Well written
It looks interesting❤️
Do update more
Koeli thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

[
Chap 1]

Zoya

I adjusted my glasses over my nose and looked out of the window. I knew that It was my last resort to save this orphanage, my home, my solace. I have spent most of my time in here and was loved by everyone. From the gate keeper to the senior metron sister Johnson.
An unfortunate event took away the life of the owner for which my home is in danger.

I sipped my red tea and thought, If my meeting goes well then probably I would be able to provide shelter to 35 homeless children. I will be able to keep my home safe from those real estate agents.

I glanced towards the folder that dominated my oak table. Aditya Hooda, the name itself gave me goosebumps. Not that I was scared but I don't really take clients like him. Why? You would know the very soon.

Due to lack of fund I couldn't pursue a medical career. Well that was not the only reason behind it. I was unable to after that awful incident happened to me 10 years back. Thinking of which I still get fits of panic attack. It took away the most important phase of my life. However I am now much better and stronger in-terms of facing the world. My physiotherapy education helped a lot for me. And all thanks to sister Johnson who gave her entire savings to me to Persue this profession. I am one of the best physiotherapists in town. Having said that I could have earned a lot if I took it more professionally. But by principal I don't do it for money. My patients mainly belonged to those families who cannot afford expensive treatments.

If my hands weren't bounded on saving the orphanage, I would have rejected this offer on the face of it. But the requester who was the brother of the patient offered me the sum that I could not refuse. With the promised amount I can not only by the orphanage, but can develop the facility as well.

This was the third time I was requested to take this case. First two times I had rejected simply saying I don't have time. But for me the said man being a millionaire was a big no for me. Lets be honest, they have the money to afford anybody in this entire world and secondly I simply hate rich people. You must be thinking whether it has something to do with my past? Yes it has. I hate them to the core.

I opened the folder for the final time before the meeting and glanced at his name for the last time. Aditya Hooda. It isn't that I haven't known his case. Some of my colleagues dealt with this case previously but they survived not more than a week with him. The problem with the patient was that he didn't want to get cured. And when a patient doesn't want to get cured it is the toughest to deal with.

"Ms. Siddiqui ! Mr. Hooda has arrived".

I sighed heavily before turning to my assistant-cum-friend-cum-roomie Misha.

"He is waiting for you in the chamber".

"Thanks Mish, I shall take it from here".

"Zoyie, before you go I want to warn you. You have never lost a case. Your success rate is 100% but I have read this case and Aditya whatever is one hell of patient".

I pressed my shoulder to ease away her worry, "As you yourself have said that my success rate is 100% I vow to cure this man one cent for all. I want to see how long he decides to be stubborn".

Misha walked towards me. "I know what you are doing. I know how much this orphanage means to you. Trust me we will find some other solutions in three months to save this. You really don't have to do this".

"I have to do this Mish, with this money I can build a mini palace for these underprivileged children. I don't want them to go through the pain we have gone through. I might not become a mother in future, but I don't have any regrets because what I have not is not just one baby but 35 little angels and whatever it takes to keep them secured as a mother I will do that".

I kept the file back on the table walked out of the room.

Chapter Three

Edited by -Koeli_Appy- - 5 years ago
eufara_naghm thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Appy diii 
Aap yaha aa gai
I remember I read your story ones and it was one of the best stories I've ever read
And this one is awesome

Loving it very much
ikhtiyar thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
There is something painful in Zo's past. And Adi :// So, physiotherapist Zo is determined to cure him. .. let's see how this one goes! 
Great update! 
AparnaChinnu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
awesome update yar 
Totally loved it 
IISHAFS thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Love  your parts 1 and 2
adventure_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
such a sad event, hope Zoya can help him heal
Koeli thumbnail

[Chap 3]

Zoya

My feet felt heavy as I approached towards my destination. This was it. I knew I am entering in a dangerous territory. I knew it through every fibre of my body. Rich men are my forbidden territory. But I am helpless. Either I have to take this up or I should prepare myself to let go of my home. I can't let the second to happen. It isn't any option. It was decided. I was left with only one choice. Mr. Hooda it is. My instinct said to stay away, turn around, but my heart poked me every time my steps flattered.

The small office that I share with other administrative employees of the orphanage was not far from my little room. So it didn't take much time to reach. But those 2 mins were the hardest if you ask me. Confused, unfocussed, and slightly shaky I turned the door knob to enter. I flinched feeling the cold metal against my fingers.

The moment I entered the room, I was greeted with a tall man probably in his late twenties. He was fair complexioned, strongly built. My initial fear washed away seeing this man. He was nothing what I assumed him to be. He stood up to greet me and something about his looks calmed me. Strange, but true. He was wearing a black-rimmed glasses and there was something angelic about his presence. I extended my hand to shake his.

"Apurva Hooda, he said with a smile, a smile that reached his eyes that took away all my inabitations and his smooth voice helped to settle my jumpy nerves.

"Zoya Siddiqui", my reply was curt and professional. "Please have seat Mr Hooda.

He waited for me to take my seat first like a gentleman and then he made himself comfortable.

Few seconds passed between us. Both of us quiet. I was just giving a final look at the detailed analysis when his voice tore my concentration.

