he really like her the way he claims?

"Where are you going, Khushi? he asked surprise evident in his tone and so was his demeanor. His eyebrows crunched in a displeased manner.

"Home??? she said as she was stopped, unsure.

"I am dropping you. That's final" he said with that firm tone she couldn't deny of. This was the first time she felt his seriousness.

Sexy. Isn't he? She thought as she smiled to herself.

He walked to her in quick strides and entwined her fingers with his, he looked at her for a second before he walked them outside to the car.

Khushi felt happy. Satisfied to see care and love. Love? She couldn't help but wish.

⭐️

Guys, I take way long time and send you PMs! Some of you haven't accepted my buddy request, please do if you want me to send PM. I have been individually sending to all of those who have commented prior on this post too. Please, I really appreciate if you let your views be heard.πŸ˜† Or it is such a painful task to search and send PM to those not on the list.

Next

Edited by coolie001 - 5 years ago
dv19 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I may be black and you may be white as the pearl,
I may love golf and you may love dance and music,
I may like food of Michelin and you may from the Dhaaba, 
People may say that I'm hotshot born in silver spoon, but you milady 
I worked my ass off to reach and attain that.
We are different, the quo  of social stAtus is What brings  the difference between us, but you did forget that what bridges us is that the colour... which falls between black and white... red..
Red for love
Red for passion 
Red for blood meaning the birth
Red for life or life is red...
So if or in a life time if one color  can give a composition of various things the difference doesnt  matter...
I don't want  to...
It's you I want to paint in red... for a life time...

Lovely chapter.. 
Edited by dv19 - 5 years ago
shoobie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow - really liked Arnav's openness - so cute of NK to worry about Khushi.  Thanks for the update n pm.πŸ‘
jyothirockz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful moments... what's NK's angle
AparnaChinnu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Awesome update yar 
Just loved the way he made her understand...
He shared everything with her...Nk is tooo caring...
Thanksfor the pm 
Doc-ere thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Hey hi,
First thanks for PM & accepting request.
 It's really nice & honest conversation & just hope khushi give try to this maybe NK will give some good advice.
Eager to know what type of complications she have.
Happy New year too dear
chinnulu thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Amazing Update
Loved how Arnav opened up without beating around the bush and let Khushi know about himself and glad to see Khushi letting out her insecurities about the status between them and worried will it work for them or not. Hope Khushi doesn't shun Arnav away due to her complicated life as she says and give themselves a chance as Arnav said. NK is worried about Khushi. He is a good friend who looks out for the other one making sure she is safe and sound. Even though NK knew about Arnav, his first thought was whether Arnav hurt her. Hope NK advice Khushi and help her to take a good decision regarding Arnav.
Eager for the next one
Thanks for the PM