Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jhalak7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Mughals used to marry many women. Marriage was considered as a political arrangement at that time it was not considered as "Love", "responsibility" etc. Akber's first wife "Badshah Begum was married to him at the age of 3...when he was 10". Then he kept marrying for Power . Even Jodha was that. Whether Maan liked Salim or not ...I'm sure no one cared. He was forced and she was forced...marriage was that at that time.
History doesn't tell Salim wanted to marry Anar or not...This is the first serial I am seeing Anar as maid. Before that as far as I know she was a Irani girl who was kidnapped and later turned dancer. She was Akber's "court dancer". Akber was the one who named her "Anarkali". as she was like "Basrai rose or Anar ka dana".
Salim tried to interfere and that hurt papa's ego. He sent his drunk son Salim to prison and buried  the court dancer alive.

So they have changed the history so much...I will not be shocked if  they  arrange a marriage or fake marriage of Anar and Salim too. Hindi serials are not at all good source of history. 😕
Edited by jhalak7 - 5 years ago
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: srilotus

Baghawat between father and son will come at the end. But now I am thinking will Salim marry Maan?.Well obviously according to the history Maan was Salim's first wife.But Salim Maan se shadi Anar ke alive rehte karega yaa Anar ke jaane ke Baad?????

Agree to marry maan bai?

In 21st century parents may ask kids do you want to marry this girl?

That was 15th century Akbar will just order, Salim your marraige is fixed marry maan bai 

No one will ever ask salim his permission to marry any girl in first place in reality 

Edited by myviewprem - 5 years ago
myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: jhalak7

Mughals used to marry many women. Marriage was considered as a political arrangement at that time it was not considered as "Love", "responsibility" etc. Akber's first wife "Badshah Begum was married to him at the age of 3...when he was 10". Then he kept marrying for Power . Even Jodha was that. Whether Maan liked Salim or not ...I'm sure no one cared. He was forced and she was forced...marriage was that at that time.
History doesn't tell Salim wanted to marry Anar or not...This is the first serial I am seeing Anar as maid. Before that as far as I know she was a Irani girl who was kidnapped and later turned dancer. She was Akber's "court dancer". Akber was the one who named her "Anarkali". as she was like "Basrai rose or Anar ka dana".
Salim tried to interfere and that hurt papa's ego. He sent his drunk son Salim to prison and buried  the court dancer alive.

So they have changed the history so much...I will not be shocked if  they  arrange a marriage or fake marriage of Anar and Salim too. Hindi serials are not at all good source of history. 😕

True 

I find it funny that maan bai and salim were asked in court do they want to marry each other?

That was 15th century not 21st century 

I read salim was put in prison for few days for killing Abul Fazl 

I had no idea even for a love affair Akbar put Salim in prison

Yes Salim went to dargah to marry anar in serial

Could kids marry without parents or elders permission in those times NO especially u are a crown prince NEVER no qazi will dare marry you incuring Akbars warth 

Its not 21st century you run from house and marry in temple or court? 

That scene was highly illogcal - if Salim could just go and marry any lover why he had to fight his father for his love. Just run and marry and matter over let dad accept or not. 

But no Salim can never marry on his own because hes prince that too crown prince 

So Akbars permission matters a lot indeed thats only thing required for Salims marraige to anyone the emperors permission 

myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: jhalak7

I find it funny that maan bai and salim were asked in court do they want to marry each other?

That was 15th century not 21st century 

read salim was put in prison for few days for killing Abul Fazl 

I had no idea even for a love affair Akbar put Salim in prison