He apologized for intervening me then pushed his finger towards his ear. I frowned unable to understand what he meant then I realized he was asking me if he can take the call. The moment his removed his finger from his ears I saw a black device. Bluetooth.

"Please go ahead Mr Hooda, I would take a couple of minutes before we can discuss".

He muttered thanks and then stood up and walked towards the window.

Between my reading I could hear him getting panicked then ordering something pretty fast. I was unable to concentrate so thought of leaving it. It is better to talk and get this over. To be honest the file which I was reading, I knew it by heart. I read it so many times. It was my nerves that were making me nervous, and delaying the whole thing.

With a frustrated sigh he came and sat in front of me. I offered him some water.

Without any question he uncovered the glass and drank the whole thing bottom's up. That moment I realized, the man was more nervous then I am.

"I am so sorry Miss Siddiqui, I apologize for taking the call in the chamber".

"No offence taken Mr Hooda".

"The call was from home, if you are wondering. My brother, your patient... I mean if you agree to work with him that is.

I leaned against the back rest and closed the file. The one obvious question that was troubling me, I asked.

"Why me Mr Hooda?

Momentarily he looked bewailed. Looked like it was an unexpected question. What did he expect? He might have thought that if he throws money on me I will come wagging my tail?

Then he composed himself and told the most unexpected thing.

"It is you or no one".

Now, What the hell does that mean?

"If anybody can cure my brother it's you Miss Siddiqui".

"You are rich, you can buy anything. You can get best of the best treatments", I knew why he was here, and because everyone, everything failed but still I wanted to know how much did trust he had in me. That's how I take up my work. I need hundred percent trust on my treatment and me.

"Certainly Ma'am, but money cannot buy dedication and sincerity, the two things that you posses Miss Siddiqui, if I am not wrong".

The guy can sweet talk I thought. But at the same time I know why he was doing. He was doing it for his brother. Who in todays world thought about his sibling when everyone in this world is selfish? I knew where my thoughts were going and I immediately put a stop to it.

"Mr Hooda, firstly I don't take up such kind a projects, you know...", before I could complete.

"That's the reason I tried to contact you since long...umm three times if I am not mistaken?"

I tired to keep my poker face but I know my cheeks started heating up. The first two times I totally ignored. Did not even reply to him, well actually I deleted seeing the very first page. The third time I read the case and gave him few references. When he asked the fourth time I couldn't avoid because of the owner of the orphanage passed away two days prior to his request.

"I am sorry Mr Hooda, but I don't do it for rich people. I prefer to help those who cannot afford A-class treatment. But well something came up and I cannot afford to reject it this time".

"Having said that I want to be pretty clear. I am taking this up because this orphenge is in danger. The owner passed away few days back and his son wants to sell this property to a well-known builder. I want to buy this and the only way I can do this is to take up what you have in offer".

"You are ready to pay far more than what market rate is and it will not only save 36 little lives but also give them all the amenities what a normal child deserve".

I can see he is once again speechless. I had to tell him the truth before he thinks I am an arrogant bitch.

"What's with not treating rich people?"

"I am sorry Mr Hooda, I think that doesn't concern now that I am ready to take this case". What the hell? Who the hell does he think of himself asking me personal questions?

"Please accept my apology, I didn't wanted to get personal".

I could see him exhaling his breath, which he was holding for long. Then his lips curved up and he looked away, trying to stop himself from crying? To be honest I was shocked, a six feet man about to cry in front of me? Awkward.

"Please excuse me Miss Siddiqui, you don't know what you have given. I have known you for long. Read about all your success and I was hoping that one day you will agree to treat my brother and bring him back to life".

Wait a minute, now this is getting emotional. Sorry mister, I cannot handle emotions not when it is from a young lad. But what kept on stunning me was his love for his brother. I wonder why his brother refused to get cured when he has such a supportive brother.

Feeling uneasy I spoke "do you want some more water?"

"No..no I am perfectly fine...just a bit overwhelmed. Never thought I would be able to convince you".

I just wanted to kick his brother for some reason. This man is doing so much for him and he was being a stubborn a**. I knew from his file that most of his wounds were healed and that if he tries it will take at the most three months to stand on his own feet.

After few tormenting moments he spoke. "My brother is a difficult patient. He doesn't respond to any therapy. Doctors say he will be able to walk if it religiously follows the guidelines and regular exercise but he doesn't. I want my brother back Miss Siddiqui...please bring my champion brother back".

"Mr Hooda..."

"Apurva, call me Apurva".

I gave him a small smile and did another unexpected thing.

"Provided you call me Zoya".

"Zoya it is then". He said with a smile.
"You are the only hope. Only you can bring back his happiness by making him go into the field and play one day like before.

The little did he know, I don't have any happiness inside me. It was taken away long back. I am just a living soul who doesn't feel anything for herself, let alone giving happiness to others. The only thing she will ever cherish if she can save her home and those thirty five kid.

Chapter Four

Edited by -Koeli_Appy- - 5 years ago
MissRight thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Love it... the characters have depth...
Waiting to read more
ikhtiyar thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Whoa! I didn't know Zoya was so acclaimed in her field of job. Her past is something butter.. 
I'm just waiting for Adi and Zo's meeting.
Update soon